You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Lovren, just like Gini and Mané, were let go at exactly the right time. Those 3 were not good after they left the club.

Just happens to be a massive coincidence weve got progressively worse after each departure

3 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

FSG must be kicking their lips at the performances of Trent and Jones in the middle. Can see us only getting the one midfielder now given how tight the cunts are.

Scotts already on board the propaganda wagon 

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Lovren, just like Gini and Mané, were let go at exactly the right time. Those 3 were not good after they left the club.

Mane might not have had a good season at Bayern but I doubt things would've gone as badly with him still here. We could've kept him a little longer or at least got another player in that would've helped us adjust better than we did.

8 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Mane might not have had a good season at Bayern but I doubt things would've gone as badly with him still here. We could've kept him a little longer or at least got another player in that would've helped us adjust better than we did.

And have him leave for free after?

56 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So let's correct Scotts bullshit

19/20 Summer  - shit fucking cunts

20/21 Summer - cunts

20/21 Winter - abject fucking disgrace

21/22 summer - bare fucking minimum

22/23 summer - incompetent mess

22/23 winter - as above

Insightful. Thanks.

Given you've seen him so many times, tell me how Ugarte will improve us? This is the 3rd or so time I've asked now, shirely, you have seen him play, haven't you....?

45 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Scotts already on board the propaganda wagon 

You obviously read my post on the other page as you quoted it.

I suggest re-reading it for my thoughts and how they've been the same all season. 

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

FSG must be kicking their lips at the performances of Trent and Jones in the middle. Can see us only getting the one midfielder now given how tight the cunts are.

The arrogant cheap bastards would probably have the audacity to question Klopp's opinion/authority on this too, in the event he asks for more money for midfield.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

People can moan about the 19/20 summer window but 99 points and winning the league in record time, IMO, dismisses those complaints. Nobody has ever said “We didn’t sign anybody after the CL, that’ll impact us in 3/4 years time…”.

Maybe not literally those words so there's your get out but believe me, people were saying that FSG were not backing Klopp enough to keep us at the top table before, during, and after the CL and PL wins. 

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Smartarses everywhere it seems, both at the Club and in the stands.

Biggest reason we will end up in the biggest black hole of a competition in the Europa League. Just think from PL winners to Europa in three seasons. Incredible how quickly you can slide.

It’s not being a smart arse. It’s using facts to determine an opinion. 

It not other posters fault you and Daisy just spout any old nonsense and see your arse when you continually get picked up on it. 

Although the headline is PL winners to EL in 3 seasons, it’s conveniently ignores coming 2nd, getting to the CL Final and winning 2 domestic trophies. 

Nobody at all is disputing this season has been a huge disappointment. We all recognise we need to improve and where. The more reasonable ones of us aren’t trying to re-write history and bend the truth to fit poorly formed opinions. 

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

Maybe not literally those words so there's your get out but believe me, people were saying that FSG were not backing Klopp enough to keep us at the top table before, during, and after the CL and PL wins. 

I know people were saying about Klopp not being back in those summers.

Apart from the winter window in 20/21 and the summer window in 22/23 (which I don’t think anybody is disputing), performances and trophies have proved our squad is good enough. 

Unfortunately, currently, City’s is better. 

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Spot on.

• Upvote 1

The not backing of Klopp was a facile argument to make because we were obviously going to spend less when we were winning because the squad were all prime age and the goal was to keep them together.

If anything, some players should have been sold earlier to ensure more freshness and turnover. And then people would have complained had we done that.

That said, not signing a single player summer of 19 was not great.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Mane was prime Klopp Liverpool, Id have him for another couple of seasons, even as a bit part. Get the feeling he was earning or wanted to earn far too much to play that role

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I know people were saying about Klopp not being back in those summers.

Yes but not because they wanted spending for spending sake, but precisely because they could see us running into trouble 2/3/4 years down the line.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Yes but not because they wanted spending for spending sake, but precisely because they could see us running into trouble 2/3/4 years down the line.

Given the 0000’s of posts over the past 4 years on this subject, I find it hard to believe that posters were meaning to post about potential issues 2/3/4 years down the line but nobody ever got round to mentioning it.