You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

This is their Evra moment and they’re gonna milk the fuck out of this for as long as they can, despite not giving a fuck if Holgate was racially abused or not. This is manna from Fergie for Fat Sham after the flak he’s been getting and he’ll be wanting this to drag on for a while yet. They’re the most irrelevant club going and will do anything to get sympathy from the social media arseholes / media and will be calling this as more RS bias against them if they don’t get their way.

Seen one bellend saying that Holgate is a quarter Uruguayan and will have defo understood what Firmino was saying and the balloon are lapping it up.

10 game ban for Bobby nailed on now.

They more I read GOT, the more I think that being an Everton fan should be a recognised mental illness.

• Upvote 3

Barrister I should have said.

There are shit barristers, too. 

If I was in the dock I'd rather have a high quality solicitor with higher rights of audience than some of the barristers I've encountered. 

Equally, I'd rather have a decent barrister than a bad solicitor. 

You need to scratch underneath the title before you find the substance.  

This is their Evra moment and they’re gonna milk the fuck out of this for as long as they can, despite not giving a fuck if Holgate was racially abused or not. This is manna from Fergie for Fat Sham after the flak he’s been getting and he’ll be wanting this to drag on for a while yet. They’re the most irrelevant club going and will do anything to get sympathy from the social media arseholes / media and will be calling this as more RS bias against them if they don’t get their way.

Seen one bellend saying that Holgate is a quarter Uruguayan and will have defo understood what Firmino was saying and the balloon are lapping it up.

10 game ban for Bobby nailed on now.

Don't they speak Spanish in Uruguay?

Guest Pistonbroke

I am not rubbishing other peoples opinion. Just because I said that is rubbish in response to someone who took issue at what I posted. Who made you a forum mod then. Whopper.

You are, you said 'What a load of rubbish'

I'll leave it there, you are the one acting like a whopper. 

They more I read GOT, the more I think that being an Everton fan should be a recognised mental illness.

A budding psychologist would nail a PhD by submitting that forum as a research paper for recognising the early symptoms of vascular dementia.

If Bobby has said nothing racist, then this - along with rallying together in the wake of Coutinho's defection - should galvanise the team.

I'd have thought a motivator like Klopp would be the perfect person to exploit it.

Accidental neg. Could someone please help rectify for me?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

I think the longer this goes on the better it looks for Firmino.  If there is anything to build a case on they will slap a charge on him pretty quickly.  No news is good news, in my opinion.  

I don't think anything has changed. A complaint has been lodged and both parties will have been advised to keep it stumm until the F.A call for statements etc. That won't happen until Monday. 

If someone racially abused me there's no way I'd forget all about it and carry on playing football for another 50-60 minutes with the guy stood next to me. He's either misheard and realised it soon afterwards or he knows it's bullshit. I'll be nice and say it's the former.

I don't think anything has changed. A complaint has been lodged and both parties will have been advised to keep it stumm until the F.A call for statements etc. That won't happen until Monday. 

Yeah, I agree.  What I mean is that if it goes beyond Monday, Tuesday, etc.  Then it starts to look better for Firmino.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, I agree.  What I mean is that if it goes beyond Monday, Tuesday, etc.  Then it starts to look better for Firmino.  

Without a doubt. Hopefully we see the headlines 'No charges to be brought against Firmino' on Monday though. They'll probably let Hollgate off with that push into the stands as well, if this is to be the case. Although they shouldn't. 

If someone racially abused me there's no way I'd forget all about it and carry on playing football for another 50-60 minutes with the guy stood next to me. He's either misheard and realised it soon afterwards or he knows it's bullshit. I'll be nice and say it's the former.

That's pretty much what the Mirror were reporting on the night.

I think it may be relevant that Everton (as far as I can tell) haven't lodged an official complaint. It may just be that (as everyone saw) Holgate said something to the ref, the referee quite rightly put it in his report and the FA quite rightly have to investigate it.

Beleive it or not, the FA offices close on a Friday and do not open until Monday morning so, nothing officially has happened after the game ended. It will be later in the week probably.

Without a doubt. Hopefully we see the headlines 'No charges to be brought against Firmino' on Monday though. They'll probably let Hollgate off with that push into the stands as well, if this is to be the case. 

In which case, mission accomplished.

Because I reckon that was the real motivation for all this nonsense in the first place.

• Upvote 2