You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The FA Cup 2018/19 Thread.

Bjornebye

Lets hope this is still going in May eh. 

Draw for the 3rd round tonight. We are ball 22. Wouldn't mind Woking at home. Pompey away would be decent for an excuse to go and see some pals. Got a feeling we will get the Blues though. Been thinking it all day. 

I think this is our best chance of a trophy this year, I honestly cant see City slipping up more than us. 2nd, a decent champions league run and The FA Cup would be a decent season. 

Obviously I want us to win the fucking lot. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Still got that yellow Carlsberg jersey -- Redknapp - the fuckin state of that neck tie son, looks like one a third grader would clip on

hahahaha spadey bastard. Bet he was a billy two straps at school 

Just now, an tha said:

That us the 5th successive domestic cup draw v PL opposition all at the earliest possible stage.

Dont be silly. You do know we are in league with all of the football authorities.

©️Everton Conspiracy Theories Ltd.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not really much chance to give already fucked players a rest though...will need to be at best and play best team to win.

Meanwhile City get a home bye.

Why not?  They aren't that good.   And if their form doesn't pick up in the next few weeks they may rest a few playerd to focus on the league too.  They have Chelsea, us and Spurs to play in the PL in the this month.  So they're gonna have a tough few weeks.

Just now, karl1987 said:

Why not?  They aren't that good.   And if their form doesn't pick up in the next few weeks they may rest a few player to focus on the league too.

As we have seen time and time again in recent times in the cup we can't get away with playing a changed side v half decent opposition.

We'll need to be more or less full strength and play decent to navigate this tie safely IMO - which i am all for as i believe we should try and win cups, but would be nice to have a soft one for a change....it is uncanny that we have now pulled 5 pl sides on the bounce at the earliest possible stage in domestic cup draws.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

Why not?  They aren't that good.   And if their form doesn't pick up in the next few weeks they may rest a few playerd to focus on the league too.  They have Chelsea, us and Spurs to play in the PL in the this month.  So they're gonna have a tough few weeks.

They beat us at Anfield in this round a few years back when they were in the Championship. Not going to be easy.

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

There's not a chance we'll field a full team. 

Would depend on how close we are to City i would imagine.

I really want us to win a bloody trophy and it would of course be nice to have a draw like City have or like the bitters where players could be rested after a mad period and know we'd still ease through - but as usual we haven't pulled that and i can't see us getting away with a weakened team or an off colour display if we are to get through.