You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The amount of times Ive heard "Just answer Yes or No!"

"well see the thing is...."

Its in the MP handbook. 

They are fucking ridiculous for never answering any simple question, every time any politician is interviewed they never give a straight answer and just waffle or just go off on a tangent. 

I watched the first few of those daily updates on sky but haven't bothered for a while because no one will answer a straight question. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Qnvjyq6.png

Unbelievable this. This was less than a million 2 days ago.

The good side of human nature in this shit storm.

The worst thing about this is that this guy shouldn't be doing this if the government actually made twats like Sir Phillip Green and Richard Branson pay tax.

Still an amazing response.

• Upvote 6

Watching Gogglebox a few days back and they were looking at the reportage of Johnson going into hospital on the first Sunday & not a single one of the principals involved ( Whether you like the show or not they do cover a fair range of the British public ) was anything other than gutted. It was scary stuff.

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Helen Whately voted against a pay rise of more than 1% for Nurses. 
You would think she would have some empathy as both her parents are Doctors.

Private Practice I presume.

Thats what whips are for. 

14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It might be fun and games for you, but I need to know about emerging threats to me and my family. 

Turn it in you soft cunt, no-one is going to beat you up for being a non-observant Jewish bloke in fucking Wallasey. They  will fucking had about you down the golf club if you get yer bins wrong, or read the mirror.

stop perpetuating this fake fear.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Holy fuck.

There is no way the England % of care home Covid deaths is correct.

There were 16 deaths at the Oak Springs in Wavertree .

In Europe, the figures have been between 25% and 40%... I think that's what I read

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

WWI was an unprecedented situation though, up to then the British army had been used to fighting small colonial battles, and it had to adapt to a completely new environment, which it did within a few years. By the last year of the war, it was cooking on gas and absolutely spanking the Germans on a regular basis.

Yet the blitzkreig which was pretty much invented by a British officer in WW1 was neglected and used as a tour de force by the Germans in Ww2.

unprecedented means little, when people fail to either learn or remember, which is very much symptomatic of our current situation.

26 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Turn it in you soft cunt, no-one is going to beat you up for being a non-observant Jewish bloke in fucking Wallasey. They  will fucking had about you down the golf club if you get yer bins wrong, or read the mirror.

stop perpetuating this fake fear.

Delusions of relevance. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

My cousin is an A&E nurse and very objective about everything. She says that almost everybody is elderly and almost everybody has comorbidities. Of course, there will be a few people who don't fit the profile, as there is with flu, but I don't think we should be causing mass panic. A guy who I work today has been convinced that men in their fifties are the most at risk, presumably from consuming some click bate. He's got himself into a right state!

A man who you work?? Is this jebediah spybee?

“In Sweden, more than 10 times as many people are dying than in our neighbouring country Finland,” the group wrote. “The approach must be changed radically and quickly. As the virus spreads, it is necessary to increase social distance.”

Remember when Sweden were handling it so well...

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

“In Sweden, more than 10 times as many people are dying than in our neighbouring country Finland,” the group wrote. “The approach must be changed radically and quickly. As the virus spreads, it is necessary to increase social distance.”

Remember when Sweden were handling it so well...

Aye, then @RedinSweden got involved.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

One of the startling things about the last few weeks is that it's shown how much our ability to manufacture things has dissipated, we've - quite literally - had to resort to buying blag shit off the Chinese. 

Unquestionably this. China has been selling blag shit for decades. But it's cheaper, so it must be better.

How's everyone doing?  Me and my young brother Captain Tom have just been wheeling round the garden.  I'm staying off air as he came up with the idea and anyway I'm in charge of keeping him supplied with the performance enhancing Uncle Joe's Mintballs.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10