You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Another dirty pro-beaner emerges from the squalid depths of the internet. I remember the good times when beaners were too ashamed to do anything but lurk and now they somehow feel they’ve got a right to express an opinion. Brexit, Boris and the virus have destroyed decent society

• Upvote 3

BBC :

YouTube has banned all conspiracy theory videos falsely linking coronavirus symptoms to 5G networks.

The Google-owned service will now delete videos violating the policy. It had previously limited itself to reducing the frequency it recommended them in its Up Next section.

The move follows a live-streamed interview with conspiracy theorist David Icke on Monday, in which he had linked the technology to the pandemic.

YouTube said the video would be wiped.

During the interview, Mr Icke falsely claimed there "is a link between 5G and this health crisis".

And when asked for his reaction to reports of 5G masts being set on fire in England and Northern Ireland, he responded: "If 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it is over... so people have to make a decision."

Several users subsequently called for further attacks on 5G towers in the comments that appeared alongside the feed.

Mr Icke also claimed that a coronavirus vaccine, when one is developed, would include "nanotechnology microchips" that would allow humans to be controlled. He added that Bill Gates - who is helping fund Covid-19 vaccine research - should be jailed. His views went unchallenged for much of the two-and-a-half-hour show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52198946

O1mvHWk.gif

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Another dirty pro-beaner emerges from the squalid depths of the internet. I remember the good times when beaners were too ashamed to do anything but lurk and now they somehow feel they’ve got a right to express an opinion. Brexit, Boris and the virus have destroyed decent society

Are you against all meals with baked beans or just when served on a breakfast? Bean prejudice is a growing menace and must be stopped.

Anyone been to a Toby Carvery recently? You can have macaroni cheese on a roast dinner. Now that's a contentious one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McBumsniffer said:

Are you against all meals with baked beans or just when served on a breakfast? Bean prejudice is a growing menace and must be stopped.

Anyone been to a Toby Carvery recently? You can have macaroni cheese on a roast dinner. Now that's a contentious one.

They also offer beans on a fryup. Prosecution rests.

4 minutes ago, Barry McBumsniffer said:

Pretty much all baked beans, especially anything that comes in a tin with that shit sickly chemical sauce. Although I am prepared to concede that making them yourself in a Dutch oven and doing it properly could be acceptable. Although frankly you could use the beans to make a good Serbian bean soup which would be miles better

And you get what you deserve for visiting a Toby Carvery. It’s like drinking at Wetherspoons and complaining that the beer’s shit

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Barry McBumsniffer said:

It's serious and difficult times now. All of a sudden people pops out of the closet admitting they love beans. I must say I'm disapointed as we should be talking about the real problem: Does blackpudding deserve a rightful place on a full english?

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McBumsniffer said:

Nobody 'official' is going to come out of this crisis too well, that's for certain.  I just hope the people aren't hoodwinked into believing the propaganda suggesting that all levels of government shouldn't face serious scrutiny once this is all over.

Governments of all Nations have done this all the time, Propaganda shielding reports of casualties in wars etc, not to mention besmirching others, Goebbels springs to mind, it's a big part of the machine, we will never know the true facts, maybe in 30 years time, but some facts remain hidden to this day. 

56 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

It's serious and difficult times now. All of a sudden people pops out of the closet admitting they love beans. I must say I'm disapointed as we should be talking about the real problem: Does blackpudding deserve a rightful place on a full english?

Your disdain for this glorious ingredient marks you not only as a (hawk, spit) Southerner but a Tory to boot.

It's absence should only be because of the lack of availability of a good blackpudding, which unfortunately is far too common.

The name is a giveaway - full English. Neither beans nor those potato abominations are English and should be deposited in the nearest biohazard bin.

Wuhan lockdown lifted after 73 days.

If we were to be under lockdown under the same period, that would push us until 4th June. 

Fuck me.

I sincerely hope ours is less. Not only because less people will have died but for my own sanity. 

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If we were to be under lockdown under the same period, that would push us until 4th June. 

Fuck me.

I sincerely hope ours is less. Not only because less people will have died but for my own sanity. 

Aye, it'll be the end of May, start of June & even after that I'd imagine there will still be a lot of social distancing restrictions.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Fuck me.

I know, I'm bearing up well to be honest considering I was in the pub at least every other day and I've not really missed it, it's the option of doing whatever is the bastard. 

Don't drink at home so I try to look at it, that it's done me good in a way, but then you look at the plight of the many that's been hurt by the shit, so while I, hopefully, keep my sanity and a degree of health, some haven't, some won't and all will be scarred forever. Fucking shit it is. 

4 hours ago, PestiRed said:

The silent majority.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, it'll be the end of May, start of June & even after that I'd imagine there will still be a lot of social distancing restrictions.

Don't you think that when restrictions are eased even lifted, as they will be at some point, people will still be wary of stuff for a long time after? 

When the pubs open for instance, is there going to be all kinds piling out to get bevvied? I can imagine there will be a few I suppose, plenty of knobheads too, I think I'll ease my way back in yet still wary, a bit like after you've broken a leg at some stage you've got to get rid of the walking stick but you're still a bit anxious. 

7 hours ago, TK421 said:

Um, I wasn't posting until late March. I've been following the thread since stig started it. 

I graduated from Leicester University with a 2:1 in law in 1998 if you must know.  The proper uni, not the shit one (de Montford). 

I'm posting a lot because I quit my job  two weeks before the lockdown (go me) on the basis that it was unsafe to continue.  I'm registered as self employed but stopped doing that side of things too as the daily outings were too risky.  So I'm afraid you're stuck with me until the pandemic passes or it kills me.

I'm actually not allowed to disclose where I was working or what I was doing as I had to sign an Official Secrets disclaimer, which remains in force.

He’s James fucking Bond!!!!