You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marvel: Agents Of Shield

Anubis

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

How are they going to explain Coulson being alive? Or are they not?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I dont think you see him die? I'm sure there's a medic who runs over to him with the defibrillator machine

They showed his collectors cards covered in blood didnt they?.They will just explain it as they needed to pull the team together

They showed his collectors cards covered in blood didnt they?.They will just explain it as they needed to pull the team together

In the film the cards are in the locker.

• 1 year later...

So did anyone carry on watching this? Please tag spoilers too if so!

Watched a few episodes in 2013 and didn't fully get into it, but didn't give it enough of a chance either. Have just sat and watched 8 episodes though to get to 12 and it does get a lot better. A bit of a slow starter, but am liking it quite a lot now.

What they did to Coulson was fucking gruesome too, to keep him alive. Not sure of the fuller details of that or if it'll be explained further, but am hoping that happens.

Skye has just been told some of her history as well, but that also looks like it's going to take time to be revealed properly. Oh and I go to check how to spell her name on wiki and have it confirmed what it was kind of already saying. That's really fucking cool actually, can't wait to get back to learning more. And I didn't see that coming at all.

Not sure how many more episodes I can take before needing a rest, but can already feel it getting hard to stop watching. Saying that though there's only a season and a half of it so far, so it won't last too long to get up to date. If there's one thing I loathe though it's waiting for each episode to arrive normally, so am just going to enjoy watching at my own pace while I can!

Also :

Seeing it the other way around; some of this first, then seeing Coulson die in Avengers when watching it recently, that was fucking baffling. Glad it's mostly resolved after seeing more of this.

Have just worked my way through 13 episodes now, and yeah it's consistently getting better. It's just crossed over with the timeline of The Winter Soldier, so also really glad I just saw that. It definitely helps make a lot more sense of what's actually going on beyond where the characters are.

My two main questions are still (not asking anyone here, just saying, hoping to find out by watching.)

Where does Skye actually come from, and who/what was it that was used to heal herself and Coulson? Both questions are getting at me quite a bit, so might try to stay awake and watch the rest of the episodes in this season at least.

But yeah, really glad I decided to start watching it again now.

Just watched the end of season 1, thought it was great. The thing I liked the best though was the ending, the way it's been set up for the next season. It usually bugs me any type of cliffhanger, but the way that left off, just fucking brilliant.

Suppose I'd be gutted if I had to wait actually, but looking forward to seeing what's next. Only thing that bugs me is that I can't go through the next season at the speed that I want to, but will start catching up later on.

That very last scene with Coulson was just brilliant though, can't wait to know what race/intelligence is behind that! And he's now the man to restart Shield from scratch, which is also perfect. Gives so much room to do things from the start of season 2.

I watched the last few episodes of series 2 before the mid-season break last night. It starts up again soon. It definitely found its feet half way through the first series. It also helps that they've started introducing a few more characters from the comic books, when you have such a rich and established mythos at your disposal, you ought to take full advantage of it. There's one moment in a park in the first episode of season 2 that cheered my inner nerd.

Adding Adrianne Palicki is never a bad thing either.

She just joined the team in the last episode I watched, am trying to think of a word to describe how nice I think she is, but I'm not really getting anywhere. I was wondering who you meant ever since seeing your post, and as soon as she appeared I was thinking something like "yeah....that's probably her." (whilst feeling kind of hypnotized by her looks at the same time.)

Wow.

Still no answers to the two main questions I have, but at least things look like they're getting closer now. Have 5 episodes left then I'm waiting for the next with the rest of you.

Pretty big headfuck at the end of episode 10, but glad we only have to wait a couple of days to see what happens next. And also glad that one of my two questions got answered!

I'm guessing that finding out who/what Skye is will take quite a while longer though.

Didn't realize that the answer to the other question I had was already known for some time. If I'd been more familiar with the Marvel universe would've known.

I thought "Inhuman" was a term Shield had come up with to class certain beings until they were identified better at a later point in time, have just found out that they're actually a race in the universe. Also found out that what they were exposed to in the last episode was Terrigen Mist.

Another thing that's going to happen is that, and this is definitely a spoiler about what's to come, so avoid this if you'd rather just find out normally :

A character is going to be added that will help Skye learn about who she is. He's also going to be an Inhuman. More on that is here at Marvel's site : http://marvel.com/news/tv/24049/marvels_agents_of_shield_adds_luke_mitchell

And it's doing my head in waiting, glad I didn't have to wait months though. Will probably read some Avengers comics or something until I can get the next episode early wednesday morning.

Just saw the last episode. I liked it, but it's probably going to take a while until Skye adapts to who she is now, and I just hope it doesn't drag out for long. I'll be happier when :

She has help from another like her and can start to get control of who she is now. At that point she should be able to use her powers to help Shield in their missions, and if so it'll make the whole thing a lot more interesting.

Not that it isn't interesting already, just saying.

edit - Am going to have to try and get this to find out more of the history of what's going on. It might save me from going mad as this story develops over the next few weeks : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inhumans-Paul-Jenkins-Jae-Lee/dp/0785184740/

Ah, have just found out that there's 4 volumes of Inhumans (the link above is vol 2), so waiting for this shouldn't be so hard now.

edit 2 : Finally! Have just found out what character she's turning into. I'll leave posting it because it just seems too spoilerish (those familiar enough will have already known for ages.) if anyone really wants to know and can't find the answers, will put it in tags in another post (or someone else will.)

Sorry, it's completely easy to find out what character she is from comic books. The only reason I didn't know was because as I'd started watching this again from near the start of season 1 the other day, had avoided reading up on any wiki pages, etc, in fear of spoilers.