You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I watched the first 4 seasons of Homeland and completely forgot about it. It seems there are now 7 seasons made so I think I'd better catch up on that. It was great TV the first 4 seasons, hopefully the quality has been maintained rather than some shows that drop the further in you go.

I watched the first 4 seasons of Homeland and completely forgot about it. It seems there are now 7 seasons made so I think I'd better catch up on that. It was great TV the first 4 seasons, hopefully the quality has been maintained rather than some shows that drop the further in you go.

Not seen the last 2 or 3 series myself, but I enjoyed the first few.

Got a bit silly in parts though, she's bi-polar or something and in the first series while she's hunting down this big terrorist she forgets to take her meds and goes off on a mad one acting manically and chatting a load of nonsense and gets herself sectioned.

Turns out during this manic episode she had sussed out the terrorists plan but everyone thinks she's chatting shit, bit of back and forth until they eventually realise she was on to something blah blah etc

Fast forward a few series and she's hunting down a different terrorist, but hits a dead end and doesn't know where to turn next, so she has the bright idea of stopping taking her meds so she can figure it out, treating it like some kind of super power.

She decides to get her bf to do some trip sitting to keep an eye on her, they go to some isolated cottage in the woods and she explains she's probably gonna go off the rails a bit but he needs to stick with her regardless of what happens to keep her out of trouble. he agrees and after she stops the meds she goes all manic again swinging a gun around and calling him a cunt or something, so instead of staying with her like he promised he would, he fucks off and leaves the poor mentally unwell bird in the woods on her own in the middle of the night while there's terrorists all over the place wanting to kill her.

Kind of lost interest around this point.

I think that’s the last series I watched as well. It did go to shit. I watched the first couple of episodes of the series where Quinn was some kind of mental weirdo and decided I’d had enough.

Watch Billions instead, Shooter. That’s got Damien Lewis in. I’m racing through it at the moment and it’s great.

I think that’s the last series I watched as well. It did go to shit. I watched the first couple of episodes of the series where Quinn was some kind of mental weirdo and decided I’d had enough.

Watch Billions instead, Shooter. That’s got Damien Lewis in. I’m racing through it at the moment and it’s great.

Billions is a top show. Really brilliant.

Gave up on Homeland because it just kept repeating itself over and over again. It became a classier 24 after Brody's storyline ended but it was still a ropey TV show with better actors than it deserved.

Given up on Get Shorty recently, couldn't buy Chris O'Dowd as a tough gangster, bad casting that was, especially since they'd got Ray Ramano's casting pretty much perfect.

Billions isn't a great show, for me, but it is a fun show. It's totally unrealistic but it burns through plot at a million miles an hour which is refreshing when so many other shows *cough* Handmaid's Tale *cough* do illogical things to the plot to maintain the status quo.

Billions isn't a great show, for me, but it is a fun show. It's totally unrealistic but it burns through plot at a million miles an hour which is refreshing when so many other shows *cough* Handmaid's Tale *cough* do illogical things to the plot to maintain the status quo.

Tend to agree on Billions, good but not great, I think I said somewhere already that the way they are asked to write the dialogue makes it occasionally tedious, with all characters being film buffs, always sharing same references. There is actually a couple of in-jokes about that in the series. As if they are somehow trapped now in that way of writing. It lends itself to parody very easily that show.

• Upvote 1

Tend to agree on Billions, good but not great, I think I said somewhere already that the way they are asked to write the dialogue makes it occasionally tedious, with all characters being film buffs, always sharing same references. There is actually a couple of in-jokes about that in the series. As if they are somehow trapped now in that way of writing. It lends itself to parody very easily that show.

Yeah agree on the writing. It's unrealistic and you're right, the characters always have the perfect response with the perfect reference. It reminds me of the absolutely nauseating The Newsroom in that respect but it's not obnoxious like that show was.

I hated newsroom it was like an adult Dawson's creek where everybody spoke in beautiful poetic verses every bastard sentence was an "I have a dream" moment. Listen to how I articulate my purest convictions. Fuck you.

Yup. I lasted two episodes and I couldn't take any more. By far it's most obnoxious trait was using real news stories but covering them with the great benefit of hindsight so you ended up getting lectured on the subject.

I know what you mean. It is unrealistic but stick it next to Homeland and it starts to look like real life!

Great’s just an adjective I tend to use. I wasn’t meaning to put it in a bracket with the best shows of all time. It’s definitely one of the better shows I’ve watched recently though. I’m only just over halfway through the second series.

I know what you mean. It is unrealistic but stick it next to Homeland and it starts to look like real life!

Great’s just an adjective I tend to use. I wasn’t meaning to put it in a bracket with the best shows of all time. It’s definitely one of the better shows I’ve watched recently though. I’m only just over halfway through the second series.

Because it's actually fun. Too many shows are either slow or miserable and mistake it for being clever and serious.

• Upvote 1

Billions is excellent as a turn down your brain and just be entertained kind of show. Power is similar to this but with poorer actors and a tendency to take itself too seriously. Both are very watchable for entertainment purposes with little relevance to real life. A bit like soap operas for some women.

Newsroom’s episode one was brilliant. It should have ended there. Sorkin, in a screenwriting class he took, said he didn’t get it right with Newsroom. He definitely didn’t. But there were some very good parts. Not a patch on WW though.

Hardly surprising if he is still taking screenwriting classes.

I’ve been rewatching Hannibal. It’s an absolute fucking masterpiece, in my opinion. End of Season 2, start of Season 3 is up there with anything. It’s incredibly elegant.

Yeah it's fantastic. Shame it was cancelled.

I’ve been rewatching Hannibal. It’s an absolute fucking masterpiece, in my opinion. End of Season 2, start of Season 3 is up there with anything. It’s incredibly elegant.

That's a great show but it got cancelled before the story could fully develop and I've watched too many shows that ended this way. Great while it lasted though.

I think I might switch to Billions then, Homeland I haven't watched in a long while and it will always be there for if I pick it up again.