You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Band Tournament - THE FINAL - The Doors vs Creedence Clearwater Revival

Bjornebye

US Band Tournament - THE FINAL - The Doors vs Creedence Clearwater Revival  

55 members have voted

1. 1. US Band Tournament - THE FINAL - The Doors vs Creedence Clearwater Revival

• The Doors
    • Creedence Clearwater Revival

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/20 at 14:00

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Father?

Yes son?

I want to kill you. Mother I want to... arrrggghh!!!

Probably the most embarrassing thing ever committed to record?

There's a killer on the road

[I can't even write the next line]

Still, wayward genius is better than no genius at all. For every utterly shit line, they've got a hundred brilliant ones.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was going to name Zeppelin and Rainbow off the top of my head. You named two more and I suppose Judas Priest could also be included but its not my thing really.

I accidentally missed Iron Maiden off my list.

Although both have their merits, I wouldn't say Judas Priest or Rainbow would enter a discussion with being as good as Metallica.

9 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

He's reduced it down to a couple of lines so it fits into a song. Several pages of in depth analysis wouldn't have been nearly as snappy.

Could have tried to be slightly more subtle about it though I reckon.   

For example, when Mick Jagger fancied David Bowie's wife he wrote a song called "Angie" he didn't write a song called "David?  Yes Mick?  Sorry mate, but I really want to shag your wife."

6 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Could have tried to be slightly more subtle about it though I reckon.   

For example, when Mick Jagger fancied David Bowie's wife he wrote a song called "Angie" he didn't write a song called "David?  Yes Mick?  Sorry mate, but I really want to shag your wife."

Right. Lets just agree that you're being a dick and move on.

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I'm made up The Doors won.

I'm disappointed the E Street Band never got in, especially since Neil Young and Crazy Horse did. 

Well the E Street Band wouldn't have got anywhere either. 

Weird winner but justified out of the 2 available options. 

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Well the E Street Band wouldn't have got anywhere either. 

Weird winner but justified out of the 2 available options. 

You don't think a band with Bruce Springsteen, Nils Lofgren, Steve Van Zandt, Clarence Clemons, Gary Talent and Max Weinberg would have got anywhere? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

You don't think a band with Bruce Springsteen, Nils Lofgren, Steve Van Zandt, Clarence Clemons, Gary Talent and Max Weinberg would have got anywhere? 

Take out Bruce and they might have a chance. 

I jest. There are simply much better bands than them. Guess we'll never know how well they'd have done.