You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk

MLB

His last season here? I'd say it's pretty likely.

Hamburg confirm interest in Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt

• Hamburg director Frank Arnesen praises Dutchman

• Kuyt has one year remaining on Liverpool contract

Share 3

Press Association

guardian.co.uk, Friday 20 April 2012 12.44 BST

Article history

The Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt has found first-team opportunities harder to come by this season. Photograph: Clive Mason/Getty Images

Hamburg's technical director, Frank Arnesen, has expressed his admiration for the Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt as speculation over the Holland international's future continues.

Kuyt, who will be 32 in the summer, has had fewer first-team opportunities this season and is being linked with a move at the end of the campaign. Kuyt has a year left on his contract at Anfield and while his former club Feyenoord are believed to be keen to take him back Arnesen has spoken publicly about the striker.

"A player like Kuyt, who is still in good shape, can add something to any team," he told Bild. "He is a real team-player with an excellent attitude."

There had been suggestions initial negotiations had taken place but Kuyt's agent said that was not the case. "There have not been any talks with Arnesen or with someone else from HSV," he said. "Would Kuyt be interested in a move to the Bundesliga? I can't say anything about that. A lot of clubs have made enquiries, but there's nothing concrete for now."

its for the best that he goes, brilliant servent to the club and will be remembered fondly but sadly just not good enough anymore, same case with Carra too I'm afraid

It's different with Carra. With Kuyt it's not so much a decline as he just doesn't suit the way we are trying to play now.

Not happy with this 1m release clause he supposedly has.

It's different with Carra. With Kuyt it's not so much a decline as he just doesn't suit the way we are trying to play now.

I'd say the opposite is true. Carra is 2-3 years past his expiration date. Kuyt is still servicable.

Guest San Don

Big heart, you know what you get with Dirk.

But, people often say ferguson moves players on at the 'right' time. Perhaps with the King back in charge, we will start doing the same without all the hand wringing when a popular player is moved on?

I just hope we can keep Dirk and Maxi. Dirk hasn't had a good season, and Maxi can't buy his way into the team. I love em both and hope we realize next season we'll be challenging on four fronts and need our quality and experienced players.

I've just had a thought - do you think Dirk wanted read that piece at the memorial because it is his last season with us? He is such a lovely guy and I will miss him when he goes. He's scored some important goals for us over the last few years.

I don't think he will want to stay as a bit part player. If we buy another right winger then he will get even less of a look in than he has this season.

He's been a great servant and a top pro, but I reckon the best thing all round would be for him to move on. £1 million is a joke though if true.

I just hope we can keep Dirk and Maxi. Dirk hasn't had a good season, and Maxi can't buy his way into the team. I love em both and hope we realize next season we'll be challenging on four fronts and need our quality and experienced players.

Dirks time has been and gone for me and I'd love Maxi to stay as he still has something to offer but doesn't seem like the club see it that way

Dirk is far too hit and miss these days. Can still have the odd good game, or pop up with an important goal, but he's had so many games this season where he's been terrible.

I know he's not the only one, but Kuyt still expects to play every game and he's simply not good enough to anymore, and he's not fit enough to either. I'd keep him for Europe next season and the cups for experience, but if he wants to play every game then he'll go.

In fairness to Kuyt he was also terrible under Hodgson because he didn't suit the 4-4-2. He was far better last season under Kenny when we were playing the 4-2-3-1 and now Kenny's gone back to 4-4-2 it'll never suit Kuyt.

It is fucking daft. It's all but certain that Dirk is going to be a big part of a dutch side that is probably going to reach the semis' and we've already handicapped ourselves in the negotiation.

Good player, well worth what we paid and a good time to move him on.

shame to see were seeing first team Dutch & Argentine lads go and replacing them with English lads who are not even close to the England team which is shite) All good sides need someone who can run all day and dirk is ours and should be for the next season or so. As for maxi, well he scored more coming on as a bit part than Henderson, Spearing, Downing put together.

shame to see were seeing first team Dutch & Argentine lads go and replacing them with English lads who are not even close to the England team which is shite) All good sides need someone who can run all day and dirk is ours and should be for the next season or so. As for maxi, well he scored more coming on as a bit part than Henderson, Spearing, Downing put together.

You don't know what you've lost till its gone.

I just hope the owners are ready to invest again, because we will need it.