You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When was the last time you went to the gym?

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Thursday. My missus is practicing teaching a new Les Mills cycling class today, I was supposed to go to it, but I'm far too hungover.

She’s riding Les while you’re at home eating crisps? Modern relationships eh 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

About a month ago, I fucking hate it, it's ram jam morning noon and night, mainly with groups of teenage lads who just surround each machine but don't do anything, just yap.

I go on my lunch most days and the gym I go to, in Clapham, is wall to wall poontang.

Makes dragging my sorry arse there worthwhile.

Me too on home gym but not done anything for a few months due sickness and injuries.

Used to go to Vics gym on Beech St, Kensington which was full of bouncers roided up and ready to go, few of the regulars in there where in the film Shooters. It was rough as fuck.

Now Gym 21 owned by former Mr Universe, Bill Jones.

I'm actually one of the younger ones at my gym. The other week I was doing Pull ups, now Pull ups are not an easy exercise. This fella about 60 maybe a bit younger asks can he jump on with me. I said yes thinking a fella that age is doing well do even one Pull up. He then strapped a 15kg weight on himself and smashed out 8 reps with perfect form.

15 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to go reasonably regularly, mostly to swim. 

I haven’t been since the first lockdown.

At some point I need to cancel my membership.

Swimming doesn’t count, shirley? I’m going swimming with my kid today. The closest I’ll come to real exercise is climbing the steps for the flumes. 

Sudbury’s got a wave machine. 

• Upvote 1

Decided I needed a new me when I moved house in summer 2022 and joined the local gym. Never went once and ended up counting the days until I could cancel the membership in summer 2023,  about 360 pound lighter.

I was watching an old episode of House of Games with Turdsette last night and on the ‘Distinctly Average’ round one of the questions was how many people in the UK held a gym membership at the end of 2022. 

The answer was just shy of ten million and Osman went on to say that three out of every four of those memberships go unused.

1 hour ago, littletedwest said:

My gym membership is monthly it's so old school they don't take card payments just pay cash each month or just when you wanna go. Definitely better than a contract.

My gym is a monthly Direct Debit but you can suspen or cancel month to month if you want to.