You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Yeah wasn't it stated due to the fact we had champs league we could therefore get better!

Says a lot of our current manager/transfer committee/Ayre that we finished 2nd in the league, had the carrot of Champs league footy and still failed to attract top players like Sanchez. We should have had them queuing up to join us. Usually fucking and dithering about letting the window run down and then in desperation decide to get in Mario, despite all his flaws.

At least Kenny/Comolli brought in Suarez. I actually liked Comolli. At least he knew a good player when he saw one. Unlike most of the TC who know fuck all.

Says a lot of our current manager/transfer committee/Ayre that we finished 2nd in the league, had the carrot of Champs league footy and still failed to attract top players like Sanchez. We should have had them queuing up to join us. Usually fucking and dithering about letting the window run down and then in desperation decide to get in Mario, despite all his flaws.

At least Kenny/Comolli brought in Suarez. I actually liked Comolli. At least he knew a good player when he saw one. Unlike most of the TC who know fuck all.

I was astonished this time last year when after last season our leading targets were Lallana and Lovren (Rodgers) and Markovic and Can (committee). Then after it's determined Suarez is off we go heavy on Sanchez when Wenger's already put the graft in.

Comolli wastes a lot of money but he'd come up with a few gems and is a better scout than the frauds there now. He was the same at Spurs where Modric, Bale and Berbatov were sold for a fortune between them after getting them CL football. It was the same with Suarez which paid for the Carroll and Downing mistakes. Henderson as well is worth £20m+ in the market. He also signed Ibe, Ojo and Sinclair for the Academy, a recruitment that slowed down after he left. He was also good at telling players they weren't wanted so fuck off, whereas we lose 14 million for Borini in the summer and 5 million for Lambert in January.

He shouldn't have been in charge of negotiations but that's FSG all over. Promoting someone to a job above their limits. Look at Ian Ayre. Ultimately the Carroll deal was unforgivable but these clowns want to repeat it with Benteke.

• Upvote 2

Yeah I'd like to know why we're no longer interested in him.

Have the powers that be decided he's not good enough or not what we need? If so, then whoever it was that convinced Ian Ayre to spend three days in Ukraine trying to get them to accept £18m from us really needs sacking.

If that's not the case, then why aren't we in for him when there's no fee involved?

He was owned by a 3rd party wasn't he? Maybe his contract may make him free from his club but the management company may own his soul and we'd have to deal with them?

He was owned by a 3rd party wasn't he? Maybe his contract may make him free from his club but the management company may own his soul and we'd have to deal with them?

I read this ( http://futbolgrad.com/yevhen-konoplyanka-banker-dnipro/ ) trying to find out and I stoll haven't a clue. Wasn't some part of last years failure due to the fact that we had been talking to the wrong representatives pr something?

Its fairly rare to find someone that thought Commoli was alright, but I tend agree.

One thing he was very good at was moving on the shite. In one transfer window he methodically swept out all the white of previous regimes and signed all of kennys targets.

I'm sure I read that prior to his sacking he had agreed deals for Giroud and Ba that subsequently fell through.

Its fairly rare to find someone that thought Commoli was alright, but I tend agree.

One thing he was very good at was moving on the shite. In one transfer window he methodically swept out all the white of previous regimes and signed all of kennys targets.

I'm sure I read that prior to his sacking he had agreed deals for Giroud and Ba that subsequently fell through.

He was certainly decent at this. I thought we'd be stuck with the likes of Konchesky and Poulsen for years.

I was astonished this time last year when after last season our leading targets were Lallana and Lovren (Rodgers) and Markovic and Can (committee). Then after it's determined Suarez is off we go heavy on Sanchez when Wenger's already put the graft in.

Comolli wastes a lot of money but he'd come up with a few gems and is a better scout than the frauds there now. He was the same at Spurs where Modric, Bale and Berbatov were sold for a fortune between them after getting them CL football. It was the same with Suarez which paid for the Carroll and Downing mistakes. Henderson as well is worth £20m+ in the market. He also signed Ibe, Ojo and Sinclair for the Academy, a recruitment that slowed down after he left. He was also good at telling players they weren't wanted so fuck off, whereas we lose 14 million for Borini in the summer and 5 million for Lambert in January.

He shouldn't have been in charge of negotiations but that's FSG all over. Promoting someone to a job above their limits. Look at Ian Ayre. Ultimately the Carroll deal was unforgivable but these clowns want to repeat it with Benteke.

Completely agree with all. Also guessing here, but Comolli probably had better options then what Kenny wanted, but got overuled in terms of the English signings.

Every top club wastes money on transfers. It's all about the hit rate in terms of successes and if you claw back as much as you can from the failures in terms of outlay, then it's all good.

Our transfer business success rate under Rodgers is fucking disastrous. Everyone involved should have had their P45's the day after the Stoke match.

Fingers crossed if Klopp comes in he insists that the TC is scrapped and everyone loses their jobs and is in full control of incomings/outgoings.

He was certainly decent at this. I thought we'd be stuck with the likes of Konchesky and Poulsen for years.

Konchesky and Poulsen. Not to mention Jovanovic.

Makes me feel positively delighted with our lot just now

I think Benteke for 32m or more would have the potential to trump the Carroll deal in terms of overall cringeworthy crapness.

After seeing him so simply snuffed out in the cup final I'm dreading logging in and finding we're "in talks"

If that money is truly available surely our scouting department have a pretty lengthy shopping list? Not hearing many others linked.

- also, I hope Rafa's last bit of business at Napoli was to sell Higuain to Utd as rumoured. Another transfer that I could not see working out

Watching Napoli-Lazio on FoxBrasil and the commentators said that the Napoli newspapers were reporting that Higuain doesn't want to stay in Napoli and that he wants to play in England instead, but nothing decided yet.

Fuck me, I actually had to google search for Jovanovic as I didn't remember who he was. Now I really wish I hadn't had done that.

He really was the cream on the crap cake.

I'm sure someone once posted some footage of him doing an air kick, or might have been air header in one of his rare outings

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mancs on the verge of getting Schneiderlin according to canal plus. That would really sort their shit out.

I almost negged you for being the messenger of bad news. Fucking ridiculous not getting him two seasons ago.

It just beggars belief that after raiding Southampton for shite that is Lovren, the non entity that is Lambert and the bang average and not really needed Lallana that we haven't even tried to get Schneiderlin - a player who would really improve us.

If he goes the mancs he will improve them a lot.

today we ve triggered viettos minimum release of 14m and we ve begun negotiations for lacazette.

last one is from metro (I don't go on metro it just temds to be top google hit for liverpool transfer news)

Did we? source?

I had to google him tbf. Fits the "profile", 21 yr old, only one season in La Liga, 12 goals. Here's 18m euros Villareal, enjoy, love The LFC transfer committee.