You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Di Matteo sacked

King Emlyn

Ah. That.

I never really got the Henderson hatred. We've got too many Henderson's to get overly annoyed about any single Henderson.

I love everyone. I even love Code, despite him being on ignore. It's all part of the dance.

The story goes that he sent him a parcel containing one of those things that when you open it, it pops out at you like a big snake, marked "From all those on the Liverpool Way". Ban well deserved if that's true.

On the contrary, I think he will do well.

He is a very good football coach, but bad in the Boardroom, and at Chelsea his focus will soley be on the pitch for half a season. They have a good side , with every prospect of a decent league performance. He can concentrate on what he does well and will have no involvement in what he does badly. The fans will react to results- as all do.

The trick for Rafa will be to do well this season, and then “do a Hidiink”, decline the permanent position with his reputation enhanced and rehabilitated.

It is easy to forget that when Rafa joined us his English was basic, his experience of dealing with the media limited, and his media contacts zero. Now his English is excellent, he has spent a lot of time cultivating the media over the past couple of years and his media experience far greater, he will do a far better job handling the media this time round and will enjoy it ( and being the centre of attention).

Why will his appointment "ratchet up the pressure on Brendan"?

It's not as though we were vying with Chelsea under Di Matteo so what difference does this change - which will arguably make them stronger - make to Liverpool Football Club? We already have a coach.

Why will his appointment "ratchet up the pressure on Brendan"?

It's not as though we were vying with Chelsea under Di Matteo so what difference does this change - which will arguably make them stronger - make to Liverpool Football Club? We already have a coach.

We are mid-table. If things don't improve and Rafa does well, people will be calling for him to replace Rodgers.

We are mid-table. If things don't improve and Rafa does well, people will be calling for him to replace Rodgers.

I hope those people can demonstrate their democratic right to protest - perhaps a mass rally call for Rafa.

At least that way once we have all the clueless pricks in one space we can blow the cunts to smithereens!

I hope those people can demonstrate their democratic right to protest - perhaps a mass rally call for Rafa.

At least that way once we have all the clueless pricks in one space we can blow the cunts to smithereens!

People who'd prefer Rafa to Rodgers are clueless pricks? Or just the people who'd protest, as it would be pointless?

Edited by Tony Manero

Those people should already know that is an impossible scenario.

If Steve Clarke's success at West Brom continues, will that "ratchet up the pressure on Brendan"?

People who'd prefer Rafa to Rodgers are clueless pricks?

People who profess to be Liverpool fans pressuring a manager who is less than one year into his job - are clueless pricks, yes.

Rafa had his time - in my opinion he shouldn't have been sacked - but his time is over, he has moved on and we should.

They didn't dare use Rafa against Kenny, so don't do it to Brendan. And don't give me the bollocks about how Kenny was a legend - they wouldn't have dared use Rafa's name to pressure Kenny.

I'm following Chelsea press conference online because I'm killing time. Some Chelsea fan at the press conference has been reported shouting "Get Rafa Out". He wasn't even in the room yet. This is going to be interesting considering the charges dropped against Clattenburg.

I'm following Chelsea press conference online because I'm killing time. Some Chelsea fan at the press conference has been reported shouting "Get Rafa Out". He wasn't even in the room yet. This is going to be interesting considering the charges dropped against Clattenburg.

..and the charges against Mikel.

It's a totally different thing. We were the best side, in Europe, judged on results, over the space of five years. We were incredible, especially considering he had to sell his own players at a profit in order to reinvest.

Isn't that how nearly every single club whose won the European cup has had to do business. Who had we had to sell so we could buy before the 2007 final. Every single club buys and sells. United sold Ronaldo, arsenal got to a final and sell all their best players. Very very few clubs are like city and Chelsea especially then.

Cuper got Valencia to two European cup finals, that's a similar achievement.

What the helps happened to cuper where is he.

People who profess to be Liverpool fans pressuring a manager who is less than one year into his job - are clueless pricks, yes.

Rafa had his time - in my opinion he shouldn't have been sacked - but his time is over, he has moved on and we should.

They didn't dare use Rafa against Kenny, so don't do it to Brendan. And don't give me the bollocks about how Kenny was a legend - they wouldn't have dared use Rafa's name to pressure Kenny.

I would have preferred FSG to have appointed Rafa instead of Kenny as I thought he was the better manager in 2011. Did I and would I have used Rafa's name to pressure Kenny, of course not. I wanted FSG to appoint Rafa instead of Rodgers, and I would still prefer Rafa to Rodgers but that's not to say I'm going to pressure him.

Did I and would I have used Rafa's name to pressure Kenny, of course not. I wanted FSG to appoint Rafa instead of Rodgers, and I would still prefer Rafa to Rodgers but that's not to say I'm going to pressure him.

You shouldn't really be speaking for others then!

If Rodgers has had two years - and not improved then by all means talk about Rafa potentially being an option. But until then lets be something we haven't been for a while and that is united behind our manager.

We all loved Kenny - but that isn't the same thing really. We all suspected it wasn't the best option, but because it was Kenny we ignored what our brain was saying and just went along. Even those who were against his sacking based this on him deserving another crack, rather than actual evidence in improvement.

You shouldn't really be speaking for others then!

If Rodgers has had two years - and not improved then by all means talk about Rafa potentially being an option. But until then lets be something we haven't been for a while and that is united behind our manager.

We all loved Kenny - but that isn't the same thing really. We all suspected it wasn't the best option, but because it was Kenny we ignored what our brain was saying and just went along. Even those who were against his sacking based this on him deserving another crack, rather than actual evidence in improvement.

Neither should you.

So because you suspected Kenny was not up for it and he proved you wrong by actually winning something, it was okay to sack him but Rodgers should get at least two years just for getting the job?

Amazing stuff.