You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Except it wasn't the biggest superpower in the world back then. In fact, WW1 was the catalyst for America to attain superpower status.

Not to deny America's entry into the war didn't help (a lot), but their soldiers weren't involved in major combat operations until summer 1918.

No but there was Russian Imperialist canon fodder helping too.

37 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

What's worrying (apart from everything else) is that they don't seem to know what the criteria are for fatality, it just seems to be random. Like the nurse says, there were young people with no underlying issues dying from it in front of her. Scary shit.

The facts don't tend to back this statement up though. Very few people who are young and don't have serious comorbidities are dying from the virus.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Can't stand the sight of her. She's such a smug cunt.

As I keep saying, collectively this is the most despicable, abhorrent cunts any Tory government has ever had.

They've been crafted in Johnson and Cummings' image. They're chancers, shysters and used car salesmen. The likes of Phillip Hammond and Rory Stewart seem like Cicero and Abraham Lincoln in comparison. 

That being said, I can't stand Morgan. Typifies the disingenuous modern media. Reads the latest stories dug up for him by other people and then gets someone on the show to shout at loudly under the guise of 'holding them to account', but in reality would be round their houses at the drop of a hat for a dinner party. 

Mates with Donald Trump, only a household name for being sacked by the Mirror for making the type of mistake a student journalist wouldn't make, before that made his bones writing celebrity gossip columns, paper he edited embroiled in the phone-hacking scandal.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Section_31 said:

They've been crafted in Johnson and Cummings' image. They're chancers, shysters and used car salesmen. The likes of Phillip Hammond and Rory Stewart seem like Cicero and Abraham Lincoln in comparison. 

That being said, I can't stand Morgan. Typifies the disingenuous modern media. Reads the latest stories dug up for him by other people and then gets someone on the show to shout at loudly under the guise of 'holding them to account', but in reality would be round their houses at the drop of a hat for a dinner party. 

Mates with Donald Trump, only a household name for being sacked by the Mirror for making the type of mistake a student journalist wouldn't make, before that made his bones writing celebrity gossip columns, paper he edited embroiled in the phone-hacking scandal.

He is a cunt but he has been hammering Trump lately as well. 

But yeah, the cunts cunt. For sure. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good God. According to you Gov approx 68% of the public think the Government is handling the crisis either fairly or very well. 

I saw that yesterday. Staggering. These figures have to be made up. Has anyone here been asked in this polls? I never have.

Even if you ask 100 random fuckers on the street, there is no fucking way 68 of them are going to say they think the government is doing a good job.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Good God. According to you Gov approx 68% of the public think the Government is handling the crisis either fairly or very well. 

The power of the stage managed press conferences, a compliant media and Bozza in hospital.  All the oldies feeling the war time spirit.  Brexit empowered nobheads falling at the feet of their stricken leader Boris.  Just a fucked up mess of a country.  Either that or it's a bent poll. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't mind the interrupting when they're clearly not answering the question.

The amount of times Ive heard "Just answer Yes or No!"

"well see the thing is...."

Its in the MP handbook. 

8 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The facts don't tend to back this statement up though. Very few people who are young and don't have serious comorbidities are dying from the virus.

It just seems that people who are on the front line are the ones making those statements. If this contradicts the official stats, you have to wonder why.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The amount of times Ive heard "Just answer Yes or No!"

"well see the thing is...."

Its in the MP handbook. 

He's clearly a massive, massive cunt, but his method of interviewing is infinitely preferable to the absolute sham at the daily briefings, for example. 

They're allowed to say absolutely nothing of value every day. Zero scrutiny.

Just now, General Dryness said:

It just seems that people who are on the front line are the ones making those statements. If this contradicts the official stats, you have to wonder why.

My cousin is an A&E nurse and very objective about everything. She says that almost everybody is elderly and almost everybody has comorbidities. Of course, there will be a few people who don't fit the profile, as there is with flu, but I don't think we should be causing mass panic. A guy who I work today has been convinced that men in their fifties are the most at risk, presumably from consuming some click bate. He's got himself into a right state!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes but they're constantly reviewing things.  Everything is constantly under review.  It doesn't matter if you do fuck all when everything is constantly under review.

Just now, Jairzinho said:

He's clearly a massive, massive cunt, but his method of interviewing is infinitely preferable to the absolute sham at the daily briefings, for example. 

They were told not to ask any difficult questions weren't they? So as not to scare the public. Nothing to do with exposing inadequacies and lies within this horrible government. Of course not. 

"PPE on its way, approaching the curve, domestic violence prevent given 2 million, care-homes full prepare blah blah blah.... now questions..."

"Where did you get that dress Secretary?" 

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I saw that yesterday. Staggering. These figures have to be made up. Has anyone here been asked in this polls? I never have.

Even if you ask 100 random fuckers on the street, there is no fucking way 68 of them are going to say they think the government is doing a good job.

Sadly I think it's more to do with the fact we're not arsed about what goes on beyond the end of our garden gate. 

If people's immediate health and financial situation has been addressed, what's happening in care homes and A&E doesn't really cause them much concern. 

Even the 'banging pans' for the NHS is a bit like that in my view. It's more about a feeling people are propping up or placating people who might get pissed off and down tools if we don't, rather than a genuine appreciation. Reminds me of when my mum used to tell me I made a 'lovely cup of tea' when I was a kid as a way of getting me to make a cup of tea. 

The result of the last election finished me off in terms of my hopes things will ever turn around, I'm checked out now and just try and get by as best I can, dreaming of one day somehow finding the money to get that smallholding in the Isle of wherever and shutting my front door.

Both sides of the Atlantic now are more about doubling down on your chosen runner purely because it pisses other people off, rather than thinking they're doing a good job. There's no depths Trump or the Tories could plum that would change that fact. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They were told not to ask any difficult questions weren't they? So as not to scare the public. Nothing to do with exposing inadequacies and lies within this horrible government. Of course not. 

"PPE on its way, approaching the curve, domestic violence prevent given 2 million, care-homes full prepare blah blah blah.... now questions..."

"Where did you get that dress Secretary?" 

"What spirits is our Boris in?"

u wot m8

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

My cousin is an A&E nurse and very objective about everything. She says that almost everybody is elderly and almost everybody has comorbidities. Of course, there will be a few people who don't fit the profile, as there is with flu, but I don't think we should be causing mass panic. A guy who I work today has been convinced that men in their fifties are the most at risk, presumably from consuming some click bate. He's got himself into a right state!

I don't think for a second that that nurse wanted to cause a mass panic either, nor would I describe her words as clickbait. Theres a wide gap between hysteria and apathy, and I'm suggesting that's the area we aim for.