You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The law does protect against homophobic hate crimes though, and to the exact same degree as racism.

Educate yourself: The CPS : Homophobia

To be fair to Xerxes, hes right to compare the plight of gingers to homophobia and racism. Its a little known fact that gingers were enslaved for hundreds of years for nothing more than being ginger. There are also more recent examples of 'gingerism', such as gingers being refused rooms in b&bs and even being beaten to death whilst walking through parks just for having weird hair.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Xerxes, hes right to compare the plight of gingers to homophobia and racism. Its a little known fact that gingers were enslaved for hundreds of years for nothing more than being ginger. There are also more recent examples of 'gingerism', such as gingers being refused rooms in b&bs and even being beaten to death whilst walking through parks just for having weird hair.

Yes, and the evil ethnographics experts that claimed to have evidence proving gingers have "funny eyes", reduce in size when exposed to sunlight, and are genetically predisposed to alcoholism, irn bru and heroin

When combined with freckles.... They're sent straight to death camps

Are you all suggesting some kind of ginger cleansing program?.

I am a dark auburn specimen.Although morally against the ginger caste system,I am wondering if my colouring would warrant any grace should your plans come to fruition.Honestly I am almost what could be considered brown haired in certain lighting.Sadly the carpet is the colour of a freshly picked satsuma.I am willing to shave or dye though.

Are you all suggesting some kind of ginger cleansing program?.

I am a dark auburn specimen.Although morally against the ginger caste system,I am wondering if my colouring would warrant any grace should your plans come to fruition.Honestly I am almost what could be considered brown haired in certain lighting.Sadly the carpet is the colour of a freshly picked satsuma.I am willing to shave or dye though.

Shut up and keep walking.

Yep. Severity of crime = level of victim outrage x amount of patronising middle class guilt. Picking out any difference in anyone in a demeaning or threatening way is wrong. But some offences seem to be more wrong than others.

All hate crimes are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Its OK for all you blondies, brunettes, baldies and greyheads but being a ginger is a matter of life and death. If you don't believe me please see the vid below. This is really happening to ginger kids all over western society. Its all a bit of fun to you guys safe with your flowing blonde (or otherwise) locks but it is time to open your eyes and stand up for your ginger brother and sisters. Your actions could save a life - please act now.

M.I.A, Born Free on Vimeo

You can help by contributing to D.O.G - Dye Out Ginger now.

All hate crimes are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Exactly my point. Like the outrageous recent case of the gay couple being turned away from a b&b by the homophobic owners on 'religious' grounds. They were rightly vilified by some (not all though), but the bnp felt it necessary to defend them saying it was their personal choice and belief. I doubt even they would have been so keen to do so had they turned away a black couple just because 'they didn't like black people.'

I wonder what Jason Roberts' thoughts are...

• 5 months later...

England fans reported over 'racist' chanting aimed at Ferdinand brothers | Football | guardian.co.uk

England fans reported over 'racist' chanting aimed at Ferdinand brothers

• Anti-racism campaigners complain to Fifa over abuse

• Songs suggested that brothers be thrown on a bonfire

England have been reported to Fifa over alleged racist chanting by their own fans towards Rio Ferdinand and his brother Anton during last week's 8-0 victory over San Marino.

The Manchester United defender pulled out of the game citing fitness concerns and, according to witnesses, was the subject of a vile song suggesting he and his brother be thrown on a bonfire and burned.

The race campaign group Football Against Racism in Europe, headed by Piara Powar, has sent an official complaint to world football's governing body which could see the FA fined or, at worst, forced to play a game behind closed doors.

Fare admitted it did not have observers at the game but was supplied with information about the chants by people who were.

A Fare spokeswoman told the Daily Mail: "It refers to the racist abuse Rio Ferdinand received, along with his brother Anton. We don't make the judgment. We send a report to Fifa but in the end it's their decision whether they open proceedings or not. And whether they issue a fine or not."

The Football Association has not made any official comment but is reportedly aware of the songs. English fans also sung about the IRA and "German bombers" during the World Cup qualifier but Fare made it clear the Ferdinand chanting was the reason Fifa had been notified.

Blessed Oliver Holt was on about the song that the England fans aimed at Rio and Anton Ferdinand; 'Build a bonfire.......put Rio on the top.......put Anton in the middle........' etc'. This particular song, as Pope Ollie, pointed out in his Mirror column, has been used by others, particularly Manchester fans aiming it at Scousers, and was construed as nothing other than light banter.

Yet Holt suggested that when sung by the England fans the song assumed an altogether more sinister context. As Rio and Anton are both black Oliver decreed the song was a 'racist' chant. He then connected it to USA southern states slave lynchings. Fucking idiotic nonsense of course.

But Holt could detect racism in a white man staring at Beyonce's arse, rather than accept that the guy is merely appreciating her beautiful physique while contemplating masturbation. Such imaginings are idiotic and undermine the cause of eradicating real racism from our society.

It must dawn on him sometime that Rio Ferdinand receives abuse not because of the colour his skin, but because of the colour of his shirt - and the fact that he is a cunt. But so is Holt.