You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Was about to say these twitter accounts know how to phrase things to drive response but then Daisy demonstrated it so now I don't have too.

Drops interest is a stretch given everything we've heard from journalists close to the club is we aren't interested and while we have watched him he's not close to being a priority.

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

This would break my heart into a thousand pieces…

IMG_9101.png

It was reported by one of those AnfieldWatch, AnfieldEdition style sites and attributed to the fella below who had this reaction. 

Sounds like he does a version of TIFO's sensible transfer video where based on stats he suggests good landing spots for players and mentioned Utd rather than it being a possible destination.

18 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Why is Henderson immune? The weakest link in  our regular starting 11 - fuck sentimentality- get the armband off him and get rid.

You don't have to sell every player who isn't an automatic starter, you'd have a fucking 11 man squad if if worked that way. 

10 minutes ago, TheSire said:

You don't have to sell every player who isn't an automatic starter, you'd have a fucking 11 man squad if if worked that way. 

And where did I suggest selling all but the automatic starters? Replace the aging players and those who don’t reach the required standard - Henderson meets both of those criteria. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

And where did I suggest selling all but the automatic starters? Replace the aging players and those who don’t reach the required standard - Henderson meets both of those criteria. 

Yeah, get rid of every experienced player that'll definitely help blood in any new players we buy.

If we got rid of every aging player that isn't at the same standard as the first 11 it would set us back 2/3 years until all the new players learnt the system and tactics.

Players learn from players not just from the coaching staff. You don't get rid of every winner it took you years to build because they don't win anymore. You have to keep a few around for the younger/newer players to learn from. Transition needs to be gradual to maintain standards and competitiveness.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Yeah, get rid of every experienced player that'll definitely help blood in any new players we buy.

If we got rid of every aging player that isn't at the same standard as the first 11 it would set us back 2/3 years until all the new players learnt the system and tactics.

Players learn from players not just from the coaching staff. You don't get rid of every winner it took you years to build because they don't win anymore. You have to keep a few around for the younger/newer players to learn from. Transition needs to be gradual to maintain standards and competitiveness.

Succession - just not the tv show type.

39 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Correct , they help maintain the club culture during the creation of the new squad.

Personally I'd love Barella but if Klopp likes McAllister go for it.

I can't see us signing two midfielders unless Klopp really doesn't want Trent to play there and someone like Tiago is leaving. I mean Hendo, Fabinho, Curtis, Bajcetic, Elliott etc How many do we need?

3 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Personally I'd love Barella but if Klopp likes McAllister go for it.

I can't see us signing two midfielders unless Klopp really doesn't want Trent to play there and someone like Tiago is leaving. I mean Hendo, Fabinho, Curtis, Bajcetic, Elliott etc How many do we need?

Lots of different types of midfielder in that list, not all are suited to every midfield role we have.

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

I have a feeling Elliott will not be used as a midfielder again by Klopp. 

He needs to improve off the ball and maybe needs a similar improvement to Jones when it comes to decision making but I think you'll still see him in the pool of advanced 8's with Jones, Henderson and (based on most persistent rumours) Mac Allister and Mount.

(as well as deputising on the right).