You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

When I saw that Being Liverpool documentary and also how 'unglamorous' Rodger's missus was I had a fair amount of respect for him as a person. Then seeing his transformation,new teeth,weight loss and trophy girlfriend I lost most of that respect for him that I had,off the field stuff I mean.

It just seems to fit in with somebody revelling in being given a job well above his pay grade. The on field stuff this season adds fuel to my opinion too.

What an absolute crap opinion to have. You have no idea how his marriage broke up. They don't work out. It happens. I think it says more about you if you're losing respect for someone over something that you don't know the facts about. 

• Upvote 1

Normally I advocate parking someone's personal life.

But his "trust and stay loyal to your family" speech must have had Susan reaching for the sick bucket.

Also I am very surprised that Susan s having to take him to Court for a divorce settlement. PR is everything to Brendan, and an out of court agreement with gagging confidentiality clause would have seemed to have been an imperative for him.

Without it, expect "life with Brendan, the inside story" in a tabloid soon.

How do you know she didn't leave him?

Oh, you don't. His marriage has nothing to do with how he manages the football club. End of story.

Gobshite. I'm still reading this thread but by far the worst post in it by a long shot.

Strange you would have a problem with that post considering it is a fact, I wasn't criticising Rafa I was just pointing out to people criticising BR for not beating Chelsea and saying that Rafa definitely would if he came back, history suggests he found those fixtures difficult.

• Downvote 4

How do you know she didn't leave him?

Oh, you don't. His marriage has nothing to do with how he manages the football club. End of story.

I agree, all the cheap shots about his marriage are pathetic. Short of being a wife beater or peadophile I couldn't care less about his personal life....just win baby. 

Fair enough you guys you are happy with going through in cup competitions and beating them once away in 5-6 years in the prem, I'll remember that in future discussions about Rodgers.

Rodgers would do his reputation a world of good by winning something next year, since the title is out of reach that leaves one of the cups. 

Fair enough you guys you are happy with going through in cup competitions and beating them once away in 5-6 years in the prem, I'll remember that in future discussions about Rodgers.

You should prob read through this to get a better reflection on football results.

http://www.lfconline.com/head_to_head/chelsea/vs/liverpool/index.shtml

If Rodgers can match this I am sure people will get off his back (includes cup games).

jostrafatable2704b.jpg

I feel BRs personal issues are fuel for some who want him gone. Regardless I feel he isn't no where near good enough or experienced enough for the managers position, of LFC. His transfer buys alone give me faith in his judgement in such issues. 

Europe was a complete disaster  and previous managers have been moved on having achieved better results than this season. I am sure if he remains at the helm we will become mid table cannon fodder or worse. 

You should prob read through this to get a better reflection on football results rather than just making up every 5-6 years.

http://www.lfconline.com/head_to_head/chelsea/vs/liverpool/index.shtml

If Rodgers can match this I am sure people will get off his back (includes cup games).

jostrafatable2704b.jpg

Fans should be more concerned with what happens overall, BR has a similar win percentage to bob paisley since he's been here and is only behind Rafa in the prem years (slightly).

We all know BR took LFC over at a lower point then those managers aswell.

Fans should be more concerned with what happens overall, BR has a similar win percentage to bob paisley since he's been here and is only behind Rafa in the prem years (slightly).

We all know BR took LFC over at a lower point then those managers aswell.

Maybe Rodgers with his win rate will win 150% more trophy's next season at Liverpool than he has done so far...

How did all the teams rank back then at beating Chelsea at their place in the league? I'd imagine that unbeaten run of theirs that Rafa ended tells a story there. Additionally there's the cup ties we won but you know that already.

And Bob used to shut his fucking gob, God bless him.

In amongst the countless trophies.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How did all the teams rank back then at beating Chelsea at their place in the league? I'd imagine that unbeaten run of theirs that Rafa ended tells a story there. Additionally there's the cup ties we won but you know that already.

It was hard to get a result there just like it is now, I was just pointing out Rafas record to those who were criticising Rodgers for not winning there and were making out Rafa would be doing it easily, it's not a criticism of Rafa.

• Downvote 2

Put your trophies resulting from your league performances on the table son!

Title-trio-Kenny-Dalglish-flanked-by-ass

You know that doesn't really mean a lot with regards to the point I was making, right? Given I was obviously talking about his old school approach doing worse than a bullshitter in the same couple of years; not decades ago managing the best side in the world.

Maybe people should ponder why a manager sat with those trophies finished where he did in the league. Maybe managing Liverpool is much harder now, and should be thought of accordingly?

You know that doesn't really mean a lot with regards to the point I was making, right? Given I was obviously talking about his old school approach doing worse than a bullshitter in the same couple of years; not decades ago managing the best side in the world.

Maybe people should ponder why a manager sat with those trophies finished where he did in the league. Maybe managing Liverpool is much harder now, and should be thought of accordingly?

Dalglish won his stuff decades ago because that's when he was manager.  Doh!

Dalglish as manager of not the best team in the world!

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

• Upvote 3