You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

I love these lads and Klopp, but...

Two non performances against this abject shower of shite is frankly unforgivable.

To turn up week after week but then sleepwalk through matches against truly bitter rivals, presenting the fans' arses on a plate all lubed up and ready to go, is fucking shit.

Klopp often moans about the fans. Do sing, don't sing, do sing this but don't sing that.

Well it works both ways. If our fans have to sit through that bile, and times it by 20 if we don't get a win, then at least show us you know what it means, and you understand what's at stake.

They've proven in both these games that they don't, sadly.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

Just accept we aren’t winning the league.  We’ve ran out of steam.  The forwards aren’t scoring and the lads coming back from injury aren’t up to speed.  Jones was absolutely horrific.

Quansah killed us though.  That mistake has been coming since the Brighton game.  He was at it all first half in that game as well.  He’s got too confident holding on to the ball.  He just delays and delays until he’s got one/two options and then plays the highest risk worst one which is easy to get wrong.  We fucked it up not playing Konate and swapping today and Quansah in the week.

On Quansah and Konaté, Klopp has done this forever, though. Quansah was the one who was getting the run of games, so he played the bigger one today. Thursday was used to get Konaté back in the team after injury and build up some fitness.

1 minute ago, Dapower said:

Some proper bed pissing on here come on 7 to go a hard derby out the way and level on points 

You act like we haven’t been in this position countless times in recent years.  When it’s close we never win it.  That’s down to the opposition and the referees as much as it is us.  We have to be exceptional and win every game when it hits this period and we can’t do it.  It’s ridiculous that we have to buy it’s the reality.

• Upvote 2

We should know by now that Utd play without a midfield and leaves the wingers high upfield.

Therefor you leave the full backs, and push one of the centre backs up in space, let the wingers pull their back four wide and get behind them with runs from midfield. 

Instead, we tried to play it like a normal game. 

Didn't help that Mo stank up the place and Electric Nunez has the game intelligence of my cat's litter box. 

Harvey was good, tho. And Diaz put in a shift. 

We've had over 90 shots in the3 games against them this season and hit the target only 26 times. And only 5 goals to show from it all.

Our conversion rate must be the worst in the league. 7, count them, FUCKING SEVEN big chances today,and an xg of 3.5 to their 0.7! And we barely scraped a fucking draw!

Let them fucking walk home the cunts. Once bitten twice shy. My god, we've been bitten bout 10 times this season.

Mane and Bobby would've had a hat trick each today, as would jota.

Feel sorry for quansah as he's been brilliant and his mistake should've been a talking point in a game they lost 5.1.

As much as i love this club, i fucking hate that shower at the moment.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, now we get to see if Arsenal can finally handle the pressure. Have they got the mettle? Played for the draw at City…knowing it was probably their hardest fixture.

Fancy Arsenal to drop points but we just lost our protection and given how dominant we were in the first half, that was criminal.

Harvey has been excellent again. We need to have him in the team.

Quansah's mistake was horrendous but the attackers were so poor. For me, it's on them here. 

I was worried we would play the occasion and that's exactly what happened. We play our game and it's 21 points out of 21.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Cannot comprehend anyone calling the players bottlers. A draw at Old Trafford isn’t a bad result. Long way to go and arsenal still have to play Tottenham. 

A draw today was a bad result. It's not disastrous but that should have been 3pts. 

A point isn’t fatal to our hopes of being in a title race (which happens when there’s 3 or 4 games left to play and you’re top or a couple of points off top). And it’s not bad considering we shit our kecks for a bit too and looked like losing. 

But, that failure to kill off the game in the first half is criminal. 

Klopp should consider making a few changes to freshen things up. 

Elliott needs to start games. Szoboszlai needs dropping to buck his ideas up.

Klopp has put faith in Quansah. He’s done alright. But has looked a bit shaky in the bigger games, alongside an another relatively inexperienced player in Bradley. If Konate isn’t fit, I’d play Gomez next to van Dijk in the more difficult games.

I’d even consider Elliott over Salah too. He still looks short of being at his top level. Jones was poor when he came on too. Got caught in possession far too often. He looks like he needs slowly easing back in too. Jota and Trent need to get back quick smart. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

It’s a rare mistake

He’d done it twice in the first half and it should have been addressed. He didn’t even look. Kelleher was an easy and safe pass.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

On Quansah and Konaté, Klopp has done this forever, though. Quansah was the one who was getting the run of games, so he played the bigger one today. Thursday was used to get Konaté back in the team after injury and build up some fitness.

So he needs to fucking change it. He pissed away the FA Cup too because of a thursday night lineup he didnt need to make.

4 minutes ago, niallers said:

We've had over 90 shots in the3 games against them this season and hit the target only 26 times. And only 5 goals to show from it all.

Our conversion rate must be the worst in the league. 7, count them, FUCKING SEVEN big chances today,and an xg of 3.5 to their 0.7! And we barely scraped a fucking draw!

Let them fucking walk home the cunts. Once bitten twice shy. My god, we've been bitten bout 10 times this season.

Mane and Bobby would've had a hat trick each today, as would jota.

Feel sorry for quansah as he's been brilliant and his mistake should've been a talking point in a game they lost 5.1.

As much as i love this club, i fucking hate that shower at the moment.

earlier in the season we were getting ‘filler’ goals from midfield. That seems to be lacking lately except macca’s boomer. Van Dyke won us the cup.

2 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Cannot comprehend anyone calling the players bottlers. A draw at Old Trafford isn’t a bad result. Long way to go and arsenal still have to play Tottenham. 

It is when it was plain to see the gulf between the two teams.

Hate to say it but them scoring did give our players the shits when it really shouldn't have given how dominant we were 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Anubis said:

He’d done it twice in the first half and it should have been addressed. He didn’t even look. Kelleher was an easy and safe pass.

It’s a one in 200 occurrence though. And VVD cost us points against Arsenal. It happens.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

People aren’t being fannies. People are rightly pissed off because we’re too casual up front and too casual in defence. Quansah needs to be read the riot act. Despite the plaudits he’s a long way from being VVD.

They are being utter fucking fannies. The catastrophising is more annoying than the Utd fans on my WhatsApp.

The forwards much worse than Quansah, who mishit a pass. It fucking happens. Should have been a consolation at best.

Regardless, we're in a race, arsenal now top of the table, a position they are allergic to. Let's not shit the bed.

• Upvote 2

The sad thing about today is that was very likely to happen in the same fashion as the cup tie. Not putting teams away is our achilles heel and will probably prevent winning the league this time, That said it was never expected this transitional side , especially with all the injuries, would be anywhere near top spot well into April. I said at the start of the season I would snatch your hand off to be one place ahead of Arsenal and I still would . Sadly it probably wont happen  but Klopp has worked wonders with the squad and even if we end up 3rd its a magnificent effort 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So he needs to fucking change it. He pissed away the FA Cup too because of a thursday night lineup he didnt need to make.

So Klopp's lost his killer instinct and can go in the summer?