You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

totally different ardja

hodgson never got us as a club and never had us challenging for the league

Neither has Rodgers.

Back in the days of the standing Kop had he come out with this bullshit then he'd have been obliterated. It's taken a bit longer to twig nowadays but it's finally dawned on all he is a complete bullshit merchant.

Even lads who wanted him given a chance always thought he was false as fuck.

Geordies would absolutely love him mind.

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand what he does in training all week. They must sit in meetings going through DVD's of the opposition, they must spend a lot of time together and play in practice games. The players we have are internationals who have played the game since they were about six years old. So how come they look like a gang of tits who look disorganised and have never played the game before?.

When Rodgers is waffling on all week they all must switch off and not give a fuck. I'm at a loss that they can be so collectively shit.

If he had anything about him he should have resigned after the Stoke game. That was the worst performance I've had to witness as a liverpool fan.

• Upvote 2

zonk and mr t 

I get your frustration and I understand what you are saying but the personal abuse is uncalled for.  I just think that we should give rogers praise for the title challenge.  We went from being the 6th best team to being the best team and the team every neutral thought should have won the league that season.  Yes, we bottled it but lots have teams have done that before us. 

To disregard Rogers 2nd place finish is wrong. 

Dalglish was more of an influence than Suarez and over a longer period ...... should we disregard Paisley's achievements ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it must have been them blokes from Scotland who won us all those titles years ago

the managers had nothing to do with it

They were all in a TEAM. Teams that were coached as a collective. To work in accordance with the manager's designs. Each player was only as good as the players around them. In this team under this management, there's a make it up as you go profile. Pure chance. And as a pure chance he stumbled upon (or had no choice) to play Suarez and Sturridge together. He started with 433 as he has done at the start of every season and it's been shite. Then he panics and sticks players in shitty positions and in the deep end hoping it works. And it doesn't. Cos he's clueless. Suarez forced his hand and it paid dividends. So fuck off with saying managers have nothing to do with it. They do. It's just that we've had better manager's previously. Not Gobshites like this charlatan. Not fit to sit in that dugout.

it must have been them blokes from Scotland who won us all those titles years ago

the managers had nothing to do with it

I bet it was their signings though that did it.

Rodgers signed one player who made an impact, and inherited a player who managed to make every player with him give an extra 10% as well as being the best Liverpool player since Barnes and if he stayed would have been the best Liverpool player of all time.

It's a silly analogy really.

What an arsehole of a thread. Declaring war on a football manager? Behave yourself.

No problem if you feel the manager should be moved on, but to 'declare war' or 'declare him a fraud' is just childish and pathetic, in my opinion.

You want people to read/listen to a reasoned argument for removing or retaining the manager, then provide one.

There are Chelsea fans, with club provided plastic flags, laughing at this thread right now.

• Upvote 4

..... and just to clarify I agree we need a change - I just don't like seeing a Liverpool manager being abused

.... it's not the Liverpool way

Any sympathy I had for him in that regard went as soon as he started throwing firstly his players and then secondly his coaches under the bus.

Edit. Byrnie had this covered. Only just seen mate,

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand what he does in training all week. They must sit in meetings going through DVD's of the opposition, they must spend a lot of time together and play in practice games. The players we have are internationals who have played the game since they were about six years old. So how come they look like a gang of tits who look disorganised and have never played the game before?.

When Rodgers is waffling on all week they all must switch off and not give a fuck. I'm at a loss that they can be so collectively shit.

If he had anything about him he should have resigned after the Stoke game. That was the worst performance I've had to witness as a liverpool fan.

Because he plays them all in positions they've either never played before or haven't played for years. He got rid of the best goalie in the league for his "play it out from the back" philosophy and replaced him with the worst and he forces him to utilise his weakest aspect the most.

He plays a Championship right sided centre back at left back. Lovren a right sided centre back on the left hand side. Lucas an attacking midfielder that is now a DM, Can a right back / centre back as a marauding midfielder, Milner a right winger at centre mid, Ings, a striker playing left back at times today. Firmino a number 10 out wide right the whole game. Lallana a right forward as a left winger / central mid, Flanagan a right back at left back, Balotelli a striker in a 442 up front on his own. Moreno a left back as a left winger, Markovic an attacking mid at fullback. 

It's fucking infuriating, the only ones that look decent are the ones that have played the same position their whole lives ie Skrtel, Clyne, Coutinho, Henderson and Sturridge. At the elite level you can't just throw in a player thats totally unfamiliar with the position and allow them to learn on the job, it's suicidal.

• Upvote 1

It's clear he's done.  It's not fair on paying fans (of which I'm not one), the players, the other staff and anyone who suffers this shite on a regular basis to draw it out any longer.  It won't improve, there's no signs of it, we're just soft as shit, clueless and we're embarrassing ourselves now.  Just do it for everyone's sake 

• Upvote 1

Because he plays them all in positions they've either never played before or haven't played for years. He got rid of the best goalie in the league for his "play it out from the back" philosophy and replaced him with the worst and he forces him to utilise his weakest aspect the most.

He plays a Championship right sided centre back at left back. Lovren a right sided centre back on the left hand side. Lucas an attacking midfielder that is now a DM, Can a right back / centre back as a marauding midfielder, Milner a right winger at centre mid, Ings, a striker playing left back at times today. Firmino a number 10 out wide right the whole game. Lallana a right forward as a left winger / central mid, Flanagan a right back at left back, Balotelli a striker in a 442 up front on his own. Moreno a left back as a left winger, Markovic an attacking mid at fullback. 

It's fucking infuriating, the only ones that look decent are the ones that have played the same position their whole lives ie Skrtel, Clyne, Coutinho, Henderson and Sturridge.

Agree with you in general. But wtf is that. 

• Upvote 1