You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ebay wankers.

withnail71

This is unreal. The terms of the contract were outlined before the transaction took place. Anybody who has ever used ebay knows that there is the option to offer a postage price reduction for multiple purchases - and this was not stated. Therefore if you buy more that one unit, guess what? You don't get any discount Fucko! There is not a fucking chance on earth that ebay would side with the buyer. In legal terms he is simply wrong.

You know what, send him his £1 refund, then invoice him for £5 for your time.

I love Stronts in this thread. He tells me to kill myself then accuses somebody of being a thief and morally abhorrent for not offering a discount that he never promised to.  

• Upvote 1

Tree fiddy?

i_fbe578_595514.jpg

At about page 3 I began wondering why I was continuing to read this thread. I knew there was a reason, but just couldn't remember what it was. Then I saw your post and realised it was because I was going to make the 'tree fiddy' joke but wanted to check nobody had done it first. Ah well, at least I can stop reading this shit now.

• Upvote 1

This is unreal. The terms of the contract were outlined before the transaction took place. Anybody who has ever used ebay knows that there is the option to offer a postage price reduction for multiple purchases - and this was not stated. Therefore if you buy more that one unit, guess what? You don't get any discount Fucko! There is not a fucking chance on earth that ebay would side with the buyer. In legal terms he is simply wrong.

I love Stronts in this thread. He tells me to kill myself then accuses somebody of being a thief and morally abhorrent for not offering a discount that he never promised to.  

The problem is you sound like a twat if you start talking "in legal terms".  It's not worth risking the negative feedback.  The buyer is stupid for leaving it late and kicking up a fuss about it now, but it's always best to be amicable about it.  Reputation is everything if you sell regularly on eBay.  

• Upvote 1

The problem is you sound like a twat if you start talking "in legal terms".  It's not worth risking the negative feedback.  The buyer is stupid for leaving it late and kicking up a fuss about it now, but it's always best to be amicable about it.  Reputation is everything if you sell regularly on eBay.  

But if he wanted this to happen on good will, he shouldn't have given the attitude.

TK knows. It isn't a fucking competition between seller and buyer. "Fuck him" is, for several reasons, an utterly pathetic and self defeating attitude. You have to at least pretend to be nice, even in the face of someone being a complete bellend. As a seller I usually instigate the conversation in these utterly fascinating postage debates. Fuck sending anything if there is even a tiny chance of some change in the transaction being possible.

Yes, it's morally questionable to steal money from people.

No, it's not morally questionable to write words on a computer.

Spy Bee negged me for being in the right, the little conspiracy theorist prick.

You are the only fuckwit here. Side with the thieves, I will side with justice.

Repped for making me laugh, I agree with you in the main though SD.  Jairz, Tk and Remmie talking sense too.  Not a criticism of you Withnail but it's not worth having your reputation lessened for the sake of a few quid

You got to love a straw man, you've got a field full of them. First of all, arguing with us about whats legal, when we are talking MORAL, they're linked in some ways but there are laws for lots of things that you may think are immoral, so they're not identical. WE KNOW HE WASN'T OFFERING DISCOUNT ON MULTIPLE PURCHASES. We got it. I don't know how many different ways I, or SD, or anybody, can make that any more clear. WE have reading comprehension skills, ok? What we are arguing, is that he SHOULD DISCOUNT DELIVERY ON MULTIPLE ITEMS WHEN THE SITUATION ARISES. OK? DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND NOW?

I already made the point that you and your dimwitted acolytes fail to understand. Do you think it's reasonable to charge somebody £35 to post 10 pairs of jeans in the same package? If it isn't, then you are admitting you understand the principle of charging a delivery price that represents the cost to post that item. Go and debate something where there's a chance you'd be right. This isn't it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think I have been quite clear, but maybe you would understand better if I wrote it in capitals?

IF AN INDIVIDUAL HAS STATED THAT THEY WILL CHARGE £3.50 DELIVERY PER UNIT, THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL OR IMMORAL IN KEEPING TO THE TERMS THAT HAVE BEEN SET OUT.

IF THAT INDIVIDUAL WISHED TO OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES THEN THEY WOULD HAVE STATED IT IN THE LISTING.

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND NOW?

You are talking shit, as usual. Everything you have written is wrong, as befits someone who is clinically insane.

I think I have been quite clear, but maybe you would understand better if I wrote it in capitals?

IF AN INDIVIDUAL HAS STATED THAT THEY WILL CHARGE £3.50 DELIVERY PER UNIT, THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL OR IMMORAL IN KEEPING TO THE TERMS THAT HAVE BEEN SET OUT.

IF THAT INDIVIDUAL WISHED TO OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR MULTIPLE PURCHASES THEN THEY WOULD HAVE STATED IT IN THE LISTING.

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND NOW?

He very clearly understands you, which is why he's been able to blow your argument out of the water.

Notice how withnail hasn't actually let us know how much the combined package cost to send.

EBay bars sellers who get just two people giving them 1 or 2 stars for postage costs.

Withnail's time on eBay is therefore limited if he keeps pulling stunts like this, so maybe you can rage about how eBay is a front cover for CIA aliens or something.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can you explain to me how it's stealing? Theft is a crime, so I suggest you report it to the police.

I'll take that as a no?

You also get free postage on Amazon if you spend a certain, very small amount.

When I last sold on eBay, I only charged postage on the first item, and gave free postage on additional purchases, because it was the same cost to me whether I sold 1 or 5, and I'm not a scalping bastard.

If I ever overcharged on postage, usually because the weight was near a threshold and it fell on the lower side, I always refunded the difference, because I'm not a scalping bastard.

This is how I maintained a seller rating of just below 5 stars for postage charges. eBay typically suspends sellers who fall below 4 stars, which emphasises the importance of maintaining an excellent rating, and helps to protect the public from scalping bastards.

The snappy title of a bestseller coming to all good bookshops near you soon, surely.

• Upvote 3

Technically speaking ebay should side with the seller, as no seller (especially a private seller, like I assume the OP is) is obligated to combine purchase (unless stated in the listing), although a lot of sellers do.

Your buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on. But they will probably end up negging you and giving you the associated defects. Which wont be removable because it is just a buyers opinion. Block the cunt as well so that he cant wreck your account further

Now when you want to talk about cuntish behaviour, a seller on the powerseller forum posted a lovely story (this is the abridged version) of a buyer who had decided to claim Item Not Received for a set of three prints, the seller got suspicious, looked on their facebook and the twat was redecorating and had posted pictures of his new living room with the very prints he had reported as missing, seller got through to buyers other half who apologised profusely and they closed the case. The seller was still left with a defect on his account as the mere action of opening a case (whether the buyer means to or not) damages the sellers account and all the communication was done over the phone, so no evidence.

So lessons for being a cuntish buyer on ebay, look for items that are being sold without tracking, wait for a few days until after the delivery date, send an EMAIL to the seller not an ebay message(business sellers obliged to have an email address posted) and say that you haven't received the item and would like a refund or threaten to open a case.  (It's amazing how I have had zero item not received claims since starting to send my items tracked, all those previous buyers must of been soooooooo unlucky and over the past year I've been sooooooooo lucky not to have sold any of my items to those really unlucky buyers.)

Will work a lot better in the near future for items that are sent through the letter box, due to ebay bringing in managed returns. Yeah thanks ebay ill send this item out for 73p but the return will be sent back via parcel 2 go at 3.99. There answer to concerns over small and cheap items; we will include details on the listing that if there is a problem the customer doesn't have to return the item............ NOT OPEN TO ABUSE AT ALL 

And with managed returns the only way a customer pays for the return is if they admit that they made the mistake in purchasing. Thanks to my experience on ebay i'm pretty confident hardly any buyer will. Why admit to a mistake that will cost them money? 

This is brilliant. £3.50 has caused murder between people on an internet site who didn't even have anything to do with the sale with one wishing the other one dies. In tears here

As for withnail, send him a box of shit

• Upvote 6