You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

On 21/06/2023 at 12:09, joe_fishfish said:

I respect him just fine. Seems like a good person, has been a solid captain at times, and put in plenty of decent performances for us over the years.

I also think he's no longer good enough to be a first team player at a side aiming for the top four, let alone one aiming to win the league.

There is nothing wrong with posting your opinions on whether a player shouod be starting/playing. Some of the criticism has been way beyond that.

I can never understand the level of shit thrown at players who have been part of a very successful period, have always been professional on and off the field, and are just guilty of getting older or losing form. I don’t think anyone would be accused of being disrespectful if the criticism was limited to just that. 

• Upvote 2

On 22/06/2023 at 11:56, Barrington Womble said:

I have absolutely no issue with him using whatever was in his powers (or his agents powers) to get the very best deal he can for himself. LFC isn't a charity, it's a company run by billionaire private equity investors. and it's absolutely the duty of his agent to get his very best for his client. and for the club as they have shown countless times, they are happy to say no thanks and fuck off. 

it's not just a bit shit, it's fucking massively shit. just lift the thing you cunt! 

Presuming the "cunt" bit was sarcasm. Hard to know at this stage

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Good core and arm definition -- the legs though, is he standing still in these?

Preparing himself for his upcoming stint of lifting several heavy metallic vase shaped objects with ribbons attached. 

Everything about the amount of money in football is so fucking skewed from real life that I was thinking yesterday that the lure of money alone wouldn’t surely be enough to tempt Hendo to play in Saudi, a place that is so clearly out of line with his personal ethics.

it was only this morning I realised that the idea of £700k per week equates to over £100m, likely tax free or very close, if he plays for 3 years. One hundred million pounds. A tenth of a billion. For a lad who is very much in the winter of his career and wasn’t ever a superstar at his very best. Fucking hell.

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)