You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

greatest movie moment ever...

Chris

The bit in Black Hawk Down where they finally make it back alive to the Pakistani stadium, they all look shattered and traumatised, you can almost feel the same watching it after the constant gun battles throughout the film and loss of life.

It wasn't the gun battle that had them shattered it was the 500 mile walk then 2000 mile swim from Mogadishu to Karachi :whistle:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread this. For me though it is Yoda lifting the X-wing out of the swamp.

It was the first time we started to understand the power of the "force" and the dialogue in the scene is perfect. Add to that John Williams truly outstanding accompliment and this scene still does it for me.

PS. I know, I know. I am a geek.

Guest The Chimp

Don't know if it's been mentioned but in Zulu when the Zulu warriors appear at the end and look as if they're going to finish off the red-jackets, but show respect instead. Also the "Men of Harlec" singing.

Planet of the Apes - when you first see a gorilla riding a horse and the head of the Statue of Liberty, when it become clear a nuclear apocalypse has happened.

Syrianna - when Clooney get's his fingernail removed and the bomb at the end, also the "What do they expect" speech.

LOTR - you bow to no-one.

Star Wars - Vader killing Obi Wan and Luke's reaction and when Han comes in from nowhere at the end . . . "I have you now" . . . "Yahoo!"

Loads more, but them off the top of my head.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but in Zulu when the Zulu warriors appear at the end and look as if they're going to finish off the red-jackets, but show respect instead. Also the "Men of Harlec" singing.

Planet of the Apes - when you first see a gorilla riding a horse and the head of the Statue of Liberty, when it become clear a nuclear apocalypse has happened.

Syrianna - when Clooney get's his fingernail removed and the bomb at the end, also the "What do they expect" speech.

LOTR - you bow to no-one.

Star Wars - Vader killing Obi Wan and Luke's reaction and when Han comes in from nowhere at the end . . . "I have you now" . . . "Yahoo!"

Loads more, but them off the top of my head.

I've had that sat on the shelf waiting to be watched for ages now; that just reminded me I have to get it on.

Guest The Chimp
I've had that sat on the shelf waiting to be watched for ages now; that just reminded me I have to get it on.

It's a very thought-provoking and intelligent film in my eyes Stu.

Optimus Prime's death in Transformers the Movie- the cartoon one.

The bit on the tank in Last Crusade. "The pen is mightier than the sword!"

The stoning in Life of Brian.

Dumb & Dumber when they're talking about women. "Yeah she dumped me." "Did she say why?" "Yeah, I called her up, she gave me some crap about not listening to her enough or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."

The last scene in Ben Hur.

When the Blues Brothers keep saying 'shit' to the nun.

George Bailey's return to Bedford Falls after seeing what the town would be like if he'd never been born.