You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

Somebody being fair would offer combined postage in the first place.

I don't think you can just say that if he doesn't offer it, he's being a bad guy.

Not everyone does it, and it's not a big deal at all. If it was then the buyer really should have got in touch before buying. Then he would have known from the start that withnail is a scamming cunt, and stayed away right?

I don't think you can just say that if he doesn't offer it, he's being a bad guy.

Not everyone does it, and it's not a big deal at all. If it was then the buyer really should have got in touch before buying. Then he would have known from the start that withnail is a scamming cunt, and stayed away right?

You left out the bit where I said, "have it in mind", it's a very important part. If you intend to be fair, you don't have to mention it, you just do it (I may have infringed on copyright there ;-))

What does quantity have to do with it. How much do you have to con someone out of before it becomes morally questionable?

Fuck you and all the other negging slags.

So you think its morally questionable to not refund a fee that was agreed upon and requested by means of threat but perfectly ok to tell people to Kill themselves if they don't agree with your moral stance? Christ what a fuckwit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you think its morally questionable to not refund a fee that was agreed upon and requested by means of threat but perfectly ok to tell people to Kill themselves if they don't agree with your moral stance? Christ what a fuckwit.

Yes, it's morally questionable to steal money from people.

No, it's not morally questionable to write words on a computer.

Spy Bee negged me for being in the right, the little conspiracy theorist prick.

You are the only fuckwit here. Side with the thieves, I will side with justice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think there is a reasonable chance Ebay will side with the Buyer in this case, they are very protective of the seller and usually side with them.

I think both parties are in the wrong, there should always be a combine items option if selling multiple products and it's not like the buyer has the option to amend P&P when buying, he has to hope the seller is using fair practice if he wants to buy there and then. I suspect Ebay may require proof that the cost of the item was over a certain threshold to sell.

The Buyer has also been unfairly abusive, not sure how Ebay would deal with that. I sympathise with the seller in that instance, because even if I was in the wrong I wouldn't want to back down.

Were they second hand jeans? What sort of scruffy cunt buys second hand jeans off eBay?

Me. I've bought quite a lot of mint condition Diesel jeans that are £80+ new and I usually get them for £15-25. I find it far more convenient to buy online and get my unusual size (I have very short legs) as well as a lot cheaper. The jeans don't look scruffy when they arrive, they look new. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yes, it's morally questionable to steal money from people.

No, it's not morally questionable to write words on a computer.

Spy Bee negged me for being in the right, the little conspiracy theorist prick.

You are the only fuckwit here. Side with the thieves, I will side with justice.

Can you explain to me how it's stealing? Theft is a crime, so I suggest you report it to the police.

Sending something twice the weight and twice the size costs more. He agreed to the terms of the sale. The legally binding sale. That's not theft, no matter much you type it. At worst the OP gave a stingy service.

No, starting a thread on a forum to criticise a guy for asking him to do the right thing does.

Except the guy wasn't asking, he was threatening. Jumping to conclusions about withnail trying to 'scam' him, he went in hard and as a result, has been told to fuck off by someone well within their rights to do so. 

Go on then. There's nothing stopping you.

Withnail, give RJ the address.

Unfortunately I can't take back the wasted minutes so seems like a double hit if I did.

Undoubtedly I could have done something more worthwhile, like scratch my balls. No doubt they could have too.

If I were in their position (either of them) I wouldn't have bothered arguing, knowing that the time it would take it wouldn't be worth it for three quid. The tarts