You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Yes. Got a bad feeling about this too.

I think it'll be a case of no evidence to substantiate the claim but one player claims it did happen, one player said it didn't. The accused party was angry and it could've slipped out in a sudden loss of self control. The complainant was the calmer of the two at the time so his account can be viewed as more reliable and his reaction was consistent with a racial slur being used.

On the balance of probabilities it's concluded that the accused said something of a serious nature to the complainant and there is no reason to disbelieve his claim of being racially abused.

10 game ban. Ruined reputation. All on no evidence.

Nailed on.

You know, how the fuck could he have possibly been mistaken? It’s totally different sounding words. He’s a bullshitter in my opinion. A nasty prick. As are all the Evertonians and Mancs assuming his guilt, just because he’s a foreigner. Fuck them all.

Only dickheads are assuming guilt or innocence

Get all the tv cameras in and  independent expert lip readers,then make a report

In the meantime everybody should just shut up and get on with life 

The ref said he didn't hear anything when asked by Holgate if he heard him say the N word. So that should be the end of it really, but we all know it won't. We all know what's coming. Liverpool have just lost Coutinho, so it's a good opportunity to kick them when they're down.

It’s impossible at this point for us to know if Firmino used any racist language. All of the video clips don’t show Firmino’s face at the point of Holgate reacting angrily. Firmino’s face was covered by Kenny’s head on the video.

We’ll have to wait for the statements from Firmino, Holgate, Kenny, Lallana and the referee.

It’s impossible at this point for us to know if Firmino used any racist language. All of the video clips don’t show Firmino’s face at the point of Holgate reacting angrily. Firmino’s face was covered by Kenny’s head on the video.

We’ll have to wait for the statements from Firmino, Holgate, Kenny, Lallana and the referee.

Yes, but surely the ref would have heard it. Madley tells Holgate he didn't.

Get all the tv cameras in and independent expert lip readers,then make a report

This is correct.

The tone of some of the posts is a bit "the FA are out to get us". They're not. I am nervous about the FA's demonstrable incompetence, though; that's more worrying than any alleged bias.

• Upvote 1

Yes, but surely the ref would have heard it. Madley tells Holgate he didn't.

It depends on what was said I suppose. If he said ”negrito” for example, it may just not have computed with Madley. The only people who could have heard what was said at the moment Holgate got angry are Firmino, Holgate, Madley, Kenny and/or Lallana.

Their testimony will be key in all of this.

Its starting to look like this is a non story, the way the press are reporting it.

Would not be surprised if their isnt a hastily conciliatory statement coming from across the park

What a joke. Non story when the papers are full of it, after fat sham, holgate and steve walsh went to the ref after the game to make a formal complaint. Ive just seen a report Firmino facing FA racism enquiry. Yep deffo non story. Are the FA out to get us no but if they have the smell of racism in their nostrels as they do this is going to have more effect on the team and Bobby than Coutinho leaving.

Guest Pistonbroke

Get all the tv cameras in and  independent expert lip readers,then make a report

Posted this exact same thing on whatever Everton forums you use? 

What a joke. Non story when the papers are full of it, after fat sham, holgate and steve walsh went to the ref after the game to make a formal complaint. Ive just seen a report Firmino facing FA racism enquiry. Yep deffo non story. Are the FA out to get us no but if they have the smell of racism in their nostrels as they do this is going to have more effect on the team and Bobby than Coutinho leaving.

If this was a story, the papers would be going for Firmino good style. As you can see they are not  in fact the Mirror has said Firmino is innocent.

Collymore on Twitter who has friends at the club and in the media has said its just abusive words. Do you not think he would be all over it if it was Racism.

If this was a story, the papers would be going for Firmino good style. As you can see they are not  in fact the Mirror has said Firmino is innocent.

Collymore on Twitter who has friends at the club and in the media has said its just abusive words. Do you not think he would be all over it if it was Racism.

Hahaha. You read collymore on twitter? Kinell. OK if you think this is a non story. I think you are wrong.

The referee was inbetween them, surely anything would be picked up on his mic, which is probably why he went to the official on the line to see if they heard anything

The procedure apparently is when such an incident is mentioned by a player the ref tells the 4th official there has been alleged racism in the game. The headsets the officials wear and there conversations are not recorded although the FA considered this after the Clattenburg incident with Obi Mikel.

I hope he's right mate.

Who doesnt. I am convinced Bobby has not said anything racist and as I have said I think this is holgate trying to deflect the refs attention to sending him off in the game. People seem to think this will blow over. It is going to have a massive effect on Bobby and the team.

I find it hard to see any evidence he said anything racist

All bar a split second is caught on camera.

The ref was there and if he had heard racist language would have sent him off

If the FA decide he did say something them its purely the FA going with one view over another

Unless Firmino says he said something we did not see in that second. There looks little to do him on with what we know. But its the FA so who knows

Who doesnt. I am convinced Bobby has not said anything racist and as I have said I think this is holgate trying to deflect the refs attention to sending him off in the game. People seem to think this will blow over. It is going to have a massive effect on Bobby and the team.

How are you convinced mate without clear evidence either way?

Guest Pistonbroke

If he hasn't said anything then I fail to get why it would have a massive affect on him or the team, surely it would gee them up even further, use it to our advantage. 

I find it hard to see any evidence he said anything racist

All bar a split second is caught on camera.

The ref was there and if he had heard racist language would have sent him off

If the FA decide he did say something them its purely the FA going with one view over another

Unless Firmino says he said something we did not see in that second. There looks little to do him on with what we know. But its the FA so who knows

Mud sticks though mate and there is the time factor involved between now the hearing and publication of the judgement. How long do you think this will take. I will say 2 to 3 weeks.We play City next Sunday, Swansea on the Wednesday Huddersfield a week later and Spurs 5 days after that. Do you think Bobby is going to bein the right frame of mind in all those games.