You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

The tone of some of the posts is a bit "the FA are out to get us". They're not. I am nervous about the FA's demonstrable incompetence, though; that's more worrying than any alleged bias.

I agree with this. 

Also I think it is either true or it's fabricated. I can't believe that he would be mistaken about such a thing. The 'N' word is so unacceptable, that one registers clearly whenever one hears it. If it was said then one of the other protagonists would certainly have heard it and the investigation will be complete quickly.

Whoever is guilty should be punished.

• Upvote 1

Hahaha. You read collymore on twitter? Kinell. OK if you think this is a non story. I think you are wrong.

No worries, Il agree to disagree.  But wether you like Collymore or not he has connections within the press and at the club. He was also at the game on friday doing media work so will have had access to information we dont.

You know, how the fuck could he have possibly been mistaken? It’s totally different sounding words. He’s a bullshitter in my opinion. A nasty prick. As are all the Evertonians and Mancs assuming his guilt, just because he’s a foreigner. Fuck them all.

If the roles were reversed there’d be plenty of people on here assuming the guilt of the opposition player. It’s as much blind tribalism as anything else.

Mud sticks though mate and there is the time factor involved between now the hearing and publication of the judgement. How long do you think this will take. I will say 2 to 3 weeks.We play City next Sunday, Swansea on the Wednesday Huddersfield a week later and Spurs 5 days after that. Do you think Bobby is going to bein the right frame of mind in all those games.

If he has'nt said anything racist , then i would be surprised if he gives a shit at all.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Agree about mud sticking

The rest who knows

It can, but surely if it comes out in the wash that nothing racist was said then mud will stick to Holgate and Everton, they're no man United. 

What a joke. Non story when the papers are full of it, after fat sham, holgate and steve walsh went to the ref after the game to make a formal complaint. Ive just seen a report Firmino facing FA racism enquiry. Yep deffo non story. Are the FA out to get us no but if they have the smell of racism in their nostrels as they do this is going to have more effect on the team and Bobby than Coutinho leaving.

Did Everton make a formal complaint? I thought it was just the case that there was an incident in the ref's match report.

How are you convinced mate without clear evidence either way?

Because if you look at the whole incident from start to finish holgates version of events does not stack up. He forcefully shoves Bobby over the hordings. Why did he do that is he claiming that was when the alleged incident started because if you look at the pictures there are no words between the players. Bobby comes back on and the ref is between them while he gives holgate a volley. If Bobby had said 'n*gger' or 'negro' 'negrito' or whatever, can anyone seriously believe the ref did not hear it, Lallana did not hear it and holgates team mates did not hear it. All that aside, I do not think Bobby is that type of person. Suarez had form for doing stupid stuff to an opponent Bobby has not. Just my take on it.

If he hasn't said anything then I fail to get why it would have a massive affect on him or the team, surely it would gee them up even further, use it to our advantage. 

Do you think a serious allegation of racism will not affect Bobby and the team while all this is on going. Did we use the Suarez incident to our advantage. Seems to me we made a right hash about it and the t shirt thing was just rubbish and backfired on us.

If the roles were reversed there’d be plenty of people on here assuming the guilt of the opposition player. It’s as much blind tribalism as anything else.

True - but personally I don't believe Firmino's (or any other players') actions reflect on me as a fan of Liverpool.

I can't be held accountable for what one spoiled millionaire says or does to another. I don't know him as a person. So I am not going to back him until I know what happened. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Also, if it does come out that nothing racist was said yet other teams fans starting singing he's a racist at games our club should be all over the F.A/UEFA/FIFA to stop that shit, because we all know it will happen at certain clubs. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Because if you look at the whole incident from start to finish holgates version of events does not stack up. He forcefully shoves Bobby over the hordings. Why did he do that is he claiming that was when the alleged incident started because if you look at the pictures there are no words between the players. Bobby comes back on and the ref is between them while he gives holgate a volley. If Bobby had said 'n*gger' or 'negro' 'negrito' or whatever, can anyone seriously believe the ref did not hear it, Lallana did not hear it and holgates team mates did not hear it. All that aside, I do not think Bobby is that type of person. Suarez had form for doing stupid stuff to an opponent Bobby has not. Just my take on it.

Do you think a serious allegation of racism will not affect Bobby and the team while all this is on going. Did we use the Suarez incident to our advantage. Seems to me we made a right hash about it and the t shirt thing was just rubbish and backfired on us.

It's what I wrote, isn't it? Therefore it is what I believe. 

It can, but surely if it comes out in the wash that nothing racist was said then mud will stick to Holgate and Everton, they're no man United. 

The mancs and Bitters will just put it down to lack of evidence

We have seen plenty of times before, if you keep repeating a lie it becomes the truth

That’s why we need to wait and see what the potential witnesses heard. Without that information it’s all just speculative bullshit isn’t it?

Which is exactly why the club have shut this down from the off. They will let the FA deal with it. The main reason Suarez was charged is because he came out and admitted using the word Negrito which the FA used against him.

You can guarantee after last time Klopp and all the players will  not be allowed to answer any questions about it whilst it is ongoing.

Which is exactly why the club have shut this down from the off. They will let the FA deal with it. The main reason Suarez was charged is because he came out and admitted using the word Negrito which the FA used against him.

You can guarantee after last time Klopp and all the players will  not be allowed to answer any questions about it whilst it is ongoing.

Yes I agree the club are handling this better than the Suarez thing. That does not take away the effect this could have on the player and team.

So you've spoken to Bobby then? 

Yeah of course I have. Dont be daft. I get this machismo I have not done anything wrong so have nothing to worry about. Then you find out maybe one of holgates teammates say he thinks he heard you say something racist. Still not bothered? I guess the 3 guys recent acquitted of rape also thought they had nothing to worry about when their trials went to court. Obviously rape is a far more serious crime but i think it is a little silly to dismiss concerns.

Guest Pistonbroke

The mancs and Bitters will just put it down to lack of evidence

We have seen plenty of times before, if you keep repeating a lie it becomes the truth

They can say what they like, just make themselves look like cunts mate. Until whatever investigations are concluded it is all down to opinions. If he is totally cleared then it can't even be compared to what happened before it with Suarez. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes I agree the club are handling this better than the Suarez thing. That does not take away the effect this could have on the player and team.

Yeah of course I have. Dont be daft. I get this machismo I have not done anything wrong so have nothing to worry about. Then you find out maybe one of holgates teammates say he thinks he heard you say something racist. Still not bothered? I guess the 3 guys recent acquitted of rape also thought they had nothing to worry about when their trials went to court. Obviously rape is a far more serious crime but i think it is a little silly to dismiss concerns.

Then stop rubbishing other people's opinions whilst posting a load of your own. 

This is their Evra moment and they’re gonna milk the fuck out of this for as long as they can, despite not giving a fuck if Holgate was racially abused or not. This is manna from Fergie for Fat Sham after the flak he’s been getting and he’ll be wanting this to drag on for a while yet. They’re the most irrelevant club going and will do anything to get sympathy from the social media arseholes / media and will be calling this as more RS bias against them if they don’t get their way.

Seen one bellend saying that Holgate is a quarter Uruguayan and will have defo understood what Firmino was saying and the balloon are lapping it up.

10 game ban for Bobby nailed on now.