You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

greatest movie moment ever...

Chris

I know we had a thread similar to this with the crying at films one, but this is slightly different.

But what do you feel are some of the most poignant movie moments of all time? The scenes which really shock, bring a lump to the throat, provoke inense thought and just generally rock ass.

For me it has to be from LOTR: Return of the King.

"My friends, you bow to no-one"

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we had a thread similar to this with the crying at films one, but this is slightly different.

But what do you feel are some of the most poignant movie moments of all time? The scenes which really shock, bring a lump to the throat, provoke inense thought and just generally rock ass.

Where Darth Vader throws the Emperor into the pit.

You'll not be surprised to hear that the scene at the end of Schindler's list, where the give him a gold ring and he breaks down saying he didn't do enough, is one of my favourite scenes ever.

I also like the scene in LOTR when those riders on horseback charge off towards the enemy forces facing certain death and they have that little folk song being sung at the same time. Very good scene.

My third suggestion would have to be the scene in the revenge of the pink panther starting with Clueseau knocking on a door panel "This....is a door" and leading to walking on the treadmill, falling down the stairs, interrogating the staff, swatting away a bee with a mace and then shooting someone. A genius at work.

The scene at the end of Shawshank Redemption on the beach in Mexico.

That film has got a few, the one where he emerges from the sewer and stretches his arms out - a truly iconic image, especially for anyone who's ever worked in a call centre.

Yeah that is a good moment. I also like the bit where Frodo wakes up in Elron's house for the first time after being stabbed by a black rider and the rest of the hobbits pile in and have a little hobbit hoedown.

You'll not be surprised to hear that the scene at the end of Schindler's list, where the give him a gold ring and he breaks down saying he didn't do enough, is one of my favourite scenes ever.

I also like the scene in LOTR when those riders on horseback charge off towards the enemy forces facing certain death and they have that little folk song being sung at the same time. Very good scene.

My third suggestion would have to be the scene in the revenge of the pink panther starting with Clueseau knocking on a door panel "This....is a door" and leading to walking on the treadmill, falling down the stairs, interrogating the staff, swatting away a bee with a mace and then shooting someone. A genius at work.

Love it.

Also those Cato-scenes when he comes back to his appartment.

I don't have any favourite scenes, but I just remembered "Once we were warriors". Love the scene where Jake is saying something like "I'm a lovable chap, Jake the Muss" after twatting the man who rapet his daughter half to death. I might have the timeline wrong but not the line. Great movie that.

Love it.

Also those Cato-scenes when he comes back to his appartment.

I don't have any favourite scenes, but I just remembered "Once we were warriors". Love the scene where Jake is saying something like "I'm a lovable chap, Jake the Muss" after twatting the man who rapet his daughter half to death. I might have the timeline wrong but not the line. Great movie that.

Excellent film that, one of my favourite non-British or Hollywood films. Jake is played by Jango Fett isn't he?

Great actor, though Shortland Street was turd.

Excellent film that, one of my favourite non-British or Hollywood films. Jake is played by Jango Fett isn't he?

Great actor, though Shortland Street was turd.

Had to check. It's Temuera Morrison. The movie is actually from 1994.....I have to see it again now after doing some checking. One of my all time favourites.

mptv1.gifmptv1.gifmptv1.gif

edit: Don't know why the pics don't work. Shall see if I can find someone else.

Yeah pity about the next 20mins of the film!! They should have ended it right there!

Loads of Star Wars moments for me too though.

"Luke - I am your father" was pretty cool though - good call Madstock