You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Manager Poll (Sans Alonso)

Next Liverpool Manager  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Next Liverpool Manager

• Ruben Amorim
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Julian Nagelsmann
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Marco Silva
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Michel Sanchez
    • Unai Emery
    • Vitor Pereira
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Julen Lopetegui
    • Simone Inzaghi
    • Graham Potter
    • Other (Specify in comments)

If its not a "TOP" Manager getting the job I would much prefer someone like Gary Oneil to be given a chance. The problem is we need more than a coach at LFC as opposed to Emery/That fraud Stig keeps banging on about at Spurs. Fuck me anyone can win a title in Scotland. May as well get Rodgers back if thats the criteria. 

And if there is no one out there for the next x5-10yrs for an appointment then give it to Carlo to steady the ship for x2 yrs whilst we look for what we need. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I said before, negative managers don't get the same chance though. If their football is shit and they don't win, nobody gives them time. And if they do win and stop winning, there's still almost zero tolerance. It's really not as simple as saying "who gives us the best chance of winning", because they don't get the same opportunity to get there. It's part of why emery didn't get more time at arsenal, because the football was absolutely shit.

Rafa got six seasons though. 

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm well aware of that. 

I'm only saying what I personally prefer, so it is as simple as that for me. I'm not selecting the manager. I'd simply rather a more pragmatic manager who was actually taking steps to address problems with the team than one who was basically buying himself time by playing six up front.

And actually what you say is only relevant in the UK, certainly to this degree. Football is about winning in Italy, for example. Not being a big brave lion, or "getting on the front foot". 

I want both honestly. This is relief from the shitness of life. I have enjoyed watching Klopp's team. That has been mostly winning, but it was great and enjoyable way before we started winning. 

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Rafa got six seasons though. 

Season 1 2004/5 European Cup win.

Season 2 2005/6 FA Cup win.

Season 3 2006/7 European Cup final.

Season 4 2007/8 a decent 76 point season and a european cup semi final, knocked out by the cheats of London

Season 5 2008/9 Title challenge and european cup QF, knocked out by the same cheats. 

Season 6 2009/10 First bad season. Sacked. 

But considering you dismissed Emery for not winning it could also be seen like this.

04/05: Final winners, finalists

05/06: Final winners

06/07: Finalists

07/08: Nothing

08/09: Nothing

09/10: Nothing

IMG_0602.jpeg

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Would be nice to not concede first every game, have a modicum of control over the game again and take our chances. New manager? New style? Both?

What do I fucking know. Code for manager!

Players will atleast know how many chances they missed, how many shots got blocked etc.

7 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Players will atleast know how many chances they missed, how many shots got blocked etc.

Naive defending and missing gilt edged chances has cost us, all avoidable.

Injuries have been unprecedented of course. 

57 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I want both honestly. This is relief from the shitness of life. I have enjoyed watching Klopp's team. That has been mostly winning, but it was great and enjoyable way before we started winning. 

I mean, that would be nice.

I think there is a paucity of really good managers because a handful have cleared up for the last 10-20 years. So a club like ours is left looking at very inexperienced options.

I've loved the style of football we've had with Klopp, and certainly couldn't argue with the rewards taking into account we've had to battle against a team that is cheating, but the idea of a slightly more pragmatic manager happy enough to shithouse his way through European ties or in tough league games...well...that's fine by me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Code said:

But considering you dismissed Emery for not winning it could also be seen like this.

04/05: Final winners, finalists

05/06: Final winners

06/07: Finalists

07/08: Nothing

08/09: Nothing

09/10: Nothing

IMG_0602.jpeg

yeah, you could look at rafa's time like that. but that's not the reality is it? and it doesn't matter if i dismiss emery or not. it's if arsenal did. and they did. because his results were poor and his football was shit. 

arsenal were 19 points off the top of the league after just 13 matches in his 2nd season when he was sacked. The were 11 & 10  points off 2nd and 3rd and 8 points off a CL place. The football was shit and because the football was shit and the results were shit, he got fired. If he'd been playing a better brand of football, it might have bought him some time to build, but he offered absolutely nothing. 

For me the two things that need to change with the new manager

1. Intensity - We play too much on a knife edge and when it goes wrong, it goes wrong. Plus we have had continuous injury problems over the years

2. Finishing- Obvious one this but I think we need a new number 9

6 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

If its not a "TOP" Manager getting the job I would much prefer someone like Gary Oneil to be given a chance. The problem is we need more than a coach at LFC as opposed to Emery/That fraud Stig keeps banging on about at Spurs. Fuck me anyone can win a title in Scotland. May as well get Rodgers back if thats the criteria. 

And if there is no one out there for the next x5-10yrs for an appointment then give it to Carlo to steady the ship for x2 yrs whilst we look for what we need. 

Gary O’Neil:

•Young British manager

•Early in his career

•Hasn’t won anything 

•Did well with smaller clubs

•Progressive style of football. 
Some of these are good things. All of these are things we got with Rodgers. Please don’t say you want Gary O’Neil in one sentence, and then bemoan someone who had a very similar profile and CV when he arrived a decade or so ago. 

7 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Gary O’Neil:

•Young British manager

•Early in his career

•Hasn’t won anything 

Some of these are good things. All of these are things we got with Rodgers. Please don’t say you want Gary O’Neil in one sentence, and then bemoan someone who had a very similar profile and CV when he arrived a decade or so ago. 

Gary O'Neil doesn't play progressive football.

The job he's done at Wolves is basically to get them decent results in not super easy circumstances because they have had some bad injuries. The football is bad, though.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

yeah, you could look at rafa's time like that. but that's not the reality is it? and it doesn't matter if i dismiss emery or not. it's if arsenal did. and they did. because his results were poor and his football was shit. 

arsenal were 19 points off the top of the league after just 13 matches in his 2nd season when he was sacked. The were 11 & 10  points off 2nd and 3rd and 8 points off a CL place. The football was shit and because the football was shit and the results were shit, he got fired. If he'd been playing a better brand of football, it might have bought him some time to build, but he offered absolutely nothing. 

How do you know that?

16 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Gary O’Neil:

•Young British manager

•Early in his career

•Hasn’t won anything 

The fuck are you going on about??

I said I dont want Ange fucking whatever his name. The only reason why Stig is banging on about him is because of his record in SCOTLAND where Rodgers is. If that was the criteria we would have Rodgers back. 

49 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Gary O’Neil:

•Young British manager

•Early in his career

•Hasn’t won anything 

Gary O’Neil seems like a decent guy though and he’s been at the club while Klopp has been here, Rodgers seemed to be the biggest prick on the planet. 

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Gary O’Neil seems like a decent guy though and he’s been at the club while Klopp has been here, Rodgers seemed to be the biggest prick on the planet. 

Plus he's used to getting well and truly screwed over by the officials in this league. So he's Taylor made for us so...........