You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away (Sat 23 November)

PeterB

Good post, Rodgers did go for it, he was brave and tried to win the game. Previous managers would have held on for the point. I do think Rodgers got one thing wrong today though, he should have started Sahko against Lukaku.

It's never a game where you really get to play out from the back anyway, it's a high pressure high intensity game and nobody really gets time on the ball. So Aggers composure and playing from the back skills weren't really used today. We could have done with Sahko's strength on more than one occasion though.

Add to that how Agger was left for dead more than once. His lack of pace and acceleration is worrying.

• Downvote 1

Allen couldn't have squared for Suarez as some have suggested as Suarez was ahead of the ball. Still a shocking miss, Allen probably even had time to take a touch. The surprising thing is he (Allen) is an excellent passer of the ball so you'd think that goal would have been bread and butter.

As it it wasn't a bad enough miss, Howard jumps to the other side at the last second to leave even more of the open goal gaping.

Hate to say it, but it's worse than Rosenthal's for me.

Allen couldn't have squared for Suarez as some have suggested as Suarez was ahead of the ball. Still a shocking miss, Allen probably even had time to take a touch. The surprising thing is he (Allen) is an excellent passer of the ball so you'd think that goal would have been bread and butter.

It was an apalling miss whichever way you look at it. Had it been in any other game or at a point in this game where it didnt matter then it would be quickly forgotten. All players miss sitters from time to time but I'm afraid Allen will join the list of players that have fucked up in Derbys down the years and his performace today will define his tenure at Liverpool..

Pity , he started well and looked a great addition to the squad

As it it wasn't a bad enough miss, Howard jumps to the other side at the last second to leave even more of the open goal gaping.

Hate to say it, but it's worse than Rosenthal's for me.

OK, no, in fairness to Allen Howard was actually somewhere near him when he shot and he didn't have THAT much time to think. Rosenthal had beaten everyone, he just had to walk it into an empty net and had loads of time... but he still missed.

Not to excuse Allen or anything.

We should of won end of.

After we went 2-1 up we were in control and Everton were just hitting it long to Lukaku but we continually shot ourselves in the foot.  All of their one on ones came from mistakes from Liverpool players which woke the crowd back up and kept their hopes alive and inevitably we paid the price.

When we upped the tempo we pegged them back and created chances but too often we just go to sleep instead of keeping the pressure on.

We earned our goals but we gave them theirs from our own mistakes.

HM to John Flannagan who i thought was excellent and to Mignolet for his numerous 1 on 1 saves.

Agger was absolutely terrible.

Mirallas is a grade A cunt and Dowd should be sacked for not sending him off.

It was a cracking game but we made them look better than they are.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Its been pretty clear for fucking ages. Obviously its far more palatable to just blame him.

Has he got any flaws in his game at all or is he totally perfect in your eyes? The way you defend him, you'd think it was Makelele being questioned here.

Great game today. Totally mental though. We probably should have won on balance, but hey, these things happen. I don't know where you even start to analyse a game like that so I'll just say that Mignolet and Flanagan deserve a special mention for their contributions.

If only we could defend set pieces.