You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Ive no doubt its been leaked out of political conveneince but I cant see who it benefits?

It certainly doesnt shed Hancocks boss in a good light. 

I read something that awful Isabel Oakeshott ( Would... obviously) has admitted passing them on, she was copied in when doing his biography.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I read something that awful Isabel Oakeshott ( Would... obviously) has admitted passing them on, she was copied in when doing his biography.

yep thats who has leaked them

can you imagine the levels of dirt they have on Johnson?

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

yep thats who has leaked them

can you imagine the levels of dirt they have on Johnson?

It wasn't even leeked Arnie. Matt Hancock willingly gave the most gobby journalist in Britain all his private correspondence and trusted her not to divulge it. When the book she ghost wrote flopped she cashed in by selling all his secrets. She's now pretending her motive for disclosure was the good of the people. 

20230301_180319.jpg20230301_180413.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It wasn't even leeked Arnie. Matt Hancock willingly gave the most gobby journalist in Britain all his private correspondence and trusted her not to divulge it. When the book she ghost wrote flopped she cashed in by selling all his secrets. She's now pretending her motive for disclosure was the good of the people. 

20230301_180319.jpg20230301_180413.jpg

The conspiracy theory is that johnson is behind it but I can't see it.

35 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The conspiracy theory is that johnson is behind it but I can't see it.

Ah I see, sorry. Yeah I heard the same. Apparently to take attention away from Sunaks Northern Ireland deal. I wouldn't put it past him but like you I can't see it.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Okenshot is one of these 'lockdowns are anti democratic' types so there'll be something in it for her agenda probably.

Yep. Look at who it’s been leaked to (Torygraph), look at the way it’s been presented (“The Lockdown Files”). It’s all part of their editorial slant to appeal to the Venn diagram of cranks and upper middle class tossers who hated having their lives disrupted a bit for a while. You know the type, cowards who come out with “oh but I’m only concerned about the effect it had on people’s mental health - despite giving zero fucks about austerity cutting back on services supporting this and actively supporting their closure. It’s nothing to do with not being able to go shopping and out for lunch and dinner, just MENTAL HEALTH OF YOUNG PEOPLE.”

Oakeshott is a cheerleader for that so expect more of the leaks to be framed in that manner. This is just an initial exchange that has cross-cutting appeal to generate interest. Expect the rest to be more biased.

God I hate the fucking witch.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Okenshot is one of these 'lockdowns are anti democratic' types so there'll be something in it for her agenda probably.

Money. Saw her on some American news channel, I'm sure that's a couple of bob in the purse.

I can't work out who's the bigger twat - her for taking the money to write his book and then stab him in the back. Or him because he IS a cunt. 

Funnily enough it was a Tory, Stanley Baldwin, who delivered the most penetrating insight into the British press. Nearly a century on, it has never felt more appropriate:

"The newspapers attacking me are not newspapers in the ordinary sense. They are engines of propaganda for the constantly changing policies, desires, personal vices, personal likes and dislikes of the two men. What are their methods? Their methods are direct falsehoods, misrepresentation, half-truths, the alteration of the speaker's meaning by publishing a sentence apart from the context...What the proprietorship of these papers is aiming at is power, and power without responsibility – the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages."

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Money. Saw her on some American news channel, I'm sure that's a couple of bob in the purse.

I can't work out who's the bigger twat - her for taking the money to write his book and then stab him in the back. Or him because he IS a cunt. 

She was on Politics Live the other day spouting that it's Labours fault that Brexit hasn't shown any positive signs yet. She got told to shut up and had a face like a woman ignored at a dogging site. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

She was on Politics Live the other day spouting that it's Labours fault that Brexit hasn't shown any positive signs yet. She got told to shut up and had a face like a woman ignored at a dogging site. 

Who told her to shut up? That must have been absolute TV gold!

Edit: Just found it, well said Jacqui Smith!