You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We will win the league under rodgers 100%

jsims

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't believe we will win the league for a long time yet, but recently everything is clicking. Rogers is our boy and our squad seems harmonious. I think we will sadly miss out on top four this season.. barely, but next season.. I got good feels. I've been looking at the stats and next season is going to be a good one:

mlfw8249-29524.gif

Why stop there?

I think he can end Famine and bring world peace.

He will conquer Mars, sign all their top players, declare the Chicken came before the Egg and then retire to the Melwood cafe for a cup of coffee with one and a half sugars.

I really hope he does because above all else - he comes across as a really good guy. Aside from his sometimes cheesy lines, he is very likeable.

If he wants to win the league, or come close, he has to do one thing - spend his money wisely. His purchases in January have absolutely transformed us, mainly because they were both very good players. Had he spent as well in the summer (and been luckier) we'd be way further up the table.

Positivity is great though and anybody who has a problem with this thread or the sentiment behind it (we can all guess who...) can fuck off. Its certainly more enjoyable than reading the usual depressing shite on here.

Top 4 is a probability next year. The league in the next 2-3 years is fantasy though. I don't doubt we can do it with Rodgers but he'll need time and money. More like 5-6 years.

Yea i am pushing it abit and if you look at the other teams around us i would have to agree with you on the steady "4th next year" and build from that

But i also think we have the best system in the league, and if rodgers is given money, as you said, and with a bit of luck in the transfer market i see it sooner than 5-6 years.

I see our team and squad getting more and more together, and i doubt any club (and fans) are more hungry for success than us right now. I think that makes a big difference in terms of what you can achieve.

Fuck spurs, they dont have that belief and desire that they can win it. Arsenal, city, chelsea have already won it and all look disjointed. United win it almost every year, its nothing for them

Our manager is hungry, team/squad is hungry and fans are hungry.....i think that will be the final push we need, along with the actual fact we have a plan and system in place.

I still think 2-3 years.

I really hope he does because above all else - he comes across as a really good guy. Aside from his sometimes cheesy lines, he is very likeable.

If he wants to win the league, or come close, he has to do one thing - spend his money wisely. His purchases in January have absolutely transformed us, mainly because they were both very good players. Had he spent as well in the summer (and been luckier) we'd be way further up the table.

Positivity is great though and anybody who has a problem with this thread or the sentiment behind it (we can all guess who...) can fuck off. Its certainly more enjoyable than reading the usual depressing shite on here.

I like everything about him. He is smart and knows how to use the press to play little games with our players (who under perform) and for players who we might sign.

He always talks up how we are one of the biggest in the world and its an honor and a privilege to manage and play for us, but i think he bangs that into the players head more than just in the press....its smart because it tells players: your lucky to be here and if you dont perform im not picking you....and your fucking up a chance of a lifetime.

He is tenacious and determined to succeed, has a plan and is hungry. Oh and i love how he celebrates our goals.....sign of a man who wants it as much as the players.

my mate loves premier league football but he doesn't follow any particular team (although he did follow Leeds a bit in the early 2000's when he was at college there but he vigorously denies being a united fan at any time in his life but he would watch nearly all their games on telly).

He is loving us this season.

Reds fans in over optimism after good result shocker.

One of the things under Rafa and Houllier which annoyed me thouugh was that we paid shite sides too much respect. The mancs won leagues by going for the throat and giving them what they deserved, wheras we'd concentrate on 'controlling' the game.

But where that worked well was in the big matches, and especially in Europe.

We may have come full circle where we can muller shite sides but still can't tackle the big sides. I still maintain if we went anywhere near a quality CL side now though we'd still get royally buttfucked tactically.

Time will tell, but I genuinely hope we do square that circle.

This is the first season in a long time that we are regularly thrashing teams. There`s been a good few 3 4 and 5 nil scorelines. Long may it continue. Well done Brendan. :yes:

I just said the same thing as that pretty much word for word in the match thread, good post obviously ha.

I don't care what anybody says this man will take us back to the top' date=' i'm not sure how long maybe 2 or 3 years but if we stick with him, Brendan Rodgers will win us this league.

It isnt a knee jerk reaction to today, i have said it all along. He is the man i wanted when they sacked Kenny, and nothing has changed my opinion.

He is young, hungry and knows how to spot a player. Coutiinho and Sturridge were excellent business and for a combined 20 million fee.

Allen will come good and he will get rid of Borini just like he did with Sahin.

Have faith.....the league is coming home.[/quote']

He knows how to spot a player, and will get rid of Borini, like he did Sahin? Jesus wept how old are you?? All enthusiasm aside, Rodgers has a long furrow to plough, and so far his transfers are hit and miss. Its far too early to think of Titles. Suarez is carrying this team even more than Gerrard, and if he'd not have been royally buttfucked by the f.a. last season , we'd all have been celebrating 25-30 goals from him, and CL place under KK. Sturridge and Coutinho look promising, but they havnt even been TESTED yet, and you're already pissing your pants.

I don't care what anybody says this man will take us back to the top, i'm not sure how long maybe 2 or 3 years but if we stick with him, Brendan Rodgers will win us this league.

It isnt a knee jerk reaction to today, i have said it all along. He is the man i wanted when they sacked Kenny, and nothing has changed my opinion.

He is young, hungry and knows how to spot a player. Coutiinho and Sturridge were excellent business and for a combined 20 million fee.

Allen will come good and he will get rid of Borini just like he did with Sahin.

Have faith.....the league is coming home.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't you post incomprehensible garbage like this under a different username a while ago until you got banned ?

He knows how to spot a player, and will get rid of Borini, like he did Sahin? Jesus wept how old are you?? All enthusiasm aside, Rodgers has a long furrow to plough, and so far his transfers are hit and miss. Its far too early to think of Titles. Suarez is carrying this team even more than Gerrard, and if he'd not have been royally buttfucked by the f.a. last season , we'd all have been celebrating 25-30 goals from him, and CL place under KK. Sturridge and Coutinho look promising, but they havnt even been TESTED yet, and you're already pissing your pants.

Im going to enjoy this......

1) Everyone was cumming over Sahin saying what a good player he was and to sign him permanent. We took him on loan, he was shit, and rodgers got rid pronto......no messing no love

2) I think he will get rid of Borini if he has the chance, there was a game recently (zenit away i think) when he was on the bench and rodgers didnt play him. He was also singled out in the oldham game.

EVERY MANAGER MAKES MISTAKES

2) You support United, so lets talk about the transfer mistakes your manager has made: djemba djemba, veron (30 million), bebe (9 million), Taibi (7 million), kleberson (6 million), tosic (11 million) the list goes on

Some players like Forlan were totally shit for your team united, but went on to become a proper player at another club.

3) I put a million quid on the fact that 3 years ago you said this: If Torres leaves Liverpool they will be fucked.

or

"we are a one man team without Gerrard"

Now its suarez, clueless pricks always think one player is the only reason we dont get relegated or something. Its all bullshit and if you cant see that then you are dumber than i thought.

One man doesnt make a team and i am sick of hearing that.....year on year ive heard it.

Why people don't see the bigger picture is actually quite funny now.

Is Van persie "carrying United"?

Before him it was Rooney yea?

And then Giggs? Scholes?

Liverpool waste time thinking its all about one player when its obvious the team and the person controlling that team is what makes you win.

Fergie has had some shit sides win this league, because of him as much as the players....and never just one player!

WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SEE THAT

4) Sturridge hasnt been tested yet? What more can he do then bang goals in? make out attack look more fluid? Score a 25 yard screamer away at the champions?

Seriously mate you dont support Liverpool and im calling you out.

"kop.......out"

Nice name ;)

And just to add: I am sticking my opinion to get slaughtered by everyone here. i said in my opening post that its not a knee jerk reaction to todays win.

I said in my first post in the forum he is the man i wanted and had pricks try and laugh at me saying "why not AVB, Van Gall or AVB.

Well fuck them, i got the man i wanted and my eyes don't decieve me, he is building a great side and squad.....a brilliant TEAM

This is all a bit cringeworthy.

God you really want my attention dont you?

Every thread i post in, you are there trying to bait me

You dont actually talk about Liverpool in any way, shape or form, but you would rather constantly post about me?

Wat the heck is wrong with you mate, seriously?

I have ignored you for nearly 2 weeks now, yet you dont get the hint?

Every thread i post in' date=' you are there trying to bait me

You dont actually talk about Liverpool in any way, shape or form, but you would rather constantly post about me?

I have ignored you for nearly 2 weeks now, yet you dont get the hint?[/quote']

It's probably because you're an annoying cunt that's been banned from here many times.

You start threads just to get attention and you post some absolute guff.

And don't deny that you've been banned before, your posting style sticks out a mile and its not just me who picked up on it.

Every thread i post in, you are there trying to bait me

I have ignored you for nearly 2 weeks now, yet you dont get the hint?

Maybe use punctuation and capital letters where appropriate. Might make you look less of a dreadful cunt than you actually are.

Or maybe not. Worth a try.

Barring any major spunkfest injection of cash from the next arab dick waver, we could have Jesus Christ as manager with Gandhi as his assistant, play the Virgin Mary upfront and have Muhammad between the sticks and we'd still finish 5th.

It's all about the money.

Until that happens, we're fucked.

Im going to enjoy this......

1) Everyone was cumming over Sahin saying what a good player he was and to sign him permanent. We took him on loan, he was shit, and rodgers got rid pronto......no messing no love

2) I think he will get rid of Borini if he has the chance, there was a game recently (zenit away i think) when he was on the bench and rodgers didnt play him. He was also singled out in the oldham game.

EVERY MANAGER MAKES MISTAKES

2) You support United, so lets talk about the transfer mistakes your manager has made: djemba djemba, veron (30 million), bebe (9 million), Taibi (7 million), kleberson (6 million), tosic (11 million) the list goes on

Some players like Forlan were totally shit for your team united, but went on to become a proper player at another club.

3) I put a million quid on the fact that 3 years ago you said this: If Torres leaves Liverpool they will be fucked.

or

"we are a one man team without Gerrard"

Now its suarez, clueless pricks always think one player is the only reason we dont get relegated or something. Its all bullshit and if you cant see that then you are dumber than i thought.

One man doesnt make a team and i am sick of hearing that.....year on year ive heard it.

Why people don't see the bigger picture is actually quite funny now.

Is Van persie "carrying United"?

Before him it was Rooney yea?

And then Giggs? Scholes?

Liverpool waste time thinking its all about one player when its obvious the team and the person controlling that team is what makes you win.

Fergie has had some shit sides win this league, because of him as much as the players....and never just one player!

WAKE THE FUCK UP AND SEE THAT

4) Sturridge hasnt been tested yet? What more can he do then bang goals in? make out attack look more fluid? Score a 25 yard screamer away at the champions?

Seriously mate you dont support Liverpool and im calling you out.

"kop.......out"

Nice name ;)

And just to add: I am sticking my opinion to get slaughtered by everyone here. i said in my opening post that its not a knee jerk reaction to todays win.

I said in my first post in the forum he is the man i wanted and had pricks try and laugh at me saying "why not AVB, Van Gall or AVB.

Well fuck them, i got the man i wanted and my eyes don't decieve me, he is building a great side and squad.....a brilliant TEAM

Borini has had bad luck, so, it's not translated into a particularly productive period of time for him.

We didn't really find out how good Sahin was, because he didn't stay long enough for us to figure it out. I, like others on the forum, felt he showed promise and deserved more of a chance (at least as much of a chance as Suso or Sterling). I can think of games where he was substituted before players who deserved less, but stayed on the pitch. Apparently, he didn't fit 'the system' although I've no idea what system is being talked about because I've not seen anything particularly revolutionary about our play compared to previous teams in other seasons, for some time.

Prior to the arrival of Sturridge, and before Rodgers decided to give Downers and Hendo a run, in a last ditch effort to breath life into a failing squad, we were dire (reflected in our results, if you can't remember).

Sturridge has started well, and he inter-links with Luis as if they've played together a lot longer. However, until we've played a wide range of teams up and down the ladder, as in a full season, the jury is out. There's an old saying, that a team plays as well as the opposition allows them to play. It's also true of individuals, and I'm saying no, he hasn't been fully tested yet.

By the way...you seem to know an awful lot about that lot from Old Trafford - care to explain?