You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Alex_K
24 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Fair point re the graph, yes.  The overall point may stand, though.  

He made a post on the FSG thread supporting the club's position.  

You are - unreservedly - a simpleton. Quote the post you are referring to in full. 

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It's on the thread.  

You have nothing? Or if you quote a full post, you'll only continue to display your mind so lacking in subtlety & nuance?

How big is the chip on your shoulder? Where did you study? What do you do? 250 hysterical, angst-ridden posts in just over a week lashing out at academics, research bodies, scientists, polticians on a subject you had no comment on & displayed no knowledge of until late March. Your sudden fixation is ill.

Let's be honest, a massive number of governments, organizations and research bodies have been shite throughout this. You could write a laundry list of inaccurate statistical models, nonsensical policies and ignorant public statements supposed experts have come out with in the past couple months. 

• Upvote 1

A week after unveiling a stunning projection for the number of people who would die from coronavirus in the US -- 100,000 to 240,000 -- White House officials have yet to fully explain how they arrived at those numbers.

Some administration officials are now saying the number could be lower than it originally warned -- but it comes as there are continued questions about how the administration got to the high number.
The final number could end up being higher or lower than the dramatic estimates released one week ago in a briefing by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, according to federal health officials and researchers who are creating models to forecast the outbreak.

Well, at least it is going to be either higher or lower.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Let's be honest, most governments, organizations and research bodies have been shite throughout this. You could write a laundry list of inaccurate statistical models, nonsensical policies and ignorant public statements supposed experts have come out with in the past couple months. 

Nobody 'official' is going to come out of this crisis too well, that's for certain.  I just hope the people aren't hoodwinked into believing the propaganda suggesting that all levels of government shouldn't face serious scrutiny once this is all over.

18 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

You have nothing? Or if you quote a full post, you'll only continue to display your mind so lacking in subtlety & nuance?

How big is the chip on your shoulder? Where did you study? What do you do? 250 hysterical, angst-ridden posts in just over a week lashing out at academics, research bodies, scientists, polticians on a subject you had no comment on & displayed no knowledge of until late March. Your sudden fixation is ill.

Um, I wasn't posting until late March. I've been following the thread since stig started it. 

I graduated from Leicester University with a 2:1 in law in 1998 if you must know.  The proper uni, not the shit one (de Montford). 

I'm posting a lot because I quit my job  two weeks before the lockdown (go me) on the basis that it was unsafe to continue.  I'm registered as self employed but stopped doing that side of things too as the daily outings were too risky.  So I'm afraid you're stuck with me until the pandemic passes or it kills me.

I'm actually not allowed to disclose where I was working or what I was doing as I had to sign an Official Secrets disclaimer, which remains in force.

Guest Alex_K
4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Um, I wasn't posting until late March. I've been following the thread since stig started it. 

I graduated from Leicester University with a 2:1 in law in 1998 if you must know.  The proper uni, not the shit one (de Montford). 

I'm posting a lot because I quit my job  two weeks before the lockdown (go me) on the basis that it was unsafe to continue.  I'm registered as self employed but stopped doing that side of things too as the daily outings were too risky.  So I'm afraid you're stuck with me until the pandemic passes or it kills me.

I'm actually not allowed to disclose where I was working or what I was doing as I had to sign an Official Secrets disclaimer, which remains in force.

See - so you do have it in you to write in a measured way. Not to throw around statements like "pro-furlough cunt" on the promise of a post you know full well does not exist. Checking out for a week now, but hopefully you retain a measured tone through your next 250 posts. Good luck with everything.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

See - so you do have it in you to write in a measured way. Not to throw around statements like "pro-furlough cunt" on the promise of a post you know full well does not exist. Checking out for a week now, but hopefully you retain a measured tone through your next 250 posts. Good luck with everything.

Cheerio.

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

This post, the furlough beef and the dubious new McBumsniffing profile have set us up nicely for the next couple of pages. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This post, the furlough beef and the dubious new McBumsniffing profile have set us up nicely for the next couple of pages. 

Lurked since 2005 mate, used to read the fanzine way back when too. Got so much time on my hands now I thought I'd have a go and pipe up a bit.

I think this forum is a better source of debate and humour than fucking Facebook and Twitter anyway.

Some very interesting characters.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Harry McBumsniffer said:

Lurked since 2005 mate, used to read the fanzine way back when too. Got so much time on my hands now I thought I'd have a go and pipe up a bit.

I think this forum is a better source of debate and humour than fucking Facebook and Twitter anyway.

Sod all that. Let’s get to the impottant point. Do you have beans on a full-English?

Just now, Anubis said:

Sod all that. Let’s get to the impottant point. Do you have beans on a full-English?

I am rapidly pro-beaner but demand a sausage breakwater. Any contamination of beans or egg with one or the other, until I determine, is a massive no no.

Don't subscribe to beans in a ramekin though.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Harry McBumsniffer said:

You’ve prepared a little backstory and everything. Sweet. 

• Upvote 1