You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

15 minutes ago, A Red said:

Well, the best way to see whether the rules are adequate would be for you to test the system and apply for one.

Excellent idea. I'll tell them a fella on a message board told me they're no more dangerous than a caterpault. That should get me over the line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

Excellent idea. I'll tell them a fella on a message board told me they're no more dangerous than a caterpault. That should get me over the line.

Careful though, they might ask for evidence; you'll have to run out the back door crying about shooting the messenger. 

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Brilliant. I must be just like him then. That's how that works, right? After all, you and Rees-Mogg are peas in a pod Brexiteers, right? Anyway... maybe one day I'll see the light like you have:

I was indeed and I did indeed see the light. I now realise although its a bit shit it should be kept in public hands. 

I think ( though could be wrong) that we’re one of the strictest countries when it comes to guns and gun ownership. How many police forces don’t carry guns routinely? I’d imagine not many. FWIW I think any gun ownership should be banned and would support massive prison sentences for unlawful possession of one.

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Here a fun fact; the country with the second highest gun ownership per capita in the world is technically part of the UK. 

Falkland Islands

I didn't copy that bit into google, I just knew.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Here a fun fact; the country with the second highest gun ownership per capita in the world is technically part of the UK. 

Technically, they arent part of the UK. They're just a British protectorate. Self governing and independent but depend on the UK to protect them from the likes of the Argies.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Technically, they arent part of the UK. They're just a British protectorate. Self governing and independent but depend on the UK to protect them from the likes of the Argies.

Yeah the 'Argies' and in-case the penguins decide to mount an attack? 

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

.22s aren't harmless little pellets. I lived on a sheep farm when I was at Uni and used one to shoot rabbits, foxes and feral cats. Long rifle hollow points. Deadly at 20 - 30 yards.

.22 LR is different from the air gun pellets. They have a proper cartridge, you could do a lot of damage with those. To be fair, there’s a lot of confusion around .22 calibre. For example, 5.56x45mm is .22 calibre and that’s what you fire from AR15s, L85A2, etc. To say that’s totally different from a .22 air gun pellet or even the LR is an understatement. 

But look, anything like that is potentially incredibly dangerous. I mean, you’re not going on a killing spree with the pellets but I’m sure you could do some damage; hell, you could beat somebody to death with the rifle if you wanted. As I mentioned to Rico previously, there’s different pellets for different uses. The flat headed target Rifle ones will sting if you were shot with one, but it’s not going to go through your hoodie or through your skin. The hollow points or the dedicated hunting rifle pellets with the sharp point; you wouldn’t want to be shot with one of those close up. The .22 LR, you really don’t want to be shot with one of those. 

They need strict controls, used at rifle clubs, with licences trained staff, etc. That’s what seems to happen at Epsom. My objections have been 1) trying to make out the range and a guy with a shotgun had anything to do with one another 2) Gnasher posting pictures of Bisley, a huge national gun range that’s almost an hour away from Epsom, and trying to make out that it’s a school range and never backing down from that position because he is a dishonest little bugger 3) the pellets for target shooting are akin WMDs and should be banned because some cunt with a shotgun was a cunt. 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

^ one day posh lad might make a post that does not contain the name of me or Jeremy Corbyn.

In what way am I posh lad? One day you might make a post that doesn't contain a blatant lie or ignorant nonsense. Hell, maybe even one day I'll be able to make a post without you following me around making dishonest little jibes. I guess we can both live in hope. 

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

In what way am I posh lad? One day you might make a post that doesn't contain a blatant lie or ignorant nonsense. Hell, maybe even one day I'll be able to make a post without you following me around making dishonest little jibes. I guess we can both live in hope. 

Don't feed him NV.

• Upvote 1