You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

It's time for an election surely?

Ministers are threatening to resign over the NI protocol and the ERG are trying to run the show. The party is now not even governing itself let alone the country. These need dragging out of Downing Street.

Though you'd never have guessed that by looking at the BBC news site 

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

It's time for an election surely?

Ministers are threatening to resign over the NI protocol and the ERG are trying to run the show. The party is now not even governing itself let alone the country. These need dragging out of Downing Street.

Don't get your hopes up, there is another 18 months potentially of graft, corruption and looting to be had, there's no way there passing that opportunity up.

Also they'll be praying that the oil price dips and house prices start rocketing again (which no doubt with the latter they'll try and help via policy intervention) in the intervening period. So they can try and get together a minority government or hung parliament using their combined advantages of; the press, voter suppression, decrepit demography of voting asset holders who are geographically well spread.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Of course you are.

The issue is that he’s crowd funding the legal equivalents of shots from 45 yards.   He’s been denied standing several times and in others the point he’s trying to make has been addressed in judgments.  He’s literally playing to the crowd and making a living taking pot shots.  He gets to look good to the gullible, make a lot of noise about being the voice of the people whilst not risking any of his own cash.  When he misses for the 15th time that season he says ‘but remember the one i scored against city’ 

5 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I think it's because he was PM and had a lot of influence. I'm sure the Met would let us know if it were otherwise.

And here was me thinking something iffy was going on.

Hasn't starmer said something about setting up a proper independent body up,to review this kind of thing,if they get in?

Before he became pm it was apparently a well known fact johnson was in financial trouble (probally all those maintaince payments)

He has just bought a 9 bedroom bastard house.

So he has essentially used his position of pm to make himself rich.

If this type of thing would be happening in Italy the media would be ripping them

That's potentially a hell of a lot of gullible people coming through the school system right now. If they are going to do gullible things, I would rather it was giving a few quid to fund  lawyers fighting corrupt institutions and governments than supporting and voting for corrupt governments. 

But each to their own, eh.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The issue is that he’s crowd funding the legal equivalents of shots from 45 yards.   He’s been denied standing several times and in others the point he’s trying to make has been addressed in judgments.  He’s literally playing to the crowd and making a living taking pot shots.  He gets to look good to the gullible, make a lot of noise about being the voice of the people whilst not risking any of his own cash.  When he misses for the 15th time that season he says ‘but remember the one i scored against city’ 

Unless I'm missing something many points haven't been addressed?

Why did the met initially deny there had been any parties?

Why was the abba one not even investigated?

Why did he not recoeve a fine when other people at the sane party got one?

4 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Unless I'm missing something many points haven't been addressed?

Why did the met initially deny there had been any parties?

Why was the abba one not even investigated?

Why did he not recoeve a fine when other people at the sane party got one?

Another question that probably answers the rest: Why did the Met police at Downing St, who log every person who visits and leaves, and at what times, not report any of this back to their superiors? or, if they did, why was action not taken at the time?

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

You've just perfectly described Andros Townsend. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Before he became pm it was apparently a well known fact johnson was in financial trouble (probally all those maintaince payments)

He has just bought a 9 bedroom bastard house.

So he has essentially used his position of pm to make himself rich.

If this type of thing would be happening in Italy the media would be ripping them

To be fair Berlusconi has spent his life ripping arse-holes apart. Literally. 

• Upvote 1

That Ben Wallace is a tedious cunt isn't he. Seems to have carved out a niche as some sort of 'forces first' cheerleader. Saw him wearing a camo getup the other day on an interview, these stories always seem to appear about him reading the riot act to the treasury demanding they don't 'fuck with my marines!' type shit. Fucking bank manager-looking cunt. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That Ben Wallace is a tedious cunt isn't he. Seems to have carved out a niche as some sort of 'forces first' cheerleader. Saw him wearing a camo getup the other day on an interview, these stories always seem to appear about him reading the riot act to the treasury demanding they don't 'fuck with my marines!' type shit. Fucking bank manager-looking cunt. 

Johnny Mercer without the head injury.

• Upvote 1