You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I want some boss new signings. I don't want to witness once again the fans being spot on about our weakness and seeing the inevitable, the wheels fall off the season because of them. We are crying for more quality in defence and a midfielder who can cover ground and fill the gaps that our defence always ends up being exposed too.

Mostly I just want boss new signings because I like boss new signings and going into the season with a hint of excitement. We're Liverpool and for too long we've been all talk.

And I'm sick of oooh it's too difficult to sign players it's notoriously difficult. Blah blah blah. Make excuses for being shit.

We couldn't get who we wanted so we won't bother will not be a good enough excuse in my eyes, unless we had the best players we could possibly hope to get in every position already then there's work to be done this window.

I'm not even arsed if that's all childish.

So there!

• Upvote 1

I want some boss new signings. I don't want to witness once again the fans being spot on about our weakness and seeing the inevitable, the wheels fall off the season because of them. We are crying for more quality in defence and a midfielder who can cover ground and fill the gaps that our defence always ends up being exposed too.

Mostly I just want boss new signings because I like boss new signings and going into the season with a hint of excitement. We're Liverpool and for too long we've been all talk.

And I'm sick of oooh it's too difficult to sign players it's notoriously difficult. Blah blah blah. Make excuses for being shit.

We couldn't get who we wanted so we won't bother will not be a good enough excuse in my eyes, unless we had the best players we could possibly hope to get in every position already then there's work to be done this window.

I'm not even arsed if that's all childish.

So there!

thats all good but whats the point in buying players that are not what klopp wants? Lets face we as fans are fickle and would then be asking why the club wasted the money on shit 3 games in everyone will be on a FSG witch hunt 

• Downvote 1

thats all good but whats the point in buying players that are not what klopp wants? Lets face we as fans are fickle and would then be asking why the club wasted the money on shit 3 games in everyone will be on a FSG witch hunt

Because there aren't just 2 good players in the world and the rest are shit. Someone needs a slap of they can only identify one CB and one DM in the whole world to pursue.

Klopp isn't a scout. I doubt he spends his evenings watching Spanish and Italian football, never mind the Moldovan 3rd division. He's admitted in the past to not knowing anything about the likes of Solanke, Grujic and Kagawa before they were presented to him.

If the scouts, armed with a £100m+ budget and Champions League football, can't find anyone on the planet to improve a squad the bookies are currently tipping for 6th in the Premier League then they need fucking shooting.

• Upvote 1

Scenes!

Since football has become big business this sort of stuff is always on the cards. Not bothered watching the Neymar saga from afar, but if it were one of our own leaving under such circumstances we'd be kicking up a fuss, such is the hypocrisy of modern football.

Man City will be watching very keenly, I would imagine. Abu Dhabi to follow suit if Qatar manage to get this sort of thing through?

This is what pisses people off, clearly there arnt just 2 players in world football that would improve our side/squad so if Klopp only feels that those 2 can improve us and there are no others then I'm sorry but he's wrong (I doubt he does think that by the way).

Every window he's been here we've been after players (Dahoud,Zielinski, Draxler etc) allegedly who we don't get over the line and then never a peep about them again, that's after the obligatory 'We'll get them in the next window' of course.

All's it does is serve to undermine our season and it's been a theme with these owners, to do the minimum required and just trundle along.

Im still reeling from all those '£200 million?' leaks. If they don't pony up some serious transfers in the next few weeks it will hardly pick up the atmosphere first home game.