You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas wants out? Good for him.

tlw content

If Rodgers had bought any kind of holding midfielder in the last 3 years with his 300 million pound wedge there'd be no need to play Lucas at all. But because of his refusal to buy one it means he's always ended up going back to Lucas when the midfield has gone to hell, but it's only ever a short term option because his legs have gone.

As it is Can is preferable as he can get more box to box, but there's still nobody who can shield the defence.

We have lots of players who can shield the defence.

If we sell him we need to bring in someone better because we only have two proven, dependable CMs in the squad. We had to turn to him last season to get some stability and at the moment Can is untested and Allen is a semi-crock. If we're not improving on him then we should try and keep him.

He's proper shit though isn't he. He is a complete and utter laughing stock for all other fans. Lucas "conceed needless foul on edge of box" leiva

I don't think he is. He is a bit misunderstood in the the UK though. It's almost like Didi Hamann when he first came to Liverpool, and no one rated him... Thinking he was too slow and always passed the ball sideways. There is more to being a good defensive midfielder than crunching tackles and 'dynamism'. Xabi Alonso said it himself in an article a couple of years ago when asked about Carrick, that he found that people were focusing on the wrong things in the UK..

I don't think he is. He is a bit misunderstood in the the UK though. It's almost like Didi Hamann when he first came to Liverpool, and no one rated him... Thinking he was too slow and always passed the ball sideways. There is more to being a good defensive midfielder than crunching tackles and 'dynamism'. Xabi Alonso said it himself in an article a couple of years ago when asked about Carrick, that he found that people were focusing on the wrong things in the UK..

Yeah lucas is too slow so commits stupid fouls
  • Downvote 1

He's been a good servant to the club but if he wants to move I wish him well. He was never the player he was in Brasil but did a different kind of job for the club. When he henched up he lost a bit of pace and got clumsier.

Hope it's because Rodgers is rating Can in midfield again. He can be the new Souness.

This is the best transfer the club will make all summer. Removing this crab as an option means Rodgers won't be tempted to play him in any game. The squad we've got isn't made any worse by this fraud leaving. I actually had a worry he was going to appear in the Stoke game and it was refreshing to see he didn't even make the bench. The club is finally moving on from the dark days of this clown being able to make our first 11 on a regular basis. We've now got 3 strong box to box midfielders each capable of impacting the game at both ends of the pitch and it's the best way of coping with the loss of our greatest ever player.

If you want to cry about him throwing his toys out of the pram because he's getting shut out please do so because it adds to my enjoyment. I hope he stays in the prem though so he can embarrass himself at another club who won't treat him as the emperors new clothes for 8 years.

• Downvote 6