You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Just been on the radio saying how tired and exhausted he was for parts of the season, but he's ready to go now for England and their two big games this week against Malta and North Macedonia.

FUCK OFF.

Is he for real?

"Probably after the World Cup was the toughest period. In January and February energy levels were quite low for me. That’s a big part of who I am and having a lot of energy on the training field.

"I felt that dipped especially in the New Year so it was a tough period. 

"I now feel really good after having a week or two of training on my own and doing my own things just to be ready for this camp. Physically and mentally I feel in good shape now."

• Upvote 1

More nonsense.

When asked if he considered retiring from international football after the World Cup, Henderson said: "No. I suppose you will know when you start maybe not playing or having an impact in the team and that is when you have the conversation and thoughts about what is best to do.

"For me, I still love and enjoy coming away and representing my country and I want to do it for as long as possible. I still feel as though I’ve got a big role on and off the pitch and I really love it.

"Physically I feel in a really good shape but it took a lot out of us this year with the World Cup. That was the same for a lot of players regardless of age."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

More nonsense.

When asked if he considered retiring from international football after the World Cup, Henderson said: "No. I suppose you will know when you start maybe not playing or having an impact in the team and that is when you have the conversation and thoughts about what is best to do.

"For me, I still love and enjoy coming away and representing my country and I want to do it for as long as possible. I still feel as though I’ve got a big role on and off the pitch and I really love it.

"Physically I feel in a really good shape but it took a lot out of us this year with the World Cup. That was the same for a lot of players regardless of age."

sadly, he will be there as long as southgate is manager, because southgate needs someone to look after the players for him while he checks out hotels. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I love Henderson but he's not good enough any more for England, he will maybe do a milner role for us for a season adequately. He's no milner he's just not built that way. If he wants to extend his club career he should retire from international football. He needs to reign it in. 

He just shouldn't be involved with that shitshow at all and he should have that choice of Liverpool or England given to him. If he wants to carry on with them then he has to accept the consequences of that decision. He can fuck off if he does though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

He just shouldn't be involved with that shitshow at all and he should have that choice of Liverpool or England given to him. If he wants to carry on with them then he has to accept the consequences of that decision. He can fuck off if he does though.

By whom?

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Our club. 'Your continued availability for selection with England will jeopardise your playing time,and possible captaincy,for Liverpool.'

It's why I'm not the manager as that is the abridged version. And I like the lad.

That is alot of folks. Who exactly would put that to him?

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Ingerlund are shite and international football is a massive step down from top club football.

Which is why I don't understand the eagerness to play for your respective countries. Alongside you not being paid for it. Although I do suspect that international call ups and appearances are rewarded through your club deals or sponsorships nowadays. 

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Which is why I don't understand the eagerness to play for your respective countries. Alongside you not being paid for it. Although I do suspect that international call ups and appearances are rewarded through your club deals or sponsorships nowadays. 

Do you think it’s all about money?

21 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Just been on the radio saying how tired and exhausted he was for parts of the season, but he's ready to go now for England and their two big games this week against Malta and North Macedonia.

FUCK OFF.

Is he for real?

"Probably after the World Cup was the toughest period. In January and February energy levels were quite low for me. That’s a big part of who I am and having a lot of energy on the training field.

"I felt that dipped especially in the New Year so it was a tough period. 

"I now feel really good after having a week or two of training on my own and doing my own things just to be ready for this camp. Physically and mentally I feel in good shape now."

Malta and North Macedonia are his level. Henderson can probably do a (reasonable if unspectacular / mostly ineffective) job against this bunch of postmen.

It's a complete anathema to me but for most professional players representing your country is hugely important, possibly still the peak in a lot of cases.

If the consequences of any ultimatum are that he would no longer be first choice for us then I guess we're hoping that will happen from next season anyway?  Just have to leave him be now.

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Do you think it’s all about money?

Nowadays,yes in a fair amount of cases. Money has polluted the game in so many ways. I'd also say that as somebody who has little time for England that there will be a fair amount of resentment among those players towards what they earn and various deals going on. 

2 hours ago, Moo said:

It's a complete anathema to me but for most professional players representing your country is hugely important, possibly still the peak in a lot of cases.

If the consequences of any ultimatum are that he would no longer be first choice for us then I guess we're hoping that will happen from next season anyway?  Just have to leave him be now.

For me I have absolutely no issue that he wants to play for England. But I'd also have no issue with klopp telling him he is now at the bottom of the selection pile as we need to manage his body, he can remain club captain, but we're selecting a new team captain as we don't expect him to do so many minutes. Then he effectively gets the choice of if he wants to keep playing for England and live that life. Keep with England and find a new club. Or fight for his future at this club. What shouldn't be happening, is we accept his continued sub-par energy and performance levels because he never gets a rest ans is too old to recover. 

• Upvote 5

• dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)