You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Season - New "Rules"

an tha

Some interesting stuff here - of course the absolute shower that are in charge of making this stuff work will fuck it up, be inconsistent and probably abandon stuff after a few weeks - but at face value some positive stuff.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/the-four-changes-the-fa-are-making-ahead-of-the-new-premier-league-season/

This caught my eye though

On the pitch, there will be an emphasis on letting physical challenges go, with a higher threshold set to be in place for contact challenges, though tackles and play deemed careless will still be penalised. It is part of an attempt to let the game flow more freely and reduce stoppages.

However, there could well be more yellow cards brandished anyway, with dissent set to receive a major shakeup. Should more than one player crowd the referee at any one time, the FA claim that at least one of those will be booked, something that was trialled when Mario Lemina was sent off for Wolves in February.

Get ready for the "letting physical challenges go" to mean open season for Salah to get kicked to fuck and when we rightly go mad our players to get booked.....

Meanwhile other top players will be reffed to a different standard and get penalties and free kicks for challenges on them that Salah will simply never get and we'll see the inconsistency and bias that the useless twats who officiate are so full of week in week out....

The clowns in the media and the pundits will of course be full of shit about it all and show as much inconsitency and bias as the useless officials, and to top it off clowns like Dermot Gallagher will be picking up a small fortune to defend his pals.

• Upvote 6

Physical challenges coupled with offsides being called late to allow the play to develop seems to be asking for trouble.

It was bad enough when keepers/defenders had to make unnecessary challenges because they refused to call the offside before they become more lenient on physicality.  

Sums these cunts up. There be less yellows because we'll let you kick shit out of each other. But if you speak to the ref the wrong way, we'll book you, so don't expect yellows to go down overall. So player safety seems less important than making the referees feel important. 

And this adding time on. Sound..but how about sorting out the fucking time wasting in the first place. Because this will still be subjective unless we go to a system where the clock is stopped each time it goes out of play. So it'll still be a decision which gets decided by the colour of your shirt and the birth place of the referee. 

• Upvote 1

Physical challenges being let go. More hauling at players with rugby tackles. Bullshit. 

Laying hands on players should be immediate yellow cards.

Time wasting, especially by goalkeepers, should be strictly penalised - as laid down in the rules.

POGMOL are cunts, one and all, and Webb is King Cunt.

On the pitch, there will be an emphasis on letting physical challenges go, with a higher threshold set to be in place for contact challenges, though tackles and play deemed careless will still be penalised. It is part of an attempt to let the game flow more freely and reduce stoppages.

Open season on our lads then (as it it wasn't previously).  

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sums these cunts up. There be less yellows because we'll let you kick shit out of each other. But if you speak to the ref the wrong way, we'll book you, so don't expect yellows to go down overall. So player safety seems less important than making the referees feel important. 

It's almost like there's a policeman in charge.

• Upvote 2

Time wasting in rugby and I'm sure some other sports results in the direction being reversed. If Martinez faced an indirect free kick every time he thought he was being funny then he'd soon sort himself out. So simple to sort.

I'm really looking forward to fouls not being given at Anfield when visiting players simply stop running, wait for any contact and then fling themselves to the floor.

Also, on the plus side, our games should be about ten minutes longer thanks to opposition goalies calling centre backs in, then ushering them back upfield for every single fucking goal kick.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm really looking forward to fouls not being given at Anfield when visiting players simply stop running, wait for any contact and then fling themselves to the floor.

Also, on the plus side, our games should be about ten minutes longer thanks to opposition goalies calling centre backs in, then ushering them back upfield for every single fucking goal kick.

Or dropping to the floor every time they catch it.

Changes or not we need to be much bigger cunts. We get absolutely nothing for trying to do things the "right way". In fact, most fans of other clubs thinks we get more VAR decisions than everyone else, and that half the team are divers.

Well, we should actually be cheating more. We should be diving more. Feigning injury. Doing the Kane back in foul. We should be doing absolutely everything to fuck over our opponents, because you're not rewarded for not doing so. If you don't hit the deck in the penalty area you don't get a penalty. It's that simple. The refs are fucking abysmal in this country, and are rightly seen as a bit of a joke all across Europe.

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Changes or not we need to be much bigger cunts. We get absolutely nothing for trying to do things the "right way". In fact, most fans of other clubs thinks we get more VAR decisions than everyone else, and that half the team are divers.

Well, we should actually be cheating more. We should be diving more. Feigning injury. Doing the Kane back in foul. We should be doing absolutely everything to fuck over our opponents, because you're not rewarded for not doing so. If you don't hit the deck in the penalty area you don't get a penalty. It's that simple. The refs are fucking abysmal in this country, and are rightly seen as a bit of a joke all across Europe.

I was with you right till the end. The refs in Europe seem no better. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was with you right till the end. The refs in Europe seem no better. 

They're much better. I wouldn't judge them on games in European competitions under very different instructions. 

The average ref in La Liga or Serie A is considerably better than the average ref in the Premier League. Better grasp of the rules, fitter, less likely to shit out of decisions, less likely to close ranks, less likely to have interest in being mates with certain players. 

26 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They're much better. I wouldn't judge them on games in European competitions under very different instructions. 

The average ref in La Liga or Serie A is considerably better than the average ref in the Premier League. Better grasp of the rules, fitter, less likely to shit out of decisions, less likely to close ranks, less likely to have interest in being mates with certain players. 

I judge them on the CL and euros etc. They all seem as shite and corrupt. Var is no better used, often shit in a different way, but still shit. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I judge them on the CL and euros etc. They all seem as shite and corrupt. Var is no better used, often shit in a different way, but still shit. 

Yes, I had assumed you weren't watching huge amounts of La Liga and Serie A. I think it's different, more pressure I guess.

I disagree regarding VAR. I think it's terrible and would happily see it binned yesterday, but it's at its absolute worst in English football. Which I expect. The people making the decisions are worse at doing so.

• Upvote 1