You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

So you think there's a conspiracy or the aircraft has been hidden? Has this wreckage been planted do you think?

Well it hasn't yet been confirmed that this is MH370 has it?

But to answer your question I was open minded to all possibilities. The plane was hijacked by someone who knew exactly what they were doing. It makes little sense to me that they would go to all the trouble they did top evade disable transponders, evade radar and fly for so long if it was just a suicide. If it was more than a suicide what was the motive? Maybe they wanted to crash it into Diego Garcia and it was shot down? That seems like a possibility again now?

The whole thing seemed to be very fishy (excuse the pun) and so I don't think it was laughable that people were suspicious about what went on. Do you really believe that nobody knew where the plane was? We have satellites that can read your wrist watch from space - how the fuck do you lose a jumbo jet?

Well it hasn't yet been confirmed that this is MH370 has it?

But to answer your question I was open minded to all possibilities. The plane was hijacked by someone who knew exactly what they were doing. It makes little sense to me that they would go to all the trouble they did top evade disable transponders, evade radar and fly for so long if it was just a suicide. If it was more than a suicide what was the motive? Maybe they wanted to crash it into Diego Garcia and it was shot down? That seems like a possibility again now?

The whole thing seemed to be very fishy (excuse the pun) and so I don't think it was laughable that people were suspicious about what went on. Do you really believe that nobody knew where the plane was? We have satellites that can read your wrist watch from space - how the fuck do you lose a jumbo jet?

The old wrist watch thing..... Yes, we have satellites that can read a watch from space, but only when the watch is in clear view and hasn't been crashed into the sea and is sitting a few 1000 metres under it. We also have thousands of miles of unmonitored airspace which an aircraft can fly around in for hours with only a radio check every 45 mins. Someone in the depths of depression and not thinking at all straight will do things no one hear can even consider. The German Wings pilot didn't put the aircraft into a nosedive. He set it in a decent on autopilot and sat there silently as it slowly descended into the mountains.

It has to have been pilot suicide. The idea it was landed somewhere for some weird year long hijacking is a bit of a reach. It is under the sea and so extremely hard to find. It is also more than likely in pieces no bigger than that small bit of flap we saw in the news and so unrecognisable from the aircraft it once was. It's for the same reason we are still only now finding old wrecks from World Wars I and II as these things don't just show up on some super satellite. They have to be found. And when it's not an American or European aircraft, the might of those countries/continents dont spend the same amount of money or time searching as they would have if it was a BA or US Airways aircraft. At this stage there was a few boats just sailing around visually checking. The perfect example of looking for a needle in a haystack.

There's no conspiracy. The sea is big. The pilot flew out for a bit, maybe even slowly descending, and then smashed it into the sea leaving it in a million pieces.

• Upvote 1

I've got CCTV outside our work and if I want I can look back over the last month and see if a certain car drove past in that time. Do you really think they wouldn't have the facility to trace a plane from a certain point in the sky retrospectively? 

As for your point about World War I & II, you do know they happened a long time ago right? And you do realise there have been huge developments in technology since then right?

If it was in a million pieces they would have been able to find it. 

Look if you want to believe the world is flat and no governments ever conspire and do bad shit then fine, but laughing at people for having an open mind is a bit dumb!

Is it just me or do the barnacles on that plane wing freak anybody else out? I've been having nightmares about them & am 99% sure they're tories.

Shellfish-growing-on-the-wing-of-the-deb

They've got to be some weird foreign barnacles them. The good old british barnacles I was brought up scraping off the keel of me boat look like this.

hECVIjG.jpg

None of your bloody foreign rubbish. Probably kiddie fiddlers, every last one of them.

• Upvote 1

I've got CCTV outside our work and if I want I can look back over the last month and see if a certain car drove past in that time. Do you really think they wouldn't have the facility to trace a plane from a certain point in the sky retrospectively?

!

That's exactly the case, they don't have the facility to trace a plane from a certain point. It's called Uncontrolled Airspace. It's when a pilot uses IFR to get around when there is no separation or VFR available became no country monitors or controls that airspace because no one wants to have to pay for it. The CCTV idea you refer to would be the aircraft passing in front of your CCTV camera and then heading out into 1000s and 1000s of miles of open farmland that has no CCTV. You know where it entered the massive area but after that you're looking for a toy car in an area the size of Britain that's completely covered in water.

And yes, sometimes Governments do nasty things, it doesn't mean every incident has to be claimed by the tinfoil hat wearers.

Apparently there's more Americans still searching for Amelia Earharts plane then this one, and they still can't find that either.

• Upvote 1

That's exactly the case, they don't have the facility to trace a plane from a certain point. It's called Uncontrolled Airspace. It's when a pilot uses IFR to get around when there is no separation or VFR available became no country monitors or controls that airspace because no one wants to have to pay for it. The CCTV idea you refer to would be the aircraft passing in front of your CCTV camera and then heading out into 1000s and 1000s of miles of open farmland that has no CCTV. You know where it entered the massive area but after that you're looking for a toy car in an area the size of Britain that's completely covered in water.

And yes, sometimes Governments do nasty things, it doesn't mean every incident has to be claimed by the tinfoil hat wearers.

Apparently there's more Americans still searching for Amelia Earharts plane then this one, and they still can't find that either.

Are you purposefully making loads of daft comparisons?

This was a fucking jumbo jet in the modern era, the information age and it just disappeared for more than a year.

You think that someone would choose to commit suicide by disabling a transponder and navigating in a fashion to avoid radar and then setting an autopilot on a 7 hour journey to the abyss killing himself and hundreds of others, rather than just flying it like a giant dart into the middle of the South China Sea? You then think that it crashed and yet there was no sign of it on the surface for this long?

I think the idea that nobody knows the whereabouts of this plane as entirely preposterous! The whole thing with Inmarsat and the release of data that did hold up under scrutiny and the subsequent refusal to release the raw data all just stunk.

We'll just have to agree to disagree! I've been round this hamster wheel before and I'm bored of it.

As someone has said, it will be nearly impossible for them to find the black box, but if they do, I can't imagine they'll find out anything other than this was a black swan event, and the pilot switched off the transponder, flew for an hour or so off course and then deliberately nose dived it into the sea.

Why will it be near impossible for them to find the black box's ? If they find the main body of the plane on the sea bed then there's every chance they'll find the BBs. They did when they found the Airbus Air France plane which went missing in similar circumstances. I also don't get why you seem so certain its pilot suicide. It may will be but there's also every chance the lithium battery cargo caused a fire. If that were the case, pilot suicide then becomes very convenient.

Does anyone think it's suspicious that a bloke who has spent a large part of his career being paid by the airline industry is on here trying to convince everyone that the plane was lost at sea and that the black boxes will never be found. Who is paying him now? Who is he working for now? Why is he paying particular attention to this flight? Why all this crash propaganda? What has he got to hide, eh? What has he got to hide?!

• Upvote 3

Why will it be near impossible for them to find the black box's ? If they find the main body of the plane on the sea bed then there's every chance they'll find the BBs. They did when they found the Airbus Air France plane which went missing in similar circumstances. I also don't get why you seem so certain its pilot suicide. It may will be but there's also every chance the lithium battery cargo caused a fire. If that were the case, pilot suicide then becomes very convenient.

I agree with all of that. Lithium batteries are one of the biggest safety concerns in aviation. It's only a few months gave that ICAO were sending out advice to all national authorities about the dangers of the lithium batteries in these new electronic cigarettes and them being in passengers checked luggage. They're a huge concern.

If it is a fire like that, then it'll be made public because there'd be no reason to hide it as its a known significant concern. It's the complete silence and total lack of wreckage for so long that is making every National Safety Authority in the world think it's pilot suicide, although no one really wants to say it out loud yet because of the impact it'll have on commercial aviation.

And you're also right about the black box. They could of course find it. I'm just questioning if all they'll ever find is washed up debris.

Does anyone think it's suspicious that a bloke who has spent a large part of his career being paid by the airline industry is on here trying to convince everyone that the plane was lost at sea and that the black boxes will never be found. Who is paying him now? Who is he working for now? Why is he paying particular attention to this flight? Why all this crash propaganda? What has he got to hide, eh? What has he got to hide?!

I've got nothing to hide!

Ermm, I've had enough of this place, I'm flouncing off never to be seen again....

*lads, they've busted me - Di Di Mau, DI DI MAU*

• Upvote 1

I agree with all of that. Lithium batteries are one of the biggest safety concerns in aviation. It's only a few months gave that ICAO were sending out advice to all national authorities about the dangers of the lithium batteries in these new electronic cigarettes and them being in passengers checked luggage. They're a huge concern.

If it is a fire like that, then it'll be made public because there'd be no reason to hide it as its a known significant concern. It's the complete silence and total lack of wreckage for so long that is making every National Safety Authority in the world think it's pilot suicide, although no one really wants to say it out loud yet because of the impact it'll have on commercial aviation.

And you're also right about the black box. They could of course find it. I'm just questioning if all they'll ever find is washed up debris.

In the last few years we've had planes deliberately flown into buildings. Only last year we had a plane blown out the sky and only a couple of months ago, a plane flown deliberately into a mountain. None of those incidents have made a dent in civil aviation. Personally and in this case, I'd be happier if it were batteries and not a wack job pilot.

This was a fucking jumbo jet in the modern era, the information age and it just disappeared for more than a year.

You think that someone would choose to commit suicide by disabling a transponder and navigating in a fashion to avoid radar and then setting an autopilot on a 7 hour journey to the abyss killing himself and hundreds of others, rather than just flying it like a giant dart into the middle of the South China Sea? You then think that it crashed and yet there was no sign of it on the surface for this long?

I think the idea that nobody knows the whereabouts of this plane as entirely preposterous! The whole thing with Inmarsat and the release of data that did hold up under scrutiny and the subsequent refusal to release the raw data all just stunk.

We'll just have to agree to disagree! I've been round this hamster wheel before and I'm bored of it.

Its in the fucking drink

This makes more sense than "ifithadnabeenferAmericaandDiegoGarcia"

Look if you want to believe the world is flat and no governments ever conspire and do bad shit then fine, but laughing at people for having an open mind is a bit dumb!

People are just subconsciously trained to do it I think. If you look at every single subject where a conspiracy theory is put forward, there's ridicule every time, the "theorist" is generalised along with the worst of the worst, it can't be a coincidence. The odds are stacked against it in a massive way when you look at it seriously.

You could have people defending Corbyn against insane amounts of establishment bullshit and propaganda, but those same people would likely switch into a completely different state instantly as soon as a conspiracy theory on another subject is put forward. That's just the way it is.

It's sad that ridicule sways people and is part of that subconscious narrative that starts others off doing the same thing, but that's this reality for you. It's the easy option that preserves world views and more comfortable beliefs. The world is fucked up, controlled in several ways by oligarchic idiocy, and that, along with all of the lies and shite they get their people spewing out each and every day, is just what we have to deal with.

I'd guess that if things work out properly, at some point, the idea of a conspiracy will just be seen as another option when something out of the ordinary has happened (as long as it's reasonable to an extent.) One that's looked at genuinely, along with all of the other ideas, and without so much of the ridicule. The rich and powerful clearly don't want that though, because their bullshit will come into focus more, so it's not going to happen easily.

I'm not saying this event has to be a conspiracy, or am I directing any of this post towards who you're arguing with, I'm just meaning in general.

People are just subconsciously trained to do it I think. If you look at every single subject where a conspiracy theory is put forward, there's ridicule every time, the "theorist" is generalised along with the worst of the worst, it can't be a coincidence. The odds are stacked against it in a massive way when you look at it seriously.

You could have people defending Corbyn against insane amounts of establishment bullshit and propaganda, but those same people would likely switch into a completely different state instantly as soon as a conspiracy theory on another subject is put forward. That's just the way it is.

It's sad that ridicule sways people and is part of that subconscious narrative that starts others off doing the same thing, but that's this reality for you. It's the easy option that preserves world views and more comfortable beliefs. The world is fucked up, controlled in several ways by oligarchic idiocy, and that, along with all of the lies and shite they get their people spewing out each and every day, is just what we have to deal with.

I'd guess that if things work out properly, at some point, the idea of a conspiracy will just be seen as another option when something out of the ordinary has happened (as long as it's reasonable to an extent.) One that's looked at genuinely, along with all of the other ideas, and without so much of the ridicule. The rich and powerful clearly don't want that though, because their bullshit will come into focus more, so it's not going to happen easily.

I'm not saying this event has to be a conspiracy, or am I directing any of this post towards who you're arguing with, I'm just meaning in general.

The pilot conspired to dip it in the drink like a fucking dart. Put your fucking colanders away you mad bastards. 

The pilot conspired to dip it in the drink like a fucking dart. Put your fucking colanders away you mad bastards. 

Like I said, wasn't referring to this subject, I hold no theory or idea on it. Was just talking (in one post, and then was going to leave the thread again), about the ridicule aspect when some theories are put forward.

*gets tinfoil hat* (surely self-ridicule is ok.)

*leaves*

Like I said, wasn't referring to this subject, I hold no theory or idea on it. Was just talking (in one post, and then was going to leave the thread again), about the ridicule aspect when some theories are put forward.

Someone mentioned Godzilla. That wasn't ridiculed. Easy going round here. All suggestions welcome. All theories respected. All Lib Dem's negged.  So just sit back, crack open a beer and.... oh hang on you better not mate. 

• Upvote 2

In the last few years we've had planes deliberately flown into buildings. Only last year we had a plane blown out the sky and only a couple of months ago, a plane flown deliberately into a mountain. None of those incidents have made a dent in civil aviation. Personally and in this case, I'd be happier if it were batteries and not a wack job pilot.

All bar one of those was the actions of others. And they made massive holes in aviation, never mind dents. Airlines went bankrupt and people lost their jobs.

Pilot suicide is the massive concern as that's the last line of your safety compromised. The person people trust the most in your air travel is now killing himself and everyone onboard. And yes, the German Wings thing made a dent in Civil Aviation. If there is another one it will make another dent. If there was anything to be covered up it would be another pilot suicide. Not lithium batteries or a tech problem.

All bar one of those was the actions of others. And they made massive holes in aviation, never mind dents. Airlines went bankrupt and people lost their jobs.

Pilot suicide is the massive concern as that's the last line of your safety compromised. The person people trust the most in your air travel is now killing himself and everyone onboard. And yes, the German Wings thing made a dent in Civil Aviation. If there is another one it will make another dent. If there was anything to be covered up it would be another pilot suicide. Not lithium batteries or a tech problem.

Yes, but it wasn't through lack of people wanting to fly is what I meant.