You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Yeah, as you say I think he's a proper manager, in that he works with players. If they put in the work and show the will to improve he'll be patient. To be fair, Moreno is making a good fist of it this season. Robertson has done all right when he has played (surely going to come in against Maribor) and will get a chance to win a place long term. Certainly wouldn't say Klopp doesn't rate him at this point.

Funnnee compared the current points situation to Kenny and Rodgers' last seasons. I really hope we give Klopp the season like Kenny, rather than bombing him out like Rodgers. If we get to the point where things need to change (and we're getting close) the best approach would be to get a proven DoF in who can focus on finding the right players through Edwards' "scouting" to fit Klopp's (and our) needs. Fuck knows Edwards hasn't shown the ability to do it (and I'm not convinced it's the part of the job Klopp has the will to do).

I don't see klopp's position being under threat at all.

As for Moreno, he should be sent off in nearly every game he plays with that mad two footed tackle he does. He's less exposed this season, because instead of him being targeted most teams are rightly going after whoever is right back. I feel sure had clyne started the season, Moreno would have been tested and exposed far more.

I don't see klopp's position being under threat at all.

As for Moreno, he should be sent off in nearly every game he plays with that mad two footed tackle he does. He's less exposed this season, because instead of him being targeted most teams are rightly going after whoever is right back. I feel sure had clyne started the season, Moreno would have been tested and exposed far more.

Hoping Robertson is up to speed by the time Clyne is back.

Vardy a downgrade on Firmino? hahah

What now?

I'll grant you they are different types of players and therefore there might be a few things that Vardy does better than Firmino, but as an overall player, particularly in our system, I think Firmino is better and it's not close.

In fact, I'd love to see Klopp's laugh at anyone who suggested otherwise to him.

Our next two windows should consist of us buying a potentially/already onthe cusp of being world class goalie, Virgil, Naby and Werner. Also swap in Lemar for Phil if he pisses the bed again. Great teams have great strikers. Bob is really good but imagine having a forward line or Mane,Salah, Bob and Werner when trying to break a team down.

• Upvote 1

Lots of big money strikers would reduce our attacking play - but they'd cost a fair packet. Silva has been shit for Milan, which shows the danger. 

I honestly don't know the answer is. But i do know it isn't 'sign a big money striker'. 

I like Firmino but I don't see what harm it could do having another option.  The other options we currently have make sparse contributions.  

I like Firmino but I don't see what harm it could do having another option.  The other options we currently have make sparse contributions.  

Not against that - i'm arguing against the 'big money' striker will solve our problems. He may not. At the moment i'd rather we bought a 'Hernandez' type of striker than, Cavani - as I think the former will improve us more. 

Our next two windows should consist of us buying a potentially/already onthe cusp of being world class goalie, Virgil, Naby and Werner. Also swap in Lemar for Phil if he pisses the bed again. Great teams have great strikers. Bob is really good but imagine having a forward line or Mane,Salah, Bob and Werner when trying to break a team down.

This, all day long. 

If we can manage to do it, we will be challenging for the title the next few seasons. 

I'd go for Werner out of the options, so long as long as he is still hungry and humble. If he is then we should sign him up, even at the high price he would demand, as he has pace, movement and an eye for goal and looks to me like he will have a big career.

Mind you, if he already thinks he is all that, then I'd swerve, as that sort of attitude kills far too many promising careers before they really get going.

Werner, Keita, VVD, top goalie = multiple title challenges in next few years.

And if Coutinho is allowed to leave but we change him for Lemar, or someone just as good as that, then we'll be fine.  

Werner would fit our pressing style to a tee, and be excellent on the counter, but our main problem offensively is scoring against the teams that sit back, not the ones that come after us. He's also young so chances are he'll be inconsistent at times.

Belotti, although physically very strong, is also slow by Premier League standards, and is more of a traditional number 9 - in the Vieri mould. If he flops we're up shit creak without a paddle, as there's no resale value back to Serie A.

Icardi would be the best choice, in my opinion. He's got that ability to nick a goal from nothing. He'd be excellent against the teams that sit back with 10 men behind the ball. Reminds me a bit of Cavani at Napoli.