You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Thank god they're finally levelling up canary wharf... 

Definitely no donors invested in local real estate there, I'm sure.

Shame they aren’t levelling it. 

I nobbed an Italian bird I used to work with who lived in Mudchute. Soulless place. She wasn’t. Absolute lunatic in all the best ways. 

This stupid fucking bint Laura Trott getting absolutely battered on Politics live ,she's either thick or is blatantly lying and is completely out of her depth .

Bear in mind she's the Chief Secretary to the treasury its just mind blowing 

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Feel sorry for Jones here. He seems a pretty competent Labour MP and he's basically having to go on Politics Live and explain why being a rizla away from Tory policy will be absolutely ace.

The mad thing is that the tax burden is the highest it's ever been and there's no trap for Labour to fall into about increasing taxes and wasting money. They definitely have no need to follow Tory policy here.

35 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

This stupid fucking bint Laura Trott getting absolutely battered on Politics live ,she's either thick or is blatantly lying and is completely out of her depth .

Bear in mind she's the Chief Secretary to the treasury its just mind blowing 

She's both, absolutely hapless, same as that Helen Whately who used to get wheeled out to defend Johnson's Covid fiascos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Feel sorry for Jones here. He seems a pretty competent Labour MP and he's basically having to go on Politics Live and explain why being a rizla away from Tory policy will be absolutely ace.

This fella? I think Fisher and Murphy have gone easy on him. 

The only thing that got  'Maxed out' is Jones economic credibility.

32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, him.

He's an intelligent fella, but clearly not allowed to say anything. They might as well have sent a packet of quavers on as the Labour representative. 

Is the tub of lard they used on HIGNFY instead of Roy Hattersley still available?

I've no doubt there's a legitimate reason for it and far be it for me to criticise the Tories unduly, but from an optics POV, seeing Canary Wharf, one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in Britain and about half a square mile in size, getting more money (£242m) from the government than Wales (£170m) is next level mental.

And funded from the 'levelling up' fund too.

9 hours ago, Fugitive said:

So the cunts are going to cut taxes and cut public spending which will also lead to a rise in your council tax thus wiping out any financial gain you may see and lead to shit services.

Surely people will see through this bullshit.

When your council tax bill goes up, they'll blame it on the local council. Sometimes, that'll still be Tory. But in a lot of cases it will be labour and liberal and as these council's go bankrupt (last night's news claimed there could be 10% go this year), then they'll point to labour or liberal financial incompetence. They don't care who, what or how they destroy people's lives. As long as they give themselves a chance to keep their noses in the trough. 

And yes, the population of this country is more than stupid enough to fall for it. It fell for them stabilising the country when hand in hand with the liberals, they started the destruction with the austerity shite. It fell for the Brexit lies. It fell for the "Johnson is one of us" lies. 20% would vote for Nigel farage for fucks sake. And another 20% would have Johnson back in a heartbeat.  The electrote is thick a shit. We are a nation of serfs. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I've no doubt there's a legitimate reason for it and far be it for me to criticise the Tories unduly, but from an optics POV, seeing Canary Wharf, one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in Britain and about half a square mile in size, getting more money (£242m) from the government than Wales (£170m) is next level mental.

And funded from the 'levelling up' fund too.

North of the Thames is north isn't it? 

I'm watching Ambulance on BBC1, and all the struggles of these magnificent people who work in the NHS, and all the poor people waiting for treatment is all on this shower of Tory bastards.

I know the NHS issues go back a lot longer than 14 years, but since 2010 these cunts have well and truly stuck the boot in.

The fuckers should be doing time.

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

When your council tax bill goes up, they'll blame it on the local council. Sometimes, that'll still be Tory. But in a lot of cases it will be labour and liberal and as these council's go bankrupt (last night's news claimed there could be 10% go this year), then they'll point to labour or liberal financial incompetence. They don't care who, what or how they destroy people's lives. As long as they give themselves a chance to keep their noses in the trough. 

And yes, the population of this country is more than stupid enough to fall for it. It fell for them stabilising the country when hand in hand with the liberals, they started the destruction with the austerity shite. It fell for the Brexit lies. It fell for the "Johnson is one of us" lies. 20% would vote for Nigel farage for fucks sake. And another 20% would have Johnson back in a heartbeat.  The electrote is thick a shit. We are a nation of serfs. 

Most news reports this week on the BBC about bankrupt councils seem to have been very keen to avoid the subject of central government funding cuts.

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Most news reports this week on the BBC about bankrupt councils seem to have been very keen to avoid the subject of central government funding cuts.

I watched some on BBC breakfast and to be fair they made a point of saying it's driven by central government cuts and it's not incompetence of the councils or which party runs them. It's an issue of funding for local councils. They do go on to focus on the challenges (reductions in pretty much all services), but honestly that's the first thing people see isn't it? Your library is shut, your bins aren't collected or whatever. What is important for labour to do in the coming months is to hammer home the point of central funding is the main part of the problem. Sadly that won't be reported in most of the press. And as you point out, perhaps only certain versions of coverage on national TV. 

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I watched some on BBC breakfast and to be fair they made a point of saying it's driven by central government cuts and it's not incompetence of the councils or which party runs them. It's an issue of funding for local councils. They do go on to focus on the challenges (reductions in pretty much all services), but honestly that's the first thing people see isn't it? Your library is shut, your bins aren't collected or whatever. What is important for labour to do in the coming months is to hammer home the point of central funding is the main part of the problem. Sadly that won't be reported in most of the press. And as you point out, perhaps only certain versions of coverage on national TV. 

Not as simple as that sadly.

One of the key factors in Birmingham going under is the work Unison have done a rebated pay parity payments.

’Your union paymasters bankrupting our cities…’ etc.

56 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not as simple as that sadly.

One of the key factors in Birmingham going under is the work Unison have done a rebated pay parity payments.

’Your union paymasters bankrupting our cities…’ etc.

I don't think that's a valid line the press can use though is it. 

42 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

‘Unions bankrupt councils’ as the headline, detail buried in paragraph five.

Dance as old as time,

What I mean is, people understand what's happened here and over half the electorate is female. I just don't see going after the unions is anything that can work for them at this point on that subject.