You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

For next season I’d like to see a top forward coming in to replace Firmino, with Firmino moving a bit deeper to Coutinho’s position, assuming Coutinho leaves. Werner would be my choice, given the quality and age, but I wouldn’t complain about Aubameyang as he’s a top player, but I can’t see the owners sanctioning the likely fee on a player his age.

What to do in the meantime?

Continue with Firmino up top. And if Sturridge is sold in January I’d give his minutes to Solanke. I agree with the view he’s not quite ready yet, but he needs some action, and in this scenario he’s replacing an increasingly peripheral player, so it’s not like we’d be counting on him for much. He could surprise us, but if not, I don’t see a great downside as Sturridge barely plays.

• 5 weeks later...

He's done it again hasn't he - had December off.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3327189/daniel-sturridge-injuryis-not-big-deal-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp

This is funny as well, we give them a fortune and they want the useless sack of shite but don't want to pay for him!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-emerges-transfer-14090689

He's done it again hasn't he - had December off.http://www.espn.co.uk/football/liverpool/story/3327189/daniel-sturridge-injuryis-not-big-deal-liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp

This is funny as well, we give them a fortune and they want the useless sack of shite but don't want to pay for him!http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-daniel-sturridge-emerges-transfer-14090689

Bet you have to tell the in-laws, that you need internet reception on holiday, at the end of December.

Can set my clock at you having a good go at Sturridge for fucking off, for Christmas, as he loves to do.

Bet you have to tell the in-laws, that you need internet reception on holiday, at the end of December.

Can set my clock at you having a good go at Sturridge for fucking off, for Christmas, as he loves to do.

It ia quite amusing how he manages it every season...he is like the feller at work who has sickies always on a Friday or a Monday.

Imagine having a job on about £100k per week and you didn’t really have to do anything, just turn up and practice, have a bit of banter, use the gym, eat loads of boss healthy food then go home about 2pm in the afternoon to play Xbox and have a little nap.

And read the bible.

He's basically Andy Dufresne without the bumming.

And read the bible.

He's basically Andy Dufresne without the bumming.

"Danny crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness laid by Moreno's dog I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards...that's about the length of five football pitches, just shy of half a mile. At least he would have if it wasn't December, and it wasn't cold outside, and he hadn't broken a fingernail, and it wasn't five hundred yards of dogshit."

• Upvote 3

£25M to Southampton and they’ve got a deal.

If we sell Origi and Ings we will have enough to buy a decent forward, or a very healthy deposit depending on the player. It would be three out and one in.

We should be looking for a very good alternate to switch in for Firmino, either as a different type as needed or for rotation. Solanke can be the third choice. Beyond that we don’t need more strikers given the depth we have with wide options.

He should be erased from the Liverpool history books Winston Smith style.

Apart from his golden season with Suarez.  He won a few games for us when Luis was banned at the start.. Other than that he refused to step up when Barca took Suarez and has been a limp tool ever since.

Despite ridiculous transfer fees I still maintain that at best we'll get a minimal fee for Sturridge, more likely let him go on a free, and quite possibly have to pay to get him off our hands.

Why would anyone take the risk? If he can't get himself fit enough to play for Liverpool why would he suddenly be fit at another club? Anyone who will take a chance will only do so at as low cost as possible.

He's no more injury prone than Theo Walcott and he'll probably go for £30m.

Not sure about that. Over their senior careers Walcott has played a significantly higher number of games than Sturridge, but more importantly over the last 3 seasons Walcott has started 60 matches, Sturridge 33. (League stats).

He's no more injury prone than Theo Walcott and he'll probably go for £30m. 

Sturridge is 28 and played 273 games

Walcott is 28 and played 418 games

Sturridge has managed 30 plus games in all competitions twice in his career

Walcott 9 season of over 30 games.

Sturridge has managed 20 goals in his last 3 seasons combined

Walcott 32