You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp (Rules)

Bruce Spanner

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bakayu Saka in the defender draft. Srsly?

Edit. Picked simultaneously in the attacker thread. 

CONTROVERSY.  What’s Bruce gonna do. 

He going to grow a pair and slap whatever cunt picked him as a defender.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I was looking at him but thought he would be a forward. He played at LB a bit last year when breaking in but seems a wide forward. Mind you hasn't that Ajax fullback been allowed in midfield. 

I don't get how we are deciding what's what with some players 

Just now, The Golden Eel said:

I personally think Saka is fair enough in any of the three categories. 

Don't have a big issue but Im bitter I was denied David Neres as he isn't a midfielder, but a player who is a central  AM is

Screenshot_20210310_182007_com.android.chrome.jpg

Just now, Lee909 said:

Don't have a big issue but Im bitter I was denied David Neres as he isn't a midfielder, but a player who is a central  AM is

Yeah, that's a tight call, I'd have probably allowed that seeing as it's suggesting he can play right mid and left mid, with a distinction from the left and right wings. I don't know enough about him to give an informed opinion though. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I think ability comes into it too. Neres is hardly a difference maker, I wouldn't have an issue with that. Some cunt tried to pick Messi in Midfield, his heat map may put him there but that's taking the piss. Saka is a defender in the same way Steven Gerrard was for about 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think ability comes into it too. Neres is hardly a difference maker, I wouldn't have an issue with that. Some cunt tried to pick Messi in Midfield, his heat map may put him there but that's taking the piss. Saka is a defender in the same way Steven Gerrard was for about 2 weeks.

One of his positions in the game is WBL, so left wing back. So he's definitely acceptable as a defender, in my opinion anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bakayu Saka in the defender draft. Srsly?

Edit. Picked simultaneously in the attacker thread. 

CONTROVERSY.  What’s Bruce gonna do? Unless they’re different players...

At which point I’m gonna reiterate my disapproval of the defender pick.

I'd already run this past the boss via PM. He was happy.

He's a natural WBL in game.

53 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I was denied Messi in the midfield pick when he can play as ACM.

Fixed to fuck this.

Pay offs galore that even the League Managers Lunch Club would be proud of.

1 minute ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I was denied Messi in the midfield pick when he can play as ACM.

Fixed to fuck this.

Pay offs galore that even the League Managers Lunch Club would be proud of.

The powers that be won't let us win

48 minutes ago, No2 said:

Thats fighting talk.

You are going down.

With a guranteed 6 points a season from my team.

• Upvote 3