You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree mate. Not released a full statement but details are being drip fed as I type. Certain shops are to be allowed to reopen as of next week, Schools being planned for May, but only certain age groups. Large gathering still banned until the end of August. People not ordered to wear masks but expected too. Guess they are relying on the sensible to set the trend by adhering to their advice, plus the cost will be on the public themselves. 

But Germany was not in total lockdown anyway, or was it?

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Interesting point that Nick Martin said to Hancunt that hospitals were trying to seemingly clear beds by forcing people into care homes and whether this was policy.

Does anyone actually believe these England figures? Scotland and Wales figures went up while England's didn't.

No. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But Germany was not in total lockdown anyway, or was it?

Not total, but quite close to it. Certain people were still acting the cunt and taking the piss, but in general people have been following directives. Shops who provide food and essentials/chemists were open, but had to adhere to certain rules, plus public transport was reduced to how many could travel at one given time, front end of the bus/tram was blocked off and no cash was being used anywhere, although I'd guess certain shops were flaunting certain things. 

2m ago 18:05

Why Hancock is wrong to claim he never promised to deliver 25,000 coronavirus tests per day by now

Here is an extract from the press release issued by the Department for Health and Social Care on 18 March showing that the government did commit to increasing the rate of coronavirus testing to 25,000 within four weeks. Today is exactly four weeks from the day that press release was issued, but that target has been missed.

The copy that was sent to journalists by email was headed: “Government to rapidly boost Covid-19 testing in coming weeks”. It said:

As many as 25,000 people within NHS hospitals will be tested for coronavirus every day as part of a major national effort to boost testing capacity, the government has confirmed today.

With a focus on ensuring the highest priority cases are tested first, officials are working to rapidly increase the number of tests that can be conducted by Public Health England and the NHS in laboratories, with the expected surge in capacity ready within just four weeks.

The copy of the press release on the government’s website is worded slightly differently. It says:

Officials are working to increase the number of tests that can be conducted by Public Health England and the NHS to 25,000 a day.

The increased capacity is expected to be ready within 4 weeks, with highest-priority cases being tested first.

At the press conference Matt Hancock, the health secretary, wrongly claimed that the government had not committed to reaching the 25,000 a day target by today. (See 5.45pm.)

From Guardian Live.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

Anyone else on here who tested positive or told/think they have had it due to symptoms still struggling at times? I feel fine for a few days then as in this morning I woke up feeling like shit again, sore throat, dry mouth, dizzy spells and a tight chest. Had a few hours sleep on the sofa after lunch as I couldn't keep my eyes open without a struggle and back to feeling fine again. It's not something I want to worry my doctor about, more in fear of ending up in that environment again more than anything else, plus it's not exactly any worse than what I assume a normal virus would be like (Up until I had this I've rarely suffered a cold and can't remember the last time I had a fever, probably about 30 years ago). Just checked my BMI and I'm 30.9, so slightly overweight. Could be that the immune system is more vulnerable to fighting off other viruses which fly about at this time of the year after fighting off this Covid shit. 

Was very tired for a week or so after and then fine until last Thursday when I felt like I had the flu again. Lasted 2 days and have been good since

It's a strange type of aids

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not total, but quite close to it. Certain people were still acting the cunt and taking the piss, but in general people have been following directives. Shops who provide food and essentials/chemists were open, but had to adhere to certain rules, plus public transport was reduced to how many could travel at one given time, front end of the bus/tram was blocked off and no cash was being used anywhere, although I'd guess certain shops were flaunting certain things. 

I read somewhere construction workers didn't have to stop, alond with a lot of manufacturing.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, mattyq said:

Was very tired for a week or so after and then fine until last Thursday when I felt like I had the flu again. Lasted 2 days and have been good since

It's a strange type of aids

It's certainly weird, best of luck mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, SasaS said:

I read somewhere construction workers didn't have to stop, alond with a lot of manufacturing.

Most big companies had plans in place for such an event. From experience I can tell you that the larger companies are shit hot at Health and Safety. Also my neighbour works for Miele and has been telling me of all the safety aspects/precautions in place. I can't really comment on construction, apart from those workers people can see outside on certain sites, and I've been told they are all wearing masks etc. Like everything though, I doubt everyone has been following the guidelines. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Anyone else on here who tested positive or told/think they have had it due to symptoms still struggling at times? I feel fine for a few days then as in this morning I woke up feeling like shit again, sore throat, dry mouth, dizzy spells and a tight chest. Had a few hours sleep on the sofa after lunch as I couldn't keep my eyes open without a struggle and back to feeling fine again. It's not something I want to worry my doctor about, more in fear of ending up in that environment again more than anything else, plus it's not exactly any worse than what I assume a normal virus would be like (Up until I had this I've rarely suffered a cold and can't remember the last time I had a fever, probably about 30 years ago). Just checked my BMI and I'm 30.9, so slightly overweight. Could be that the immune system is more vulnerable to fighting off other viruses which fly about at this time of the year after fighting off this Covid shit. 

I thought you tested negative?  

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I thought you tested negative?  

Whilst in hospital yes, but the doctors said they couldn't be sure due to the inconsistency of the tests and the symptoms/stats I had, second test came back positive. Enforced isolation of 14 days is finished this Friday, although we'll just carry on in that vein for the time being. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Whilst in hospital yes, but the doctors said they couldn't be sure due to the inconsistency of the tests and the symptoms/stats I had, second test came back positive. Enforced isolation of 14 days is finished this Friday, although we'll just carry on in that vein for the time being. 

Ta. 

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I really must have missed you saying the 2nd one was positive. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

On 09/03/2020 at 21:28, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve been really ill for about ten days and change my mind between thinking I’ve definitely got it and thinking I’m being silly. 

Had no cough but had a really bad fever and chills, shortness of breath and myalgia. On balance think it is very unlikely I’ve had it but I haven’t picked up the normal things I get when I’ve got a cold/flu such as a sore throat and runny nose etc... Just the symptoms above. 

It was also weird the way it happened, was watching our match last Saturday with my daughter whilst my Mrs was out and in the space of 30 seconds went from feeling fine (and sipping a beer) to shaking all over and going red hot. Was like that for about two days and barely ate anything then I’ve slowly been getting better apart from aches and pains and shortness of breath which is improving. 

Like I said unlikely I’ve got it, and my wife and daughter who I live with have no symptoms, but being saturated with 24 hour news coverage of it doesn’t help anyone who is feeling poorly. 

I don’t know if I’ve had it because if I did I wasn’t sick enough to qualify for a test so I just recovered at home. However I can remember the exact date I started feeling like shit, 29th Feb when we played Watford and I still don’t feel 100% right now. 

In addition to the above I got a cough about the 15th March which lasted about ten days, I’ve had a couple of spells of feeling light headed and really lethargic and my chest has felt a bit tight and I’ve been short of breath on and off for about a month or more.

• Upvote 1