You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

On Suarez, he's seemed extremely sluggish this season, and his passing/finishing has been woeful. He's probably been carrying an injury, and hasn't looked anything like himself over the last couple of months. He gives the ball away quite a lot for a Barca player anyway, but when his nutmegs and other brilliant stuff doesn't come off, he seems pretty mortal.

I actually think we got a couple of his best seasons here, as his desire to chase lost causes and his fitness probably won't increase from here...

I'd take him back in a second for his character alone of course, but I'm not sure if those critical over Salah's and Firmino's finishing would be best pleased with Luis either if he reproduces his current Barca form.

• Upvote 1

Obligatory.

He looks very decent, we should let him sign for Tottenham and moan about missing out on him for the rest of his career. In all seriousness he does look like he has that something different from most English players and technically looks brilliant, if there is a release clause and it isn’t massive we should take a closer look at him and see how he develops. Sign him now or in January and let him go down the Alli/Gruijic route and have him stay there for the remainder of the season.

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has denied there is a release clause in the new contract signed by David Brooks, 20, who is the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Anyone know anything about this lad?

He's a young lad who's playing for Sheffield United and rumour has it he has a release clause, which is a helping attract interested from premier league clubs, one of which is us.

Fuck Suarez. Although he gave me a reason for getting out of bed every day THAT season, let’s not forget the little cunt tried every summer to get the fuck out of here. We were a disgrace for not letting him get his dream moves to Juve, Arse ( having to force him into posing in the guardian with his compo face on) & in the end Barca. Especially as he used to always go those teams on FIFA as well.

Let him rot now his knees have gone

N.B I would just like to add that I’d have had him back every summer since he left us

If I was van dijks agent, I’d be looking elsewhere to be dropping my client off. Unless we’re signing a Koulibaly type to partner him, I’d be avoiding us like the plague at the minute.

He’s being talked about again by Sky after the game as already being our saviour and with a massive money transfer and when every step you take on a pitch is gonna be scrutinised to the nth degree. With the way we’re set up to defend, I could do without that added pressure.

Klopp’s brought a lot of pressure on himself now by not strengthening correctly in each of the last 4 window. He’s gonna be looking at replacing a lot of players this summer and if he goes against all sanity again, I fear it’s gonna be more of what we’re getting served now.

Van Dijk isn't going to sort this out on his own. It'll take Oblak, Ghoulam, Van Dijk and Koulibaly to sort this defence out, with the protection of Keita in front of them and someone like Werner up front. It'd take, barre minimum £200m of investment. 

Spunking 70ml on VVD will make no fucking difference.

Matip proving he is as bick as issue as anyone. The fact Moreno looks one of the better players in the back 5 says everying. We have the most pointless midfield in the league. They all offer next to fuck all offensively or any sort of cover at the back.

Van Dijk isn't going to sort this out on his own. It'll take Oblak, Ghoulam, Van Dijk and Koulibaly to sort this defence out, with the protection of Keita in front of them and someone like Werner up front. It'd take, barre minimum £200m of investment.

let's just ask FSG to pony up the money,