You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away (Sat 23 November)

PeterB

It'd help if we have out best centre back on the pitch.  A wild thought I know.

Sakho or Toure? I think either or both of those two would definitely have helped today. To be fair though, we've been poor at defending set pieces all season, no matter who was on the pitch. It's clearly something we need to get a lot better at.

As do the blueshite, by the looks of things.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

No. He's flawless. That's definitely what I've said.

Nope, you haven't said it, which is why I asked. You're defending him with the same zeal with which you defended Reina. It's only when somebody without the evident flaws comes in that people really see the difference it makes.

Always thought, and still do to a lesser extent, that Martinez is a decent bloke. He talks out of his fucking arse in his post match though the prick.Mirallas was fucking disgusting today. And the FA rules make it impossible for an FA panel to look at the incident and award a red because the gutless fat cunt in the yellow shirt issued a yellow card.

Refereeing in this country is past a joke. They're fucking hopeless. Thanks to that useless cunt and the loan system which allows Lukaku to score 2 against us but not to play against Chelsea (oh and that pointless fuck Joe Allen) we've dropped 2 points today. Football fucking sucks and it's getting worse.

Other than that, happy fucking days.

• Upvote 1

They're poison. I thought I hated United more, but not sure.

Having a discussion with a mate on Facebook, about the blues howling at Suarez when he won a corner (it's now being alleged that they spat at him too) and this blert comes on with the "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" and "always the victims" shit and how Liverpool fans are racist (???), so I mentioned the Digger banana incident and it was met by something along the line of "wall pushing bastards".

Fucking poisonous, the lot of them. Glad I'm nowhere near town tonight.

Bitter-sweet result this (pun intended).

One one hand we would have won that game today - comfortably - if either of Suarez or Allen converted at least one of their chances (it was a bad miss by Allen - my 90+ year old granny would've buried that).

On the other hand, we need to thank our lucky stars for having Mignolet keeping us in the game - he made some absolutely superb saves today. If it wasn't for him, it could've been very embarrassing for us.

And don't start me on that prick Mirallas. I've just seen the replays and the argie wanker meant it when he went through Suarez. Dowd though, being the twat that he is, gives him just a yellow, the tit. He bottled it, pure and simple. Rodgers should write to that manc cunt Riley asking for an apology.

We stay second no matter what happens, but it could've been better. Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 1

Always thought, and still do to a lesser extent, that Martinez is a decent bloke. He talks out of his fucking arse in his post match though the prick.Mirallas was fucking disgusting today. And the FA rules make it impossible for an FA panel to look at the incident and award a red because the gutless fat cunt in the yellow shirt issued a yellow card.

I'm sure the FA changed the rules and can look back at those challenges.  As it was on Suarez it's fair game though.

One one hand we would have won that game today - comfortably - if either of Suarez or Allen converted at least one of their chances (it was a bad miss by Allen - my 90+ year old granny would've buried that).

On the other hand, we need to thank our lucky stars for having Mignolet keeping us in the game - he made some absolutely superb saves today. If it wasn't for him, it could've been very embarrassing for us.

And don't start me on that prick Mirallas. I've just seen the replays and the argie wanker meant it when he went through Suarez. Dowd though, being the twat that he is, gives him just a yellow, the tit. He bottled it, pure and simple. Rodgers should write to that manc cunt Riley asking for an apology.

We stay second no matter what happens, but it could've been better. Onwards and upwards.

The cunts from Belgium.

I highly doubt your 90 year old Gran would have scored that & Mirallas is a Belgian not an Argie.

They're poison. I thought I hated United more, but not sure.

Having a discussion with a mate on Facebook, about the blues howling at Suarez when he won a corner (it's now being alleged that they spat at him too) and this blert comes on with the "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" and "always the victims" shit and how Liverpool fans are racist (???), so I mentioned the Digger banana incident and it was met by something along the line of "wall pushing bastards".

Fucking poisonous, the lot of them. Glad I'm nowhere near town tonight.

They're just horrible mate, bitter and obsessed with us, they hate us with a passion and get wound up by absolutely everything we ever do. Even the decent ones will turn on you like an Afghan policeman when they get in a group of them despite being normal sane individuals in real life. We justbpushbthem over the edge simply by existing.

Guest San Don

Didnt take the twats long to start the 'murderers' chant today. 3 minutes into the game, wasnt it yet still some of their 'decent' fans say they never hear it.

I dont see how anyone whose team was behind twice in the game can claim they were 'robbed' (unless they are blind blueshite fans, of course). If anyone was robbed, it was us. They should have had 10 men for that tackle on suarez. If dowd hadnt of already booked him, he would surely have given a yellow for that thigh high tackle. And the twat booked lucas later for something far less inocuous. No, only one team today was robbed and that was the team that played in Red.

As for the game, I cant go along with people who say they outplayed us, unless by outplaying they mean taking people out at the thigh. Rodgers got out of jail with his sub of allen who was rightly hooked when the shite were exerting a lot of pressure on us. It came as no surprise to me they actually took the lead after that sub. Thankfully, Sturridge saved his bacon with that late goal.

And just why are so many people on sturridge's back? he's selfish, he moped when being subbed last week, he bollocked suarez at arse for not squaring the ball to him to have a pop.

Frankly, Sturridge can carry on like this while he in this form scoring for fun. Im happy he's pissed at getting taken off. Im happy he's got the balls to argue the toss with a senior pro when he thinks he can score.

Thought The Ming had an excellent game today. Stood up when he needed to and made some excellent stops. Young Flanno got slung in at the deep end (remember some people were saying the lad was no good after his early promise) and didnt let the team down. One or two of his more experienced defensive team mates might want to reflect on that tonight.

I keep reading people saying we are shite and wait to one of the heavyweights plays us. Well, who said we are going to win the league? this season is about improving and if they cant see that over last season's performances, well, too bad.

We are no way the finished article. But, we are improving. People need to remember you fall from grace very quickly. getting back up there, is a longer path.

I doubt very much Mirallas will be retrospectively punished and to be honest whats the point? It's not like we turn around and play them again whilst the ban would be in effect, better that he plays and fucks up other teams challenging for the CL spots in my opinion. Sure it helps those cunts challenge too but I think we'll do them at Anfield anyway and if we take care of business in our other fixtures it won't really matter what they do. That said, it was a clear red but bitching about it gets us nowhere. Let's leave the bitching to everton.

I was happy with the majority of our performance today, Allen's miss was atrocious and Suarez could have had at least one more but it was mainly our defending that let us down and that doesn't happen often (Lukaku always gives Agger problems though so perhaps Sakho should have started, nothing bad to say about Flannagan but I'd have started Toure on the right with Johnson on the left as well). A better player would have scored off Moses' header too but I understand he made his run too early and isn't at that world class level. Shame Sturridge wasn't deemed fit enough for the full 90 as from his time out he looked like he would have done more damage as well. Thanks Woy.

Lucas gave some silly fouls away as he faded but saved us a few times as well over the course of his contribution. Could have been much worse without him but as many has said he needs help and/or competition, I still think a player in the Gerrard mold is of higher importance though as we're very reliant on a player who is nearing the end of the his career, though not as near as some would suggest. Being American I don't get the same opportunity to review the academy players as others do but unless Rossiter looks like the second coming (from what I've read and watched he seems the most likely to be capable but he's still a few years out if I'm recalling correctly) we need to find someone similar to give Gerrard a break and prolong his career.

One thing I would like to see going forward is us pressing higher from the start. As it is we only seem to do that against the "big clubs" and while it would almost certainly lead to some players (Mainly Lucas and Gerrard) fading faster than they already do I think more often than not it would lead to us killing games early rather than letting teams hang around. Obviously reinforcing the midfield in January could allow us to do that because that's where we fade the most over the course of matches, not that I'm opposed to improving other areas as well, especially left back.

Why are we so porous in defence now when we were so solid in the first 4 or 5 games?

We have to improve defensively very quickly or our decent start will ebb away.

We don't seem to attack as a team and defend as a team and that comes down to organisation to some extent, we don't set up to play compact and there is nowhere near enough covering for each other all over the pitch.

I've supported joe allen since he came to the club but with one dreadful kick of the ball he's managed to fire his liverpool career straight in the dustbin.

If he'd scored he could have went off and felt satisfied with a fair comeback performance but judging by the shocked ashen faced look he had when he got hooked he's got a mountain to climb.

Well done Flanagan, great performance by the kid.

The standard of referees in this league is shocking, it's not just the odd incident it's every week. Mike Riley is luckiest man in britain to still be in a job, he should be sacked.

What made it worse for me (Allens miss) was that I started celebrating as the ball dropped for him, only to look up to be told that he'd missed!

I know what you mean mate it was one of those moments where your fully expecting a goal, I thought it was in as soon as the ball landed to him, I thought it was Lucas though and was like fucking hell Lucas is gonna score only for Allen to have one of the misses of all time.

I know what you mean mate it was one of those moments where your fully expecting a goal, I thought it was in as soon as the ball landed to him, I thought it was Lucas though and was like fucking hell Lucas is gonna score only for Allen to have one of the misses of all time.

Couldn't believe he missed. He's being rightly criticised for the miss, but I thought the Suarez header was more of a chance than Allen's. Similar to the Shevchenko miss in Istanbul. I couldn't believe it just hit Howard and hadn't gone in.

Yeah, it was a bad miss, maybe even the worst in the history of life as we know it. But physical errors happen in sport. Mental errors, lack of effort, committment and passion are other things.

We didn't lost out on winning because Allen missed a sitter. For most of the game they outran us and wanted to win more than we did. Allen had that chance because of an unbelievable bit of skill from Suarez, who showed his customary 'garra'. Other players showed little.

Oh, and all the people who were worried about Skrtel/Agger not being able to handle Lukaku were right.

We've already got two good strikers, so why don't we buy five more good strikers, send them to Swansea, West Ham, Cardiff City, Norwich and Hull and hope they score enough goals to nick a few points of Tottenham, Arsenal, Man City etc?

Lukaku cost around £15m, so there's the small matter of finding £75m. Not sure so many team owners would be willing to sanction that kind of outlay on buying players for other teams.

I thought lukaku was quiet today to be honest. The first goal fell into his path purely by luck. His second was poor defending admittedly but anyone can score from a corner. I'm not saying he's bad but I thought in general we handled him OK today . Suarez should've buried that chance but he's forgiven for being Mega. Allen will have had his confidence shattered by that miss though. The pleb

• Upvote 1