You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Guest Pistonbroke

In which case, mission accomplished.

Because I reckon that was the real motivation for all this nonsense in the first place.

I agree. Plus the FA will want to appease Everton FC by not charging him, imagine the fume if they did? 

Beleive it or not, the FA offices close on a Friday and do not open until Monday morning so, nothing officially has happened after the game ended. It will be later in the week probably.

Mate, I live in Australia - a backwater as you know - and our sporting offices don't "close" on weekends.

Certainly not for something like this.

I'd say people are thinking about it in their professional capacities, as we correspond.

Beleive it or not, the FA offices close on a Friday and do not open until Monday morning so, nothing officially has happened after the game ended. It will be later in the week probably.

It must have been a friendly ghost who confirmed they were going to look into it. 

“The FA can confirm that referee Bobby Madley was made aware of an allegation during the Liverpool versus Everton game at Anfield last night and has subsequently reported this to the FA, which will now begin making enquiries into the matter,” read an FA statement.

That's pretty much what the Mirror were reporting on the night.

I think it may be relevant that Everton (as far as I can tell) haven't lodged an official complaint. It may just be that (as everyone saw) Holgate said something to the ref, the referee quite rightly put it in his report and the FA quite rightly have to investigate it.

It’s the weekend. If they were gonna do it you’d expect them to lodge it first thing Monday.

It must have been a friendly ghost who confirmed they were going to look into it. 

“The FA can confirm that referee Bobby Madley was made aware of an allegation during the Liverpool versus Everton game at Anfield last night and has subsequently reported this to the FA, which will now begin making enquiries into the matter,” read an FA statement.

Yes but the investigative offices are not open until Monday. That is just a press release.

I agree. Plus the FA will want to appease Everton FC by not charging him, imagine the fume if they did? 

Funnily enough, the crap ref was happily overlooking the push at the time.

Holgate was in the clear there and then.

Ironically, it was Firmino's justifiable ire that panicked Holgate again.

(On face value, of course, and I'm just guessing)

Guest Pistonbroke

Funnily enough, the crap ref was happily overlooking the push at the time.

Holgate was in the clear there and then.

Ironically, it was Firmino's justifiable ire that panicked Holgate again.

(On face value, of course, and I'm just guessing)

Yep, but because the referee took no action the FA can deem it as dangerous play from Holgate and take appropriate action themselves. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, Holgate's gonna get off isn't he.

Probably, but you never know. Hopefully one or more of the spectators who were endangered due to Holgate's actions have lodged a complaint with the F.A, as they will have to act then. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I thought they could only dish out bans for stuff the ref hasn’t seen? In the case of Holgate launching Bobby I mean. If he doesn’t dish out a card at the time that’s that isn’t it? Unless he says he didn’t have a clear view or whatever

Dangerous play is different. I think. 

Plus the incident has been put in the refs match report as a special case. They have to look at Holgate's push as it was that which started the incident. 

Here's a timetable of what'll happen, to stop y'all griping with each other.

To summarise. If charged, that should be done by Tuesday coming with a hearing on Thursday.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-mason-holgate--14120511

End of thread til Thursday night.