You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

lfcee

Over the years we have given many players the chance to play for our great club. Some have excelled many have let us down.....

But we provide them with the platform to come here and be loved and idolised. A chance to show the world what they have as a footballer, and be appreciated and respected for their efforts.

We have brought in two strikers for around 20-25 million.....

One was suffering a bad loss in form, had a poor world cup and was playing nowhere near his level. We took the gamble, and gave him one of the finest platforms in world football to showcase his skills....

And he did....and we both benefited. He might have fucked us over but we got 50 million for him, and he became the best striker in the world at one stage.

Now we have given suarez the same chance, we took the risk....but gave him a much bigger platform and spot light than ajax or many other clubs can give him. He has excelled..we have both benefited. In my opinion he is in the top 5 players int he world right now.

Again in my opinion, he would go for easily 50-60 million right now....

So would you cash in?

I can hear you all swearing at me now.....but think about it....

We have taken two good players, given them a bigger platform, more coverage, more worldwide exposure....allowed them to play and showcase what they have, be loved and idolised...almost worshiped and they have QUICKLY gone on to become top players in world football.

I think our club and who we are has allowed their stock to grow as fast as it has. We made them our main men, allow them to be greedy at times, and give them a freedom to play.....they and us, have reaped the rewards.

Can we do it again? Have we got lucky twice?

I think we, the fans, give such players freedom and love. We make them feel wanted and loved and that gives them confidence to show what they have......doesnt happen at other clubs really (think about real madrid, chelsea, man city, milan) at those clubs if you dont perform your out.....we dont put that pressure on such players and i think thats a big factor in why these kinda of players are doing so well here.

I'm not sure if i would sell suarez as he gets me up of my seat, and thats pricless as a football fan.....but i also think we can find more of this type of player and make them excell and get even better because of the platform we provide as a football club.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying, if I have this right, is that we should become a selling club, or feeder club for 'bigger' teams?

If I have this right you can fuck right off!

How long did it take you to come to this conclusion? If you thought about it for longer than three seconds without noticing the obvious flaws then you may as well top yourself as you don't have the mental dexterity required to exist in the modern world.

Fuck being the embracing hug to these players, they exist to serve us not the other way round. It's what they can do for Liverpool not what Liverpool can do for them. We pay them insane money to do a job, not to get them to their peak so someone else can benefit.

I've been sick every time we have sold a player to a rival club, being made to feel insignificant by the likes of Chelsea who aren't fit to wipe our arses. We should strive to keep our very best players at all times.

So what you're saying, if I have this right, is that we should become a selling club, or feeder club for 'bigger' teams?

If I have this right you can fuck right off!

How long did it take you to come to this conclusion? If you thought about it for longer than three seconds without noticing the obvious flaws then you may as well top yourself as you don't have the mental dexterity required to exist in the modern world.

since your name is spanner i will go easy on you......

what im saying is that we have found 2 players and turned them into top players in the world, why cant we do it again?

it doesnt happen at other clubs, becuase they dont give these so called big players the platform to shine like we do at our club.

to think its only ever going to be suarez and torres doesnt cut it with me, we can find more and if the ones we have want to leave.......take the 50-60 million and buy 2-3 more.

im not talking about selling suarez directly, im just saying many foreign players come here as good and leave as amazing, world class, top talent.

clubs seem to get fucked over, yet we provide the platform for them. without us, they might not get so big.......especially liverpool as we treat our players differently to most clubs......and that helps them.

when are we going to start helping ourselves though?

when is it not going to be about one main man......and instead our "trio" or the 4-5 top attackers that we should have and we really do need, to compete for every competition we are in.

i dont love any player, i love the club....i learnt that even more after torres.

I think we, the fans, give such players freedom and love. We make them feel wanted and loved and that gives them confidence to show what they have......doesnt happen at other clubs really (think about real madrid, chelsea, man city, milan) at those clubs if you dont perform your out.....we dont put that pressure on such players and i think thats a big factor in why these kinda of players are doing so well here.

This is one of the most stupid things I have ever read on here.

Congratulations.