You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

This is going to go down well in North London…

Case Study in point:

Joely

WTFFF im done with this club if this happens. Fuck you Levy

To be fair, his reaction in that picture is pretty apt for someone so bad being awarded a new 3 year contract with no doubt a pay rise. Just praying its to protect whatever value he has but gut instinct is we'll be seeing Lurch and his usual cock ups next season with Levy no doubt telling Slot, Ange, Alonso, De Zerbi or whoever they have a potential Baresi on their hands.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

As Jairzinho said, we got £12.5m for Ward and he’s garbage. 

Remember when the Echo said Ward was going to be given a chance at taking over from Karius as number 1 and then we signed Alisson almost immediately? Thank fuck it worked out that way. 

I'm all-in on Alex Scott from Bristol City. 

At 17, he's a phenom.  You could make a case for buying him just based on his tackling, but he's also as gifted as Pedri.  

If he only costs £25-30m we should be all over that.  As it is, I fully expect Brighton to buy him with the £70m they get for MacAllister, and then laugh their arses off at us. 

I don't know how anyone could dislike Mac Allister. Even if the fee could be seen as too much and if it turns out he's not world class, the floor is so high with him. He is good at every position in midfield. I don't think people get how rare and valuable that is. At worst he'd be a very serviceable, solid player.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Gotta admit, if Arsenal start next season with a midfield of Rice, Caicedo and Odegaard I’ll be very jealous. That’s almost a perfect midfield. Buy a top forward and they’re likely contenders again. 

I actually thought Xhaka was really good for them this season.

I'm hoping we'll be right up there again from August, so having a third club like Arsenal being relatively competitive might not do us any harm in trying to catch City.  With the margins so tight we need other teams to take points off them, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to see where those challenges will come from with Spurs and Chelsea falling off and Man United treating City like their masters in every game. 

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't know how anyone could dislike Mac Allister. Even if the fee could be seen as too much and if it turns out he's not world class, the floor is so high with him. He is good at every position in midfield. I don't think people get how rare and valuable that is. At worst he'd be a very serviceable, solid player.

We're in a good place if we're being sniffy about the prospect of bringing in World Cup winning Argentinian midfielders. 

He's as near to a complete midfielder as we'll get at that money. I'd have him over Declan Rice anyway. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Gotta admit, if Arsenal start next season with a midfield of Rice, Caicedo and Odegaard I’ll be very jealous. That’s almost a perfect midfield. Buy a top forward and they’re likely contenders again. 

So if they spend £170 million on two midfielders plus maybe another £80 mill on a top forward they’d like be contenders?
Just the small end of quarter of a billion quid…

• Upvote 2

People should get the deals done quick. Man United wont be like Newcastle once they come into money- they just love spunking 100m on players that enhance "the brand"  

Galacticos will come and go like buses with very little thought about how they fit into the team 

• Upvote 1