You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

this is laughable that people getting so irate on this post. there are planes getting shot out of the sky or just plane disappearing. people getting shot, suicide bombers blowing up anyone in the general vicinity. cruise and ferry ships sinking, and we have such outrageous moral indignation over some "scamming bastard" (apologies Withnail, I dont think you are) ripping some poor downtrodden 2nd hand clothes buying innocent party out of "tree-fiddy" (no apologies for that - i do think its funny) so sorry Strontium but wind your neck in

this is laughable that people getting so irate on this post. there are planes getting shot out of the sky or just plane disappearing. people getting shot, suicide bombers blowing up anyone in the general vicinity. cruise and ferry ships sinking, and we have such outrageous moral indignation over some "scamming bastard" (apologies Withnail, I dont think you are) ripping some poor downtrodden 2nd hand clothes buying innocent party out of "tree-fiddy" (no apologies for that - i do think its funny) so sorry Strontium but wind your neck in

While you were typing that post, somewhere a kitten died. Couldn't you have done something about it? Heartless wretch.

• 6 months later...

Well I wouldn't offer a refund. He knew the price when he bought them, so fuck him. If he doesn't want to put up with it and wants to go and buy his second hand jeans somewhere else, then that is fine by me.

as if I could even be arsed going to the hassle of refunding someone two fucking quid! Especially not when he is getting on his high horse and issuing girly threats.

Being a decent person and refunding the "two fucking quid" would be a quicker process than arguing about it on here.

Both the OP and the buyer have acted a bit cuntishlt. You can see both arguments, but I would like to think I wouldnt get a bee in my bonnet if I found myself on either side. I wouldn't ask someone for £3.50 back, for anything, ever, but also would give someone £3.50 to avoid the nonsense which has ensued.

Pathetic and patheticer. Which way round is up to you.

I think there was another aspect to this that we failed to take into account. By paying two lots of postage, and only receiving one parcel, the buyer was denied a second little thrilling moment we all get when tearing open a parcel to see what is inside. That small adreniline-llike rush of expectation. 

You bastard, Withnail.