You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

No but there's evidence of the accusation.

Should they, the BBC or whoever, just ignore it?

Evidence of an accusation what is that. Either there is an accusation or their is not. If there is where is the evidence. This is why several guys have had their lives ruined over rape allegations when there is no evidence. The BBC and other news outlets should not be publishing these stories without evidence and hearsay.

Ffs by who? Holgate clearly accused, on camera, Firmino of calling him a fuckin n****r. Does anyone really expect that not to be newsworthy?

If Holgate has said that then maybe the thread title should reflect it as a quick bit of research other than the guardian and the Biased Bastards Corporation reveal precisely what Bobby said.

Evidence of an accusation what is that. Either there is an accusation or their is not. If there is where is the evidence. This is why several guys have had their lives ruined over rape allegations when there is no evidence. The BBC and other news outlets should not be publishing these stories without evidence and hearsay.

The allegation, on the pitch, is there for everyone to see.

So you're saying that should be ignored basically? And is that even remotely realistic?

Pander to tits like you and blow things out of proportion, anyone talking about the fact the dirty cunt Holgate should of been sent off...

From what I've seen in the BBC they're reporting it straight, not much more than a rung up from ignoring it. But if I'm wrong and it's being blown out of proportion somewhere do let me know.

Gobshite.

So you're saying that should be ignored basically? And is that even remotely realistic?

I am saying the allegation is mischievous to deflect from the player holgate being sanctioned by the ref. If someone in this case holgate is claiming he was called a n*gger, where's the evidence? None of his teammates appeared to react to such a word and the ref is between Bobby and holgate. Wake the fuck up.

...a quick bit of research other than the guardian and the Biased Bastards Corporation reveal precisely what Bobby said.

You must have seen clips that I've not then, I hope you have, because the clips I've seen are not definitive due to Firmino's face being obscured for a moment, the moment immediately before Holgate reacts.

If Holgate has said that then maybe the thread title should reflect it as a quick bit of research other than the guardian and the Biased Bastards Corporation reveal precisely what Bobby said.

Not everything he said. Jonjoe Kenny walked in the the melee and his head blocked the camera.

It’s quite clear what Holgate thought he heard.

https://instagram.com/p/Bdldzlbjxi8/

I am saying the allegation is mischievous to deflect from the player holgate being sanctioned by the ref.

You might be right but at the moment that is complete fabrication, completely lacking in evidence and is just gut feeling. Doesn't seem like the most balanced approach to me.

I think they will do him for abusive language. They won't say its racist but they'll charge him and suspend him for 1 or 3 games. Do the same to Holgate

The FA are shithouse and will find the simplist solution. So we will loose him for the City game. Just shows why some have been shouting for a top class forward to be brought in.

• Downvote 1

Hahaha that's fabricated but Holgates version isn't?? Oh you fucking tit...

What the fuck is your problem gobshite?

Can't you fucking read gobshite?

I did not say Holgate's version is not fabricated, I actually said dockers_strike might be right.

Gobshite.

I think they will do him for abusive language. They won't say its racist but they'll charge him and suspend him for 1 or 3 games. Do the same to Holgate

The FA are shithouse and will find the simplist solution. So we will loose him for the City game. Just shows why some have been shouting for a top class forward to be brought in.

Why should Bobby get done? And if they do him for abusive language they would have to do every player on every pitch. Except they will not so again the shit sticks.

1st of all last night the bbc were desperate for Bobby to of spat, there was no evidence though they were gutted... There's no evidence against Bobby yet you seem to want him to of said it Moo.... How about you wait for what's in the refs report as he was in front of Bobby so should of heard anything...

I do not want him to have said it at all. I just think people shouldn't be so dismissive, but that's up to them I suppose.

1st of all last night the bbc were desperate for Bobby to of spat, there was no evidence though they were gutted... There's no evidence against Bobby yet you seem to want him to of said it Moo.... How about you wait for what's in the refs report as he was in front of Bobby so should of heard anything...

The refs report will read " I was between the players, Holgate claimed Firmino called him x y or z, I didn't hear him say any such thing." If doesn't read like that then the referee can't possibly explain why he took no action for the second time in 30 seconds. Not quite career ending for him but it will look very very bad to let something so serious go unpunished, especially with the way the FA were perceived to have acted with Eluko case. For the moral kingpins in FIFA that will the end of any chance he ever had to go to a world cup.

Haha, just reading the BBC link that starts this very thread and not once does it mention racism or a racist accusation, yet they're being accused of a witch hunt and blowing it out of all proportion!

I do think the thread title should be changed though as it doesn't represent the article it links to. Moderators?

I'm not even sure about that. I've been watching and rewatching a clip someone posted of Holgate supposedly saying "ass hole called me a fucking nigger" (or something like that) and I can't lipread any of those words.
  • Downvote 1

The refs report will read " I was between the players, Holgate claimed Firmino called him x y or z, I didn't hear him say any such thing." If doesn't read like that then the referee can't possibly explain why he took no action for the second time in 30 seconds. Not quite career ending for him but it will look very very bad to let something so serious go unpunished, especially with the way the FA were perceived to have acted with Eluko case.

Indeed, and unless there's evidence to the contrary Firmino should be cleared and Holgate should get a retrospective red card.

I'm not even sure about that. I've been watching and rewatching a clip someone posted of Holgate supposedly saying "ass hole called me a fucking nigger" (or something like that) and I can't lipread any of those words.

I'm surprised at that, there's a couple of different clips of Holgate saying it to different players and I think it's a clear as Firmino saying loco and puta. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Why should Bobby get done? And if they do him for abusive language they would have to do every player on every pitch. Except they will not so again the shit sticks.

Not saying he should at all

Im saying that the FA will want a way out and doing him for abusive language(which is a red card,though never enforced) gives them a out. They don't say it was racist but say they found him guilty of foul and abusive langue they appear to be doing something without doing anything.Easily worded as we cannot prove it was racist but was abusive.

Cant see him being able to get away with that as its pretty obvious be said Puta if nothing else