You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Was there a reason Sunday fucking supplement gave the whole programme over to him? I mean I know they fucking talk manchester united  at any excuse but giving the fucking no mark the full programme?

I didnt bother watching as soon as I saw it was just a dot cotton interview programme dressed up as Sun Sup which is fucking shite at the best of times. I just wonder why the fuck I watch it.

I enjoyed that programme, primarily because its function is to boost newspaper sales by appealing to fans of England and the top six Prem clubs. I imagine England fans were disgusted by Neville’s revelations of how deceitful journos are.

Neville stated that at one WC tournament some England players confidentially told English journalists the team and tactics several days prior to a key match, only to see both secrets all over the next day’s back pages. At another tournament Daily Mail journos were seen climbing on top of a surrounding wall to spy on an England training session. Next day the rag published the team and discussed their free kick ploys.

Neville claimed both incidents were a betrayal of confidence which benefitted their opponents, harmed England’s chances of success, created distrust of the press among players and is a reason so many of them refuse to give interviews.

The response of the panel amused me. The presenter and Mail hack glibly claimed, “It wasn’t me”, Martin Samuel for once stayed silent, Winter waffled while the Mirror man flatly rejected the accusations of betrayal and pointed out its a journalists duty to tell readers something they don’t know and these incidents are nothing for the press to be ashamed of.

I suspect Neville’s remarks must have hit a nerve as he is subject to a snide comment in today’s Mail about telling journalists how to do their job when appearing on the telly.

An article in yesterday’s Telegraph explains why the press would resent Neville’s criticism, when it revealed that since Brexit newspaper sales have declined by 20% and press advertising revenues have fallen by a third.

I don’t think Neville will be invited back to the Sunday Supplement in the near future, it at all.

I enjoyed that programme, primarily because its function is to boost newspaper sales by appealing to fans of England and the top six Prem clubs. I imagine England fans were disgusted by Neville’s revelations of how deceitful journos are.

Neville stated that at one WC tournament some England players confidentially told English journalists the team and tactics several days prior to a key match, only to see both secrets all over the next day’s back pages. At another tournament Daily Mail journos were seen climbing on top of a surrounding wall to spy on an England training session. Next day the rag published the team and discussed their free kick ploys.

Neville claimed both incidents were a betrayal of confidence which benefitted their opponents, harmed England’s chances of success, created distrust of the press among players and is a reason so many of them refuse to give interviews.

The response of the panel amused me. The presenter and Mail hack glibly claimed, “It wasn’t me”, Martin Samuel for once stayed silent, Winter waffled while the Mirror man flatly rejected the accusations of betrayal and pointed out its a journalists duty to tell readers something they don’t know and these incidents are nothing for the press to be ashamed of.

I suspect Neville’s remarks must have hit a nerve as he is subject to a snide comment in today’s Mail about telling journalists how to do their job when appearing on the telly.

An article in yesterday’s Telegraph explains why the press would resent Neville’s criticism, when it revealed that since Brexit newspaper sales have declined by 20% and press advertising revenues have fallen by a third.

I don’t think Neville will be invited back to the Sunday Supplement in the near future, it at all.

Every fucking Minute this fucker Gary Neville is in the media. An average player, Mr Premier league, he wasn't even the best full back Utd had. Would have loved to see him using his left foot at left back like Denis Irwin!

The hype and shit creedence people give him...I always thought he talked shit while people raved about him. That Shelvey sending off on John O Shea was tip of iceberg for me...he couldn't see that one guy was stronger in tackle and other one gets hurt! JOS milked to the extreme!

Then the wanky 'Mr Look who I am' amongst the away fans! He says populist shit to appeal to the masses, got his lesson in England set up, but particularly Valencia and now back with tail between legs picking greatest teams and players etc.

If I have to listen to a Utd great I'd prefer to listen to Keane, at least he doesn't pander to all and sundry!

• 2 weeks later...

Good points badly made

They're arguing that Gary Rowett, who finished 10th in the Chmapionship with Birmingham City, is more deserving than a man who led Sporting to the Champions League and won the Portuguese Cup. It's as dumb an argument as you're going to hear.

Thommo also called the Hull job "Mana from heaven", ffs.

They're arguing that Gary Rowett, who finished 10th in the Chmapionship with Birmingham City, is more deserving than a man who led Sporting to the Champions League and won the Portuguese Cup. It's as dumb an argument as you're going to hear.

Thommo also called the Hull job "Mana from heaven", ffs.

The wider point being that mangers from the Championship generally get passed over 

Merson was right in saying winning the league with Olympiakos meant anything,

It's like saying the manager of Celtic could get the Liverpool job,  Oh hang on ....  

The wider point being that mangers from the Championship generally get passed over 

Merson was right in saying winning the league with Olympiakos meant anything,

It's like saying the manager of Celtic could get the Liverpool job,  Oh hang on ....  

No it isn't. The point they want to make is that British managers don't get a fair chance. I can guarantee you Merse and Thommo aren't going to be outraged if David Wagner is ever passed over for a Premier League job. It's simply more xenophobia. 

If winning a league title with Olympiakos is such a piece of piss (and admittedly, the evidence suggests that it is given how they win at least 7 out of 10 league titles each decade), they why are British managers never in the frame for the coach's job there? Olympiakos have hired coaches from all over Europe and not all of them have trophy wins on their CV when they get the job, so it's got to be the money. A British manager earns more by managing Premier League mid-tablers, relegation battlers or Championship clubs than he'd get pretty much anywhere else in Europe (save for the very big clubs). Winning without winning is the ethos.

Not half as embarrassing as this:

He has a gift, Merson.  A gift for being absolutely wrong, whenever possible.

Didn't he have a bit of a problem with gambling? I can't imagine what the problem was. 

Couple of quid on Everton, Stoke and Bournemouth? I reckon he said other teams and they superimposed an impressionist's voice over his. Surely he can't be that stupid? Or maybe he can be.

Worra mong.

• 1 month later...

Just watched MOTD of the Arsenal game fucking hell how dire has this show gone, rushed through highlights of the game,just taking our second goal it actually started on the far right before it was shifted to the other side of the park but that was missed out.

But the worst part of it is that fat cunt Joathan Pearce, he really is shite in fact he's so bad you pine for John Motson..."splendid" Pearce is most certainly not.

• Upvote 1

Just watched MOTD of the Arsenal game fucking hell how dire has this show gone, rushed through highlights of the game,just taking our second goal it actually started on the far right before it was shifted to the other side of the park but that was missed out.

But the worst part of it is that fat cunt Joathan Pearce, he really is shite in fact he's so bad you pine for John Motson..."splendid" Pearce is most certainly not.

He's fucking egregious, I despise his whispering stream of consciousness stick.

By far the worst commentator out there, and that is saying a lot.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...